Diamine Twilight

milanjuza

I saw a swab of Diamine Twilight on Goulet Pens website and I really liked the colour and decided to order it straightaway. Twilight is an amazing ink. It is i one of those that live up or even exceed your expectations. It's not the most well behaved ink in the world. But is has a very deep, noble grey-blue colour which makes is really nice to read and it also looks very elegant. I can see myself using it in almost any situation. With a broad nib, the colour comes across even more clearly. And, if you look closely, there is also a small amount of shading.
I said it was not perfect, so here's what you need to expect: There is some feathering (even on Rhodia), but not to a degree that would bother me. You can also encounter bleed-through, but only with some broad and very wet nibs. For example, I had no problems with Lamy Vista 1.1 italic. On the positive note, compared to some other Diamine inks it dries quite quickly and while it is definitely not water resistant, it remains legible even after short water exposure and that's always nice.
Diamine Twilight has become one of my favourite inks for daily use. And even though it is not perfect, I like the colour so much that I am prepared to forgive some of the shortcomings. You should give it a go too! ;-)
Bigger pics are here available on my blog or my Flickr page.
  • Paper: Rhodia A4 notebook (90 gsm)
  • Pen: Vintage Parker Duofold 1.1mm stub nib
  • Writing sample: J. K. Jerome: Three men in a boat
  • Water test: drops left on the paper for 1 minute

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/9485796417_96f2989168_c_d.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/9485803005_e1f0e2af69_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5516/9485808243_eb6151ed94_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7285/9488612204_32179e86e3_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7421/9485821845_e5e571b055_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2853/9485753457_3269b46d0f_b.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• The Good Captain

• Vintage Razor

• milanjuza

A great review of a nice ink. One of my preferred colour groups in the Diamine and other ink ranges. I don't use mine as much as I ought to so thanks for reminding me how good it is!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thank you for the review.. I very much like the color of this ink very much I may just have to buy a bottle.

Milanjuza,

Thank you for the review :)

I have been using Diamine Twiilght for a few months now, and I really, really like it :)

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Excellent review but after having used it with several pens and papers, I was disappointed with it because for me, it's too green, reaching a tealiness. IMO not very "twilighty" but that's not the problem.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

i like this shade of blue. i'm not a big fan of blue inks, but twilight would probably be my pick if i were to stick with a diamine blue ink. though i would expect a tad darker for an ink called 'twilight'.

-rudy-

I would also imagine Twilight to be a bit of a darker blue, but I like the color. Do not anticipate buying a bottle anytime soon.

Edited by seapin
Sean - Organics Studio Sales Associate
Fountain Pen Lover
Nibmeister
sean@organicsstudio.com

Twilight is one of my favourites - I love the way the green tinge sort of haunts you, is it blue or is it green?

For anyone involved in print, Twilight is actually a very close match to Pantone 316 which is accepted as a green and made up of 13parts Process Blue, 3parts Green and 4parts black. For 315 you simply reduce the black to 1part and get a colour which most would call blue. Reduce black to 1/4part for 314 which is clearly blue. Ever since 316 was chosen as our corporate colour I have found that fascinating. How can adding black turn something green?

• 1 month later...

very nice blue color :thumbup: looks like a darker version of MB Diamond

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time