Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Looking For Japanese Sterling Models

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hanoi

Hanoi

Đại Gia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2013 - 23:32

Any good silver pens from Japan? Make and model? Thank you.

Want to buy: Any titanium pen with 18k nib encrusted with blue diamonds blessed by the Dalai Lama at a minimum altitude of 8,500 meters.

#2 stan

stan

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 00:05

There are many 'good silver pens' from Japan.

You can start with the Pilot Silvern series

Sailor Profits come in silver too.

I am curious about your terminology.

What do you mean by 'good' silver pens as opposed to bad silver pens.

All of the Japanese pens I know are 'good.'

If you add in vintage one can find a substantial array of makes and models.

stan

Posted Image
Ryojusen-Pens.com
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,087 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:37

All of the Japanese pens I know are 'good.'

+1

In addition to the Pilot/Namiki Silvern suggested by Stan, that sells for around 360USD new, Also look at the Elegance NC sterling silver for 260USD street price.

Silvern link

Elegance NC link

#4 quinden

quinden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 13:30

+ 1 to Stan and Hari - Platinum also offers some beautiful sterling silver pens, including a straight-lined guilloche model (awesome review, btw Hari!) and some hand-hammered models.  They are pricier than the ones referenced earlier, but wow they are beautiful!

I've just started on a sterling kick myself - I found a very nice Pilot Silvern Chrysanthemum from 1976 which feels great in the hand and writes perfectly.  

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 12,087 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 13:59

Quinden, thanks! Actually Sailor is also not behind making the smooth sterling silver model with even the section in sterling silver!!

#6 quinden

quinden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 14:03

Quinden, thanks! Actually Sailor is also not behind making the smooth sterling silver model with even the section in sterling silver!!

Another beauty!  I had the sterling 1911 with a plastic grip which I sold to fund my titanium Nakaya Piccolo, but I think I might try to find that full sterling model. :)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

#7 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 12,087 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 14:07

Another beauty!  I had the sterling 1911 with a plastic grip which I sold to fund my titanium Nakaya Piccolo, but I think I might try to find that full sterling model. :)

wow, you really must review the Titanium Piccolo for us, it has never been shown on FPN in flesh.

#8 quinden

quinden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 14:10

wow, you really must review the Titanium Piccolo for us, it has never been shown on FPN in flesh.

I'll post a picture here in the Rising Sun forum in a few moments and then try to do a review later this week.  :thumbup:

#9 Seiry

Seiry

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:31

I actually came across a Silvern at a pen show and didn't get it.  I didn't know what it was and just knew it had a cool paisley pattern and it was a Pilot.  I got a hold of the guy who had it afterwards but he already sold it.  It was for a good price, too.  :(  I have been looking online and have seen the ones listed throughout this forum except for the one I saw.  *cries*

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle

#10 stan

stan

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,290 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:14

All are Good and all are Japanese.

These are from my website. Have many more.

Vintage Japanese silver is highly collectible and has appreciated over the years.

_wsb_488x360_Shiseido+1.1.jpg

_wsb_495x392_Plat+Fuji+1.jpg

_wsb_496x346_Vanco+R14K+-+1.JPG

_wsb_474x343_DSC08647.JPG

stan

Posted Image
Ryojusen-Pens.com

#11 stan

stan

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,290 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 13:19

Hammered down today on Yahoo  Japan.

Choice sterling silver in box with papers.

Attached Images

• sailsutra.PNG

stan

Posted Image
Ryojusen-Pens.com

#12 da vinci

da vinci

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 13:27

I like sterling silver pens, although I do not own any Japanese models. Your pens look very appealing Stan! :)

#13 Seiry

Seiry

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 22:19

Absolutely lovely.  Do you have the Silvern with a paisley pattern?

All are Good and all are Japanese.

These are from my website. Have many more.

Vintage Japanese silver is highly collectible and has appreciated over the years.

_wsb_488x360_Shiseido+1.1.jpg

_wsb_495x392_Plat+Fuji+1.jpg

_wsb_496x346_Vanco+R14K+-+1.JPG

_wsb_474x343_DSC08647.JPG

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle