Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Titanic9990

This is my first review! :bunny01: (just throwing that out there)

Some things I want to add to this review:

1) This is a "true blue," it has tiny hints of aqua/turquoise but when you look at it there is no doubt it is blue.

2) The shading actually is very good, for some reason I wasn't as impressed as I am now when I made the review

3) The ink did in fact survive the bleach soak test. I couldn't preserve the true color of the ink and get it to show, sorry. It left a very legible tropical aqua color after 30 seconds in bleach.

post-53125-0-56928000-1374868950_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Titanic9990

"Vae me, puto concacavi me!" -Seneca

ἄριστον μέν ὕδωρ μέλαν

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Horseknitter

• Titanic9990

• rizo52

• anandaink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review.

I've found Liberty Elysium an interesting ink, in that it behaves quite differenty from one pen (and nib size) to another. Try it with a broad nib, you should really enjoy the shading.

Every time I see a review I get just a little closer to ordering a bottle. The color is vibrant even from an EF nib. That's impressive. Thanks for the review. I'm glad to see it's fairly water resistant.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

I've grown to like this ink a lot. At first I was not crazy about it but the more I use it the better. Also trying it in different pens helps.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Nice colour, but I have slow start in my Lamy 2000 nib F, Tried in a Safari Nib M and seems to work fine; should try again.

I have tried to like this ink for its color and occasional shading, but it is one of the many Noodler's inks like BBH that write a wider line. When I use a Japanese EF nib, I don't want a wider line, and it drives me insane that it won't put down a crisp hairline like Eel Blue and normal Blue will. Doesn't matter what paper it is, it always turns out wider.

If I used broader nibs, then perhaps this would be a great ink for me, but I just don't like it in an EF.

Robert.

Doesn't matter what paper it is, it always turns out wider.

Yeah, I love the color and qualities, but I get no hairlines :(

Edit: Tried it again last night in my noodler's nib creaper flex and got some nice hairlines, even on cheap notebook paper :wub:

Edited by Titanic9990

"Vae me, puto concacavi me!" -Seneca

ἄριστον μέν ὕδωρ μέλαν

I got a bottle of this from Goulet's. A nice ink and I try to keep it in something, most of the time.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Probably my favorite blue. I love that it is a vibrant blue and you still get some really nice shading. Dry time is acceptable and it is water resistant as well. Flows great. The combination of qualities is, for me, unbeatable. Wonderful blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a ink sample from Goulet Pens and loved it so i had to have a bottle for my collection. Very nice true blue with some nice shading.

I got a handful of samples of blue inks, and this is one of them. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to see how it compares to Baystate Blue. Having no idea how difficult BSB was, I tried it first and of course fell in love. Then I stained my hands, my bathroom sink, my kitchen sink, and a tiny bit of my dining room table.

Needless to say, I'm interested in finding another vibrant blue that is more user friendly. Hope this one will be it!

One of my first inks. I ordered as soon as it came out. It's always in my rotation and it behaves very well.

I did not like this ink at all. I only used it in my Clairefontaine notebook and didn't like it at all. The ink itself took far too long to dry on that paper (days). I would turn the page and continue writing and when I looked back I noticed the ink from one page had transferred onto the opposite page. I also noticed that after flipping a few pages I had written in there was Liberty's Elysium all over my fingers. The color is great, but the ink itself just doesn't work well with more ink resistant paper.

I got a handful of samples of blue inks, and this is one of them. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to see how it compares to Baystate Blue. Having no idea how difficult BSB was, I tried it first and of course fell in love. Then I stained my hands, my bathroom sink, my kitchen sink, and a tiny bit of my dining room table.

Needless to say, I'm interested in finding another vibrant blue that is more user friendly. Hope this one will be it!

It's definitely better behaved than BSB, and while bright it's not eye-searing. Additionally, BSB has slight blue-violet undertones, which Liberty's Elysium does not.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

For those of you with experience how does Libertys Elysium look next to Iroshizuki Kon-peki?

They share similarities?

The Goulet Swab Shop will give you an idea of how they compare (select both inks to see swabs side-by-side). Kon-peki