The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Flair Classy: Indian Eyedropper

flair; indian eyedropper

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mesu

Mesu

Searching for the perfect blue ink..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:12

Flair is an Indian pen manufacturing company started with more than 40 years of pen making history. It is one of the companies popular among fountain pen beginners and school students. As the demand for fountain pens declined, Flair had to reinvent itself and is now more into ballpoints and other stationery products than fountain pens.

When contacted Flair company about their fountain pen line up, the response was that most of their models have been discontinued and currently have less than 5 fountain pen models in regular production.

Enough doom & gloom, below is the review of Flair Classy.

The Pen: The pen is made of plastic with a classic Indian eyedropper mechanism. It was released in 4 colors. Teal, Red, Black and Green. The pen is available in gold trim. 

DSC02368.JPG

Uncapped

DSC02371.JPG

The cap and the name

DSC02375.JPG

Nib: The pen comes with a 2-tone nib and lays a F-M wet line. Suitable for fast writing without snagging the paper. Initially, a bit scratchy but once the tines are aligned it writes surprisingly well. 

DSC02373.JPG

Feed: Plastic

DSC02377.JPG

DSC02376.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 mohan

mohan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:25

Thanks for sharing. I have one in green coLour. Nib is very smooth.You always buys pens as a lot?

#3 Mesu

Mesu

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:47

Thanks for sharing. I have one in green coLour. Nib is very smooth.You always buys pens as a lot?

What gave it away? :P

Not as a lot, just one in every colour :)

#4 mohan

mohan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 13:02

Thanks for your effort to contact flair company directly. What are the other four models by flair. I would also like toknow who makes nibs for flair company as I like them very much.Some flair pens have the P emblem of Pierre cardin. I don't know how.May the both companies receive nibs from same manufacturer.

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 13:54

Some flair pens have the P emblem of Pierre cardin. I don't know how.May the both companies receive nibs from same manufacturer.

They are the same company.

http://flairpens.com/

http://flairpensworl...rre-cardin.html

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#6 DanF

DanF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 17:38

The Flair website doesn't even show any fountain pens!

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

Posted Image

#7 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 19:16

There are two nice-looking fountain pens (on pages 7 and 8) of the Pierre Cardin site. But I suspect they will not actually deliver a small order to the USA.

ron

#8 Mesu

Mesu

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:18

What are the other four models by flair. 

3 are in regular production and can be found in nearby stationery store: Inky, Fantasy & Identity

They also manufacture Ikon for Pierre Cardin

The Flair website doesn't even show any fountain pens!

They clubbed the FPs under gel pens category  :wacko:

Scroll to the bottom of this page: http://www.flairpens...c_gel_pens.html

#9 TakeoJiro

TakeoJiro

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:59

Interesting  ,there are/were  pierre cardin branded fountain pens but not in flairpens web site , a link to some pierre cardin FP models  http://www.markakale...d=Pierre Cardin

( every model is out of stock at the moment ) .Are these models look familiar to flair pen models hari  ?

Edited by TakeoJiro, 21 August 2013 - 10:10.

#10 Aramchek

Aramchek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:49

Simple but elegant design, like most Indian pens (as opposed to Chinese pens that tend to be designed to appear more expensive than they are, as long as you don't look to close or attempt to use it!)

How well built is it, and how well finished? One thing they do tend to have in common is that they look better at a distance!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3 Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

#11 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:21

Interesting  ,there are/were  pierre cardin branded fountain pens but not in flairpens web site , a link to some pierre cardin FP models  http://www.markakale...d=Pierre Cardin

( every model is out of stock at the moment ) .Are these models look familiar to flair pen models hari  ?

Flair pens it seems are "Exclusive Licensee in India Of P.C.L.S.A., Switzerland". So the name Pierre Cardin pens in India are made and sold by Flair   I think the pens in the link posted by you are much more nicer and pricier too. :) HTH

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#12 mohan

mohan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2013 - 17:40

Though Flair is making Pierrecardin pens in India they should not use thier trademark P in their own brands no?

#13 Mesu

Mesu

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:36

Simple but elegant design, like most Indian pens (as opposed to Chinese pens that tend to be designed to appear more expensive than they are, as long as you don't look to close or attempt to use it!)

How well built is it, and how well finished? One thing they do tend to have in common is that they look better at a distance!

This pen costs around $1 and is made of plastic. The plastic feels sturdy enough for daily use.

Finish on the pen body is good, even plating of the gold tone and did not notice any peeling. 

In the 2 tone nib, the gold plating is sometimes seen outside the lines. 

#14 Mesu

Mesu

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:41

Hari answered your question. Maybe using Pierre Cardin trademark on Flair pens is part of their agreement.

Though Flair is making Pierrecardin pens in India they should not use thier trademark P in their own brands no?

Flair pens it seems are "Exclusive Licensee in India Of P.C.L.S.A., Switzerland". So the name Pierre Cardin pens in India are made and sold by Flair   

Edited by Mesu, 22 August 2013 - 04:42.

#15 Revolution

Revolution

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:48

Pens look very classy.

Wish I had one. :D

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

#16 hani

hani

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 15:03

I have also used these pens , they are good, Is these type of feeds are ebonite or plastic

#17 Revolution

Revolution

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2014 - 00:02

I have ask fellow forum member(from India) if these pen still available or not.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

#18 pen10

pen10

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:32

Thank you for sharing the important details  i always want to write everything in my fountain pen please give the website address of Flair Pen manufacturing company .

Sponsored Content

|