What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

No, I would like but not. The duo yellow. And I have a lot of fun with it. I tried to put a photo but I can't, sorry

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These two beauties.
Found at a thrift shop for 200 DKK in all.
I don't think they knew what they were selling. ;)

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/Galland_2009/291_zps582f71dc.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/Galland_2009/292txt_zps1fc9caeb.jpg

The nib need a little tlc, gotta find me a good nibmeister.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/Galland_2009/293txt_zps67f13ec7.jpg

All in all, I think that the M101N tortoise red is in very nice condition, after all it is an old pen.
I mean, if I ever reach that same age, I'll be happy if I only have a slightly dinged nib to deal with. :D

Edited by BikerBabeDK

These two beauties.

Found at a thrift shop for 200 DKK in all.

I don't think they knew what they were selling. ;)

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/Galland_2009/291_zps582f71dc.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/Galland_2009/292txt_zps1fc9caeb.jpg

The nib need a little tlc, gotta find me a good nibmeister.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/Galland_2009/293txt_zps67f13ec7.jpg

All in all, I think that the M101N tortoise red is in very nice condition, after all it is an old pen.

I mean, if I ever reach that same age, I'll be happy if I only have a slightly dinged nib to deal with. :D

wow. brilliant find. enjoy..... :) 7

Oh my!

I don't know what 200 DKK equates to in USD, or any other currency, but I assume that it is way less than what these two beauties would bring on the classifieds here. Hats off to you. I only wish that here in my part of the world such prizes were lurking in the thrift shops and yards sales. That is a pen which I would love to have, however I doubt I ever will.

Oh my!

I don't know what 200 DKK equates to in USD, or any other currency, but I assume that it is way less than what these two beauties would bring on the classifieds here. Hats off to you. I only wish that here in my part of the world such prizes were lurking in the thrift shops and yards sales. That is a pen which I would love to have, however I doubt I ever will.

According to Google its just slightly over 34 USD. An incredible find for an unbelievable price!

Congrats!

I bid on two vintage Pelikan 100s on eBay hoping to get ONE (not both), but because of glitches in their mainframe that day, I did get both.

fpn_1411662875__pelikan_100-double.jpg

fpn_1411662901__pelikan_100-nibs.jpg

Just wondering if the the older of the two (on the right in the photo) is one that has a non-Pelikan made nib --which would place it certainly in the 1931-1932 range. The nib on the other pen is quite different --it has a different style of writing (fancier, heavier and more like what you expect from Pelikan) and a totally hard rubber cap and grooved piston knob. If it has a Pelikan-made nib, it would be in the 1934-1938 range, according to this website: http://www.ruettinger-web.de/e-pelikan-modell-100.html

Do the detectives out there have a good idea about this? Thanks for any information you might be able to share!

Edited by HalloweenHJB

By the time I can afford one of those and going through the purchase list of Pelikan's must have, they're all going to be posted in this thread!

Amazing finds!

:P

I succumbed to the sale and a coupon on Penchalet.com and bought my first and only Pelikan--a "Tradition" and I have to say, it impressed me immensely. It's not a heavy pen and it felt almost cheap until I put it to paper. The ink flow and smoothness of the M nib is exactly how I like my fountain pens. I got a white one. Just beautiful to write with

I caught that Galeria-Kaufhof M200 in yellow and now my M200 Citroenpers got his twin brother. Watch for the number of chicks. The Galeria (left) has one chick, the Citroenpers has two chicks. I love that color. The gold platted trim combines very nicely with it. My only problem with the M200 is the small size and the lack of heft. So what about making a special M620 in yellow? What do you think?

Pelikan%20M200%20Yellow%20002.JPG?psid=1

The colors are more realistic in this photo. The yellow is called "Cremegelb" (creme yellow) by Pelikan. It is a very mellow soft yellow.

Pelikan%20M200%20Yellow%20001.JPG?psid=1

fpn_1411662875__pelikan_100-double.jpg

Just wondering if the the older of the two (on the right in the photo) is one that has a non-Pelikan made nib --which would place it certainly in the 1931-1932 range. The nib on the other pen is quite different --it has a different style of writing (fancier, heavier and more like what you expect from Pelikan) and a totally hard rubber cap and grooved piston knob. If it has a Pelikan-made nib, it would be in the 1934-1938 range, according to this website: http://www.ruettinger-web.de/e-pelikan-modell-100.html

Do the detectives out there have a good idea about this? Thanks for any information you might be able to share!

