The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Organics Studio Boyle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Earthdawn

Earthdawn

FountainPenDay.com

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:28

This weeks review is of the new Organics Studio “Boyle” Ebonite pen. I got the green verion of this pen with a sac. Retail was $35 for this version. $25 for the eyedropper version. It starts as an eyedropper and the other filler option is to get the sac version. There is no convertor and it does not take ink cartridges. Organics Studio commissioned Ranmanson pens to make these for them. The fit and finish is very nice and especially the ebonite. I really like the patteren they have within the ebonite itself. It really has a wonderful vintage look. I did find the lowest edge of the grip section a little sharp on my middle finger. That was due to how I was holding it. I held the pen a little higher and it was no problem at all and really is where a pen should be held. It actually is good for me as it keeps me holding the pen how I should. The grip section itself is nice and smooth and has a good diameter. While a little small for my large hands it will certainly be a great size for the average person. It is by no means a small grip and is comfortable to use.  I nib is an Iridium Point Germany nib with a flat feed. It needed a slight alignment but nothing major at all. It was smooth and fine to medium, but more on the fine side for sure. It also has some flex to it IF you really want it and push for it. This would be a great daily writer and holds a good amount of ink in the sac. As an eyedropper I would imagine it holds 2-3 mls of ink easily. If you were to remove the sac you could make it back to an eyedropper. You would simply put a little silicone grease on the section threads and fill the boody with ink. That would keep you writing for quite some time! My only personal complaint was where they put the pens name “OS Boyle” in white. BUT have no fear as it can be scratched off with your finger nail easily with no sign of it ever being there.

I got mine from Zeller Writing Company

Video Review;

boyle1_zps6f645a27.png

boyle2_zps18bf8522.png

boyle3_zps5f29fc4c.png

Sponsored Content

#2 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:30

Thanks for this, I've been eyeing one for a few days now.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#3 emre_caliskan

emre_caliskan

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 19:51

Thank you very much for review. Do other models of OS have also flexible nibs? I checked out the website but there are only black ones :(

#4 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:11

I like the pen but the "sac-filler" version leaves me more inclined to go with an eye-dropper.

Thanks for the review. I think isellpens.com also has the pens in stock.

No affiliation.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Sponsored Content

|