A Problem With Waterman Edson Fountain Pen

parban

Yes,the eaglehead appears on French 18k nibs of Parker 75 also.Thanks a lot.But why then its being scratched so badly?I hope the company will be able to reply.

Regards

Perhaps a picture of your scratches is possible. Gold is soft and I suspect the hard plastic guide ridges have keen edges. This may be worse on some caps than others. Waterman will do nothing for you, it's a case of how do I prevent this happening. Maybe return to my answer....metal polish....but polish the plastic guides rather than the gold. Wrap cotton cloth on a suitably shaped dowel and polish away.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• parban

• Left FPN

• Gary1952

• rochester21

Thanks for your kind suggestion.All the used pens being sold on ebay that I saw are having such scratches.Its surely a design defect as mentioned earlier.

Regards

Hi,

Your nib is a completely different shape from the one on the Edson Sapphire blue pen I purchased new two years ago.

It looks more like the nib from a Waterman Carene....

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

No, the last image that he provided is from the reverse side of Edson so far as I understand.His first set of images were from Carene, just to explain how silver polish works to remove scratches.

Not the slightest scratch on my nib after two years of heavy use.

The cap does not contact the nib at any stage during removal or replacement

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

Even though we now know the answer, I received a reply from NRW CS, asking for the pen to be sent to them before they could assess it for repair. Yes, when all I asked was what material was the nib structure (the fancy part top aft of the nib itself). Perhaps my Q was lost in translation.

Hello

I again request others owners of Edson FP to share their experience.Is it a design defect that affects most pens or its mine cap thats creating the problem? I thoroughly inspected the cap in bright daylight and found nothing wrong in it!And its a NEW pen!I was having a look at the images of used edsons that I found from ebay and almost all of them were having such scratches.Other users please share your experience.

Thanks and regards

• 11 months later...

parban, I am having the same issue as well. I just purchased a brand new nib, after 3 days I noticed scratching around the middle of the nib, noticeable on a lot of the gold! The cap has a black sleeve on the inside that is rubbing. I use my pen often so I take the cap off often during my work day. It must be a design flaw. I'm sad about it, but happy with the price I got the nib for, and it writes beautifully!

parban, I am having the same issue as well. I just purchased a brand new nib, after 3 days I noticed scratching around the middle of the nib, noticeable on a lot of the gold! The cap has a black sleeve on the inside that is rubbing. I use my pen often so I take the cap off often during my work day. It must be a design flaw. I'm sad about it, but happy with the price I got the nib for, and it writes beautifully!

Wrong inner cap?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I have an Edson and no problems whatsoever, which is not the case with my carene that looses ink like hell with good flowing inks.