All Diamine Inks Compared

cybaea

Thank you for this monumental work! I am an old guy who likes to write with classic pens using strong colors. I had chosen Diamine Sapphire Blue for use in a Lamy 2000 and wanted a green to load into a Rotring 600 when it is delivered. Using the swabs so generously displayed at Goulet Pens and your data which had been cited to me in my inquiry about ink in the FPN, I was able to make a clear choice of Ultra Green.

Here is my final selection crib ...

post-106466-0-77496400-1390674732_thumb.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cybaea

• The Good Captain

• amberleadavis

• LameJane

Thank you for this monumental work! I am an old guy who likes to write with classic pens using strong colors. I had chosen Diamine Sapphire Blue for use in a Lamy 2000 and wanted a green to load into a Rotring 600 when it is delivered. Using the swabs so generously displayed at Goulet Pens and your data which had been cited to me in my inquiry about ink in the FPN, I was able to make a clear choice of Ultra Green.

Here is my final selection crib ...

It is a good colour that does not fade (much) on accidental exposure: I am sure you will be happy with it. Glad I could help.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I find now this post. Wonderful work. Very interesting and useful.
Many thanks.

You are very welcome. :)

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Wow, thanks for all of your hard work and sharing it with everyone! I received some Diamine Inks in my Christmas stocking and I'm always on the search for more! Your comparisons are so very helpful. What inks will you be comparing next?

Best to you!

Truly amazing, I am very appreciative of the hard work and excellent result!

You are very welcome.

Wow, thanks for all of your hard work and sharing it with everyone! I received some Diamine Inks in my Christmas stocking and I'm always on the search for more! Your comparisons are so very helpful. What inks will you be comparing next?

Best to you!

Looking forward to seeing your reviews of the new inks :) Not sure I will do any quite so big, but am toying with the idea of doing all the readily available inks: Parker, Waterman, etc. -- the ones you might find in your supermarket, book store, or similar.

• 4 weeks later...

Cybaea -

I can't help but add myself to the roster of folks who have thanked you for your effort in comparing the Diamine inks.

I am still very early in my adventures with fountain pens, but I ended up choosing Diamine Bilberry as my first actual bottle of ink. I have definitely been satisfied with it, but I will enjoy experimenting with different hues and will use this thread as a reference.

Cybaea -

I can't help but add myself to the roster of folks who have thanked you for your effort in comparing the Diamine inks.

I am still very early in my adventures with fountain pens, but I ended up choosing Diamine Bilberry as my first actual bottle of ink. I have definitely been satisfied with it, but I will enjoy experimenting with different hues and will use this thread as a reference.

I am glad you found it useful. And what a great choice for a first bottle: Bilberry is still my 'signature ink' (when I do not need waterproofness).

I am glad you found it useful. And what a great choice for a first bottle: Bilberry is still my 'signature ink' (when I do not need waterproofness).

YES! I used Bilberry in a "51" and diagrammed the plot and characters of Measure for Measure for a novel I'm writing that I'll probably never finish. Unfortunately, there was a light rain when I left the library and the paper on which I had done that painstaking work now bears the marks of a few raindrops. I'm not angry or anything, but I guess I didn't realize that fountain pen ink would be SO vulnerable to water.

YES! I used Bilberry in a "51" and diagrammed the plot and characters of Measure for Measure for a novel I'm writing that I'll probably never finish. Unfortunately, there was a light rain when I left the library and the paper on which I had done that painstaking work now bears the marks of a few raindrops. I'm not angry or anything, but I guess I didn't realize that fountain pen ink would be SO vulnerable to water.

:W2FPN:

Yes, I understand. It's even worse though when you realize that the paper has printed lines which aren't water resistant. Arghh....

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

My thanks for the Diamine ink comparisons ! I tend to use the blue inks from Diamine,......Sargossa Sea and Sapphire Blue are my two favorites. II might try a bottle of the Onyx Black after seeing these results.

Again, many thanks for the ink comparisons !!!

My thanks for the Diamine ink comparisons ! I tend to use the blue inks from Diamine,......Sargossa Sea and Sapphire Blue are my two favorites. II might try a bottle of the Onyx Black after seeing these results.

Again, many thanks for the ink comparisons !!!

Glad you found it useful! Sargasso Sea is a lovely saturated colour with a divine sheen: I like it it a lot.

I'm not the first and won't be the last to

Thank you!

for this amazing post.

This is really helpful to compare and plan for my next purchases.

Cheers from Montreal,

Jéjé

Also new to the world of fountain pens and ink and about to order my first bottles of coloured ink.

Thank you for this exceptional piece of work.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for posting these incredibly helpful comparisons!

I have Majestic Purple & Aqua Lagoon and love them! :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

You are all very welcome :)

Amazing job and your code snippet made me smile, it showed me that I'm not the only one who codes to help my inky decisions!

One question, how long did this take? Did you do this in one sitting or toom your time and did the next one when you ran out of your current ink? If it's the former, cleaning the pen between lines/inks must have been a pain in the neck!

Amazing job and your code snippet made me smile, it showed me that I'm not the only one who codes to help my inky decisions!

One question, how long did this take? Did you do this in one sitting or toom your time and did the next one when you ran out of your current ink? If it's the former, cleaning the pen between lines/inks must have been a pain in the neck!

I did it over two days. I have a sink in my office but even so it was a bit of a pain.

Also don't miss the mini fade test I did: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/250572-all-diamine-inks-mini-fade-test/

Now, this is what I call an Ink Comparison!

A lot of time and effort- very appreciated!

-Frank

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!