As far I can see is the right one the newer pen (prpbably 1939/40), and the left one the older (maybe 1936/37/38).

Once, I made a Pelikan 100 timeline. Have a look at here: http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4323-1929-44-evolution-of-pelikan-100/?p=23949

With this informations, you should be able to identify the age of your pen.

Christof

I caught that Galeria-Kaufhof M200 in yellow and now my M200 Citroenpers got his twin brother. Watch for the number of chicks. The Galeria (left) has one chick, the Citroenpers has two chicks. I love that color. The gold platted trim combines very nicely with it. My only problem with the M200 is the small size and the lack of heft. So what about making a special M620 in yellow? What do you think?

Pelikan%20M200%20Yellow%20002.JPG?psid=1

The colors are more realistic in this photo. The yellow is called "Cremegelb" (creme yellow) by Pelikan. It is a very mellow soft yellow.

Pelikan%20M200%20Yellow%20001.JPG?psid=1

I think those pens are beautiful. What ink do you use on them?

I think those pens are beautiful. What ink do you use on them?

I just bought an M205 on the Penchalet sale, which looks like your Pelikan above. It writes like a dream but its heft and length are even for my female hands a bit light. I also got the white.

This pen writes better than my best Montblancs, even the slimline that is my smoothest pen. If it were 10 percent wider and heavier, it would be perfect.

Once, I made a Pelikan 100 timeline.

Now that's a great thing!

If it were available for the 100N, too...

I say pretty please with sugar on top ;)

Greetings,

Michael

Now that's a great thing!

If it were available for the 100N, too...

I say pretty please with sugar on top ;)

Hmm, not sure about if this would really be interesting. I remember 3 different types of 100N only, right?

1. 1937-ca.1940, Celluloid (cn) Barrel and HR section (please ignore the strange clip)

5862614876_b4e1d3d29e_b.jpg

2. ca.1940-1949, one piece Barrel made of injection molded Cellulose Acetate (ca), step between section and barrel

15172536010_6b47dc78d5_b.jpg

3. 1949-1954, one piece Barrel made of injection molded Cellulose Acetate (ca) without step

11758601536_82df3a8996_b.jpg

c.

Edited by christof

The red tortoiseshell M101n shown compared to the "green" tortoise M101n and a ~1950 101n. (Notice that the 101n has a longer section than the M101n's and is black). The tortoise on this is definitely more tortoise-like than the the earlier version, but still different from the original. With the amber ink window, the red M101n is reminiscent of earlier red-capped 101n's from ~1940 which had celluloid inner barrels. The nib on the red M101n is an extra-fine which writes without problem, but it writes more like a medium-fine. Also, the nib is definitely not a nail and has some flex (spring, give, softness, whatever).

post-24482-0-79283400-1411756515_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarkTrain

As far I can see is the right one the newer pen (prpbably 1939/40), and the left one the older (maybe 1936/37/38).

Once, I made a Pelikan 100 timeline. Have a look at here: http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4323-1929-44-evolution-of-pelikan-100/?p=23949

With this informations, you should be able to identify the age of your pen.

Christof

Christof: Excellent information. I thank you very much! The newer one, as you noted, was an "export" (and the word is stamped into the bottom of the barrel), and I bought it from a seller in Spain. Thanks again for the detective work!

The red tortoiseshell M101n shown compared to the "green" tortoise M101n and a ~1950 101n. (Notice that the 101n has a longer section than the M101n's and is black). The tortoise on this is definitely more tortoise-like than the the earlier version, but still different from the original. With the amber ink window, the red M101n is reminiscent of earlier red-capped 101n's from ~1940 which had celluloid inner barrels. The nib on the red M101n is an extra-fine which writes without problem, but it writes more like a medium-fine. Also, the nib is definitely not a nail and has some flex (spring, give, softness, whatever).

attachicon.gifIMG_3039.JPG

BEAUTIFUL pens. Thanks for letting us see them! A sample of how they write would be very nice, too! ;)