Flair Classy: Indian Eyedropper

Mesu

Flair is an Indian pen manufacturing company started with more than 40 years of pen making history. It is one of the companies popular among fountain pen beginners and school students. As the demand for fountain pens declined, Flair had to reinvent itself and is now more into ballpoints and other stationery products than fountain pens.

When contacted Flair company about their fountain pen line up, the response was that most of their models have been discontinued and currently have less than 5 fountain pen models in regular production.

Enough doom & gloom, below is the review of Flair Classy.

The Pen: The pen is made of plastic with a classic Indian eyedropper mechanism. It was released in 4 colors. Teal, Red, Black and Green. The pen is available in gold trim.

post-104386-0-64781200-1376388615_thumb.jpg

Uncapped

post-104386-0-33746700-1376388617_thumb.jpg

The cap and the name

post-104386-0-76683100-1376388621.jpg

Nib: The pen comes with a 2-tone nib and lays a F-M wet line. Suitable for fast writing without snagging the paper. Initially, a bit scratchy but once the tines are aligned it writes surprisingly well.

post-104386-0-26391300-1376388620.jpg

Feed: Plastic

post-104386-0-36785500-1376388613.jpg

post-104386-0-26784400-1376388623.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mesu

• mohan

• hari317

• Revolution

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for sharing. I have one in green coLour. Nib is very smooth.You always buys pens as a lot?

What gave it away? :P

Not as a lot, just one in every colour :)

Thanks for your effort to contact flair company directly. What are the other four models by flair. I would also like toknow who makes nibs for flair company as I like them very much.Some flair pens have the P emblem of Pierre cardin. I don't know how.May the both companies receive nibs from same manufacturer.

Some flair pens have the P emblem of Pierre cardin. I don't know how.May the both companies receive nibs from same manufacturer.

They are the same company.

http://flairpens.com/

http://flairpensworld.com/pierre-cardin.html

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

The Flair website doesn't even show any fountain pens!

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

There are two nice-looking fountain pens (on pages 7 and 8) of the Pierre Cardin site. But I suspect they will not actually deliver a small order to the USA.

ron

What are the other four models by flair.

3 are in regular production and can be found in nearby stationery store: Inky, Fantasy & Identity

They also manufacture Ikon for Pierre Cardin

The Flair website doesn't even show any fountain pens!

They clubbed the FPs under gel pens category :wacko:

Scroll to the bottom of this page: http://www.flairpens.com/productsplastic_gel_pens.html

Interesting ,there are/were pierre cardin branded fountain pens but not in flairpens web site , a link to some pierre cardin FP models http://www.markakalem.com/kategori/dolma-kalem.aspx?brnd=Pierre+Cardin

( every model is out of stock at the moment ) .Are these models look familiar to flair pen models hari ?

Edited by TakeoJiro

Simple but elegant design, like most Indian pens (as opposed to Chinese pens that tend to be designed to appear more expensive than they are, as long as you don't look to close or attempt to use it!)

How well built is it, and how well finished? One thing they do tend to have in common is that they look better at a distance!

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Interesting ,there are/were pierre cardin branded fountain pens but not in flairpens web site , a link to some pierre cardin FP models http://www.markakalem.com/kategori/dolma-kalem.aspx?brnd=Pierre+Cardin

( every model is out of stock at the moment ) .Are these models look familiar to flair pen models hari ?

Flair pens it seems are "Exclusive Licensee in India Of P.C.L.S.A., Switzerland". So the name Pierre Cardin pens in India are made and sold by Flair I think the pens in the link posted by you are much more nicer and pricier too. :) HTH

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Simple but elegant design, like most Indian pens (as opposed to Chinese pens that tend to be designed to appear more expensive than they are, as long as you don't look to close or attempt to use it!)

How well built is it, and how well finished? One thing they do tend to have in common is that they look better at a distance!

This pen costs around $1 and is made of plastic. The plastic feels sturdy enough for daily use.

Finish on the pen body is good, even plating of the gold tone and did not notice any peeling.

In the 2 tone nib, the gold plating is sometimes seen outside the lines.

Hari answered your question. Maybe using Pierre Cardin trademark on Flair pens is part of their agreement.

Though Flair is making Pierrecardin pens in India they should not use thier trademark P in their own brands no?

Flair pens it seems are "Exclusive Licensee in India Of P.C.L.S.A., Switzerland". So the name Pierre Cardin pens in India are made and sold by Flair

Edited by Mesu

• 8 months later...

Pens look very classy.

Wish I had one. :D

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

I have ask fellow forum member(from India) if these pen still available or not.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for sharing the important details i always want to write everything in my fountain pen please give the website address of Flair Pen manufacturing company .