What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

It's easy peasy when you know what to look for....

Thank you very much,Sargetalon. You made it much easier with the pictures.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me it's a M800 25 Jahre Nord/LB-LBS, pictures below next to it's other blue sibling. I fell in love with the M800's with the first blue one below (the 805) and just fell in love again today after inking my second M800, the Jahre Nord, with Visconti Blue. I'm sure there will be more 800's in the future. [Apologies for the iPhone photos - I'll take some proper ones at some point ;) ]

http://gregsteer.uk/resources/images/fpn/pelikan/pelikan-m800-bodies.jpg

http://gregsteer.uk/resources/images/fpn/pelikan/pelikan-m800-nibsandbodies.jpg

http://gregsteer.uk/resources/images/fpn/pelikan/pelikan-m800-nibs.jpg

Nice pens :thumbup:

Blue is the new black... :)

• 2 weeks later...

My second Pelikan ever in almost 15 years as a fountain pen user! 400 with an OBB nib...love it!

Edit: Next to my black pens the 400's cap blind cap and section all look brown. Do the green 400s have brown parts as well or are they black?

post-98793-0-37982400-1408553572_thumb.jpg

post-98793-0-55783700-1408553574_thumb.jpg

Edited by Keyless Works

Just added a 140 green stripe with the sweetest M nib I have used, and a green striped 140 with a F nib. Pendleton Brown will get this one. Also added a black Ibis with an oblique M nib. My cursive writing is rather robust and this nib is rather small, with some flex. This combination has made getting used to it slightly more difficult. But, when I slow down a bit, it is a really nice writer.

My most recent purchase is the M200 Cognac with M nib that has surprised me in being closer to a fine. Actually, by accident I ended up purchasing 2 (bird flu?), one sits unopened on the shelf.

The Cognac scratches the itch for a demonstrator.

I really need to figure out how to do pictures one of these days.

Just got this M800 with broad nib ( writes like a medium ) not long ago. Unlucky me, I have a problem.

It often wont write the first letter of words and sometimes several letters randomly. I did the writing test below to show the symptoms and was pressing at the time.

Its much worse without any pressure. I counted about 50 letters that failed out of 490. Approx 10%.

Any ideas...

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag429/dave2614/001_zpse04f13c3.jpg

Please join me in a big WHOOPEEEEE! Look at this ad. Just found it cleaning out a file drawer. For Christmas in 1998 I wanted guess what. I got the rollerball, which I have enjoyed for 16 years. But you all know what I really wanted.

post-114210-0-77409500-1408753975_thumb.jpg

So recently Rick Propas came up with this little number for me:

post-114210-0-79198100-1408753976.jpg

I am so happy. He described its nib: "The nib I have chosen for you, based on your writing samples, offers a balance of smoothness, modest flexibility and fineness. As such it is a touch wider than what you sent, that is needful for maximal smoothness along with the hint of flex."

It writes so easily and beautifully. Looks as rich as a jewel and fits my hand well. 400NN! First ink: Pelikan Brown!

Please join me in a big WHOOPEEEEE! Look at this ad. Just found it cleaning out a file drawer. For Christmas in 1998 I wanted guess what. I got the rollerball, which I have enjoyed for 16 years. But you all know what I really wanted.

attachicon.gifLevenger.jpg

So recently Rick Propas came up with this little number for me:

attachicon.gifPelikan-400NN.jpg

I am so happy. He described its nib: "The nib I have chosen for you, based on your writing samples, offers a balance of smoothness, modest flexibility and fineness. As such it is a touch wider than what you sent, that is needful for maximal smoothness along with the hint of flex."

It writes so easily and beautifully. Looks as rich as a jewel and fits my hand well. 400NN! First ink: Pelikan Brown!

Nice story, and nice pen!

Dave, I had two Sailors that did the same. Pendleton Brown adjusted both of them. They are now superb. It wasn't necessary for the flow problem, but I also had him make them italic. They now could not write better. His price is reasonable. His service is grand. I am not affiliated, but after several wonderful nibs consider him a friend.

That looks like the newer 2012 M200 Clear Demo limited edition. You can distinguish it from the older 2002 M200 Clear Demo because the 2012 edition has a transparent piston housing and gold banded cap top which differs from the 2002 edition. The M250 clear demo is identical to the 2002 M200 except that it has a 14K gold nib.

2002 M200 Clear Demo on far left

2012 M200 Clear Demo on far right

attachicon.gifPelikan18.jpg

Post-'97 M250 Clear Demo on right

attachicon.gifPelikan50.jpg

That dark green one looks really nice.

Recently added an old M600, green stripes, with a gorgeous 18k gold mediun nib that I love!

Even more recently, I have added a blue marble M200 with a fine nib. Also a great pen!

"La libre communication des pensées et des opinions est un des droits les plus précieux de l’Homme : tout Citoyen peut donc parler, écrire, imprimer librement, sauf à répondre de l’abus de cette liberté, dans les cas déterminés par la Loi."

https://www.instagram.com/penultimatepost

This is my first Pelikan, a fine-nibbed 140. I love it!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/1f5e11f9d99e52a19b070b094f0fbabd/tumblr_naw2r96keH1qgziczo1_500.jpg

It's not in the greatest condition, but I knew what I was getting into. What matters to me is that it writes wonderfully! Now I'm just waiting for my taupe M205 in the mail...

No new Pelikans. I've got more than I can use:

Hercules 1000

Ocean Blue 800

Austria 800

M1000 Green

M800 Green

M800 Black

M800 Blue

M600 Black

M400 Brown

M400 Blue

M250 Black

Level 5

And some more in the range 10 to 40 usd

Pulled the trigger on a Pelikan M205 Duo Green Highlighter. So far I like it. I highlight a lot in books and love the idea of a fountain pen specifically for highlighting passages.

I tried waiting for the release of the orange highlighter...but obviously that did not happen.

http://i.imgur.com/av2YjO1.jpg

Edited by lurker

Pulled the trigger on a Pelikan M205 Due Green Highlighter. So far I like it. I highlight a lot in books and love the idea of a fountain pen specifically for highlighting passages.

I tried waiting for the release of the orange highlighter...but obviously that did not happen.

http://i.imgur.com/av2YjO1.jpg

Oh! Same here! I am waiting for the orange one, but the red little guy on my left shoulder says that I want the green one too. The little guy with wings on the right shoulder agrees.

Oh! Same here! I am waiting for the orange one, but the red little guy on my left shoulder says that I want the green one too. The little guy with wings on the right shoulder agrees.

Well, orange and green do make a great color combination.