What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so, so Happy!!! :D :D :D

I wanted to wait to all my birds get here.

All the pens on the first two pictures were bought between march and april 2014.

The recently bought pens are: Pelikan 140 M nib, Pelikan 400 NN tortoise with M nib (but writes like F to me), Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortoise Brown F nib and a Pelikan Souverän M600 Green M nib.

I put the "new" pens with my "old" pensfor the last picture: Epoch P363 Granite silver (B nib), Epoch P364 Nutwood (M nib) and M205 Duo Yellow Higlighter (BB nib. This one is charged with Edelstein Jade, so thats why the barrel is so dark).

I am really happy and wanted to show you my joy.

Regards from Chile.

post-15091-0-18479400-1398614358.jpg

post-15091-0-78170700-1398614367.jpg

post-15091-0-24426600-1398614374.jpg

Wow Kelleher, you don't mess around! I would say nice start. but your 'start' outstrips many folk's long term collections. At this rate you'll be up with Konis or Daeng in no time. How do you like those Epochs? I think they are nice looking and have toyed with the idea of buying one.

I am so, so Happy!!! :D :D :D

I wanted to wait to all my birds get here.

All the pens on the first two pictures were bought between march and april 2014.

The recently bought pens are: Pelikan 140 M nib, Pelikan 400 NN tortoise with M nib (but writes like F to me), Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortoise Brown F nib and a Pelikan Souverän M600 Green M nib.

I put the "new" pens with my "old" pensfor the last picture: Epoch P363 Granite silver (B nib), Epoch P364 Nutwood (M nib) and M205 Duo Yellow Higlighter (BB nib. This one is charged with Edelstein Jade, so thats why the barrel is so dark).

I am really happy and wanted to show you my joy.

Regards from Chile.

Very nice!

Thank you for your words DrCodfish. I was on a buying frenezi! The Nutwood Epoch was my first Pelikan, so It has an special place on my heart. The nutwood barrel give it a nice touch that i like a lot. It weigths 35 grams aprox (m400=15 grams)The nib is M, a little bit wet, but no flex. The granite silver with the B nib is a nail, but it is ok for every day use. I like them both, but I really prefer the more classical range. So, I am going to let my wife to calm down a bit and then order the M400 tortoise white and the Toledo M700.

M200 Cognac Special Edition with Italic nib.

fpn_1398702607__pelikancognac02.jpg

My sinful indulgence to celebrate a birthday with a zero in it. Does rather soften the horror, it's true...

Cheers, Al

[…]

My sinful indulgence to celebrate a birthday with a zero in it. Does rather soften the horror, it's true...

Totally brillig, sir!

:)

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Just today I bought a Pelikan yellow M205 Duo.

http://images52.fotosik.pl/341/4f528e13d359d97d.jpg

http://images53.fotosik.pl/341/ef851e5ce3f8191c.jpg

http://images55.fotosik.pl/341/372472a8f423ce62.jpg

What will be the next color transparent Pelikan M205?

http://images52.fotosik.pl/341/1d5dae6c57cf640c.jpg

A bright red, or maybe pink?

regards

Wooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

fpn_1398702607__pelikancognac02.jpg

Cheers, Al

Oh! What a wonderful pen. What ink do you use? It seems it is the perfect ink for that pen.

Woooooow! Wonderful collection!

Thanks for indulging us with a real live image of the cognac, grainweevil. I'm relieved to see at least in sun it's not as dark as it looks

in the photos. The glint off that plastic...makes me want to drink cognac.

@ pmn--I love your tray, very elegant. And am impressed you were able to find the same exact tortoises in each model!

I just received a 100N in green, but am upset that it's many shades darker than it looked in the photos, which were deceptive--perhaps due to flash or bright sunlight--so not sure if I'll keep it or not...

this one--an M101n in the lizard finish. i generally don't fancy small pens, but i couldn't resist this one, especially when it recently went on sale at nibs.com for $375:

14058524874_59d2859ba5_c.jpg

it's now on the road with me in hanoi, traveling with another smallish companion, the montblanc 100th anniversary historical:

14054864491_d972ebb5fe_c.jpg

Check out my blog and my pens

What will be the next color transparent Pelikan M205?

http://images52.fotosik.pl/341/1d5dae6c57cf640c.jpg

A bright red, or maybe pink?

Oooo, that's gorgeous. I believe the word is the next Duo highlighter is supposed to be orange; I think that'd go beautifully to the right of the yellow...

Oh! What a wonderful pen. What ink do you use? It seems it is the perfect ink for that pen.

It's a mix; 5 parts Pelikan 4001 Brown and 1 part Blue-Black just to knock back the orange-iness a little. Made it up for a Waterman Junior with a thirst but when I saw the Cognac in the flesh it did indeed seem like the ideal colour for it.

Very nice composition and great use of natural lighting.

Oh, that's very kind of you. In truth I should have at least got out the better camera and so forth, but after the winter we've had I just had to grab it with the sun.

Cheers, Al

Totally brillig, sir!

:)

Or perhaps even FRABJOUS! ... and I thought the color might be Diamine Ancient Copper, what I use in the M800 tortois.

Edited by DrCodfish

Not paying a lot of attention to pens while on this trip, but I did get this M750 in Santa Fe

post-1970-0-58040700-1398993188_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rick Propas

My latest bird is a green striped M800 with an EF nib. I will probably fit it with a BB or 3B nib, after they are ground to cursive italics. I picked up these discontinued nibs loose for this purpose.

I know it's kind of turning the topic around 180º or maybe standing it on its head, but I am actually happiest about a pen I just gave away. I have a wonderful daughter-in-law whose father was Greek. She is currently engaged in reviving the calligraphy tradition at Reed College. I spent a couple years hunting for a Pelikan M620 Athens in mint condition at an acceptable price. A few months ago, I found one. Last week I was able to give it to my DIL with both a Fine stock nib and a Richard Binder 0.7 mm cursive italic nib for a special birthday. Her pleasure in receiving the pen was matched by mine in giving it.

David

David, love your story and such a meaningful gift! Truly an example of pleasure of giving and receiving!

I was shopping for a M1000 and ended up getting this beauty at an awesome price....

post-111047-0-46321000-1399025798_thumb.jpg