Blue Maple Bv - Exclusive Pens & Writing Materials

BlueMaple

Hi All,

First of all, let me introduce myself :D.

The person behind this company account happens to be your favourite admin ;), wimg, but as we want to keep a strict division between activities as admin or moderator and any commercial activity, we have allowed admins and moderators to acquire a separate commercial account if they would want to do anything commercial. This time it is my turn.

Blue Maple B.V., Exclusive Pens & Writing Materials, is a company I started on January 2, 2012, in order to create a focus for what I have been enjoying a lot for more than 10 years now, partly as an admin of FPN, and partly in working with fountain pens and with fellow pen lovers.

This company is about repairing and fixing nibs and anything related to nibs, including the creation and selling of custom nibs, about the creation and selling of beautiful fountain pens, and about writing materials and related articles, all of which I like and enjoy to use myself.

As some of you may know, I was the driving force behind the creation of the Stipula series of FPN LE pens.

This project has resulted in me becoming a retailer of Stipula pens as well, officially since last September, when I visited the factory in Florence, and spent a wonderful two days at the factory in the company of the CEO, Luca Viti, and the great team of Etruria S.r.l., the Stipula company, who work at producing some of the most beautiful pens i have ever seen - IMO anyway ;).

All this was not entirely a coincidence, obviously, as I have been a lover of Italian fountain pens in general, and Stipula pens in particular, for quite a long time, most specifically, of the Etruria series of pens. More than half of my collection of pens consists of Etrurias :D .

Currently, Etruria S.r.l. – the company behind the Stipula brand - and I are about to start the co-production of a new series of pens, designed by myself and Luca Viti, the CEO of Etruria S.r.l. The idea is to create a new series of pens, celebrating the dyes and pigments which made the application of colour in art and writing possible, and, eventually, the creation of the modern fountain pen,.

These pens will be created initially as Limited Edition pens in a rather small series, available here on FPN only, as a small group buy project, which will support this site as well. Part of the proceeds will go to FPN, for hosting, software licensing, and support.

Because this is a group buy, those of you who would like to own one of these pens, will have to vote with their wallet. This means that you will have to pay in advance. We need about 20 payments for each of these pens in order to be able to start production, i.e, pay for the materials and initial manufacturing costs. It also means that those who order one of these first 20 pens, will have to wait the longest. In order to sweeten the deal for the patient amongst us, we therefore will offer a discount of 10% on those first 20 pens. In addition, any nib work on these first 20 pens will be completely free, effectively a value of up to about 110 euros.

The initial production run will be 30 pens only, for which, as mentioned, we would need those first 20 pens paid in advance, and no more than 88 pens of each model will be produced.

So far the technical and financial stuff ;).

This pen series will be, quite aptly, named the 'i Pigmenti' Series, 'i Pigmenti' being Italian for 'the pigments', and they will be numbered from 1 to 88 for each model in the series.

I will discuss these pens in separate topics here, so keep your eyes peeled ;).

Warm regards,

Wim

P.S.: Gratuitous pen photo:

fpn_1375370724__cracked-ice-s.jpg

fpn_1375316348__majink01-150.jpg fpn_1375312926__bm-excl.pngfpn_1375312979__bm-excl-h150-2.png

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueMaple

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days