What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

I have a tiny flock:

to my blue marble m200 with the Binder cursive italic nib,

and my 1980's brown tortoise m400 with the Masuyama XF nib,

I have just added a red m600 Souveran with a Binderized XF nib.

I am very happy.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Legion of bird watchers:

The newest addition for me is a green Pelikan 140 with a DF nib. The pen is very clean, no serious scratches, no brassing on the clip or cap ring, and the ink view window is clear and unstained. The pen comes with a DF nib which, dare I say it, is as stiff as a ..... nail. But that's OK with me, this is the second DF nib I have and I can make them work. all things considered, this pen is a very nice example of a well cared for older pen. I'm very happy to be the new care taker. I now have all black, green stripe and solid green 140's.

I would add pics but I seem to have forgotten the secret handshake so instead I'll leave you with a link to my Flickr page (if I can figure that out). Anyone willing to send me a note with the secret instructions, translated to third grade level comprehensibility, I'd really appreciate it.

I am a little disturbed by how much pleasure this pen is giving me, does this mean I am a shallow person?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34372195@N02/14946972238/

Edited by DrCodfish

OK, perhaps I have temporarily mastered the 'insert pictures" challenge.

14946972208_20fb2cc155_z.jpg

14946971858_d2a4491a02_z.jpg

14946972158_5b3e41aabf_z.jpg

14946972178_5414253669_z.jpg

14946972238_d54c3df086_z.jpg

It came with a nice lttle pelikan hardcase too.

1956 400Nn Tortoise w friction fit OB nib

http://i.imgur.com/1p0i37m.jpg

Hi

Congrats on the new pen. I really would be interested to see a picture of the friction fit nib unit. I have never heard of this on a 1956 pen. Thank you.

C.

Dr. Codfish - nice photos! That pen is simple elegance!

The pic's are OK, but they don't do justice to this pen. Simple elegance is a good description, and the pen itself is in great condition.

I got this pelikano school pen which i believe is a type 2, not a bad writer, and i like the ink window.

Also i got this rappen/ibis piston filler with a broken barrel, a shame because it has a nice nib.

fpn_1409922645__dpp_110746.jpg

fpn_1409922663__dpp_110747.jpg

fpn_1409922678__dpp_110748.jpg

Hi

Congrats on the new pen. I really would be interested to see a picture of the friction fit nib unit. I have never heard of this on a 1956 pen. Thank you.

C.

Thank you. Here is one, and I have posted some more images here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/273655-1956-pelikan-400nn-tortoise-with-a-friction-fit-ob-nib/

http://i.imgur.com/KQTQTWc.jpg

Edited by benincanada

My most recent edition is the M101N tortoise, the last pen on the right in the pic...

post-95756-0-99211000-1410137269_thumb.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

M100 white.

Somehow, I started collecting white pens.

Maybe it is a revolt against the "black pens."

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Beautiful pen sargetalon!

I just bought a M400 with a 12C HEF nib...such a strange nib that I thought it would be worth a try. Are there any other brands that used 12kt gold nibs?

I don't know about 12C but I have a Paker 45 flighter with a 10C nib....

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Beautiful pen sargetalon!

I just bought a M400 with a 12C HEF nib...such a strange nib that I thought it would be worth a try. Are there any other brands that used 12kt gold nibs?

I've wondered about those nibs (HEF) have you gotten it yet? I would love to hear a report about how it writes and perhaps see a writing sample.

I've wondered about those nibs (HEF) have you gotten it yet? I would love to hear a report about how it writes and perhaps see a writing sample.

I don't have it yet...I saw a writing sample of it and it reminded me of one of Mottishaw's Architects Points...sort of like a reverse stub...though the Pelikan certainly has less variation.

Edited by Keyless Works

This is one I'm excited about as I have been searching for one for a while...a vintage 300 from about 1955. And this one has a flex nib. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

A 400 with an OBB nib. (Sorry, I don't know why my photos are getting turned sideways and upside down.)

Beautiful pen with an extraordinary nib. Congrats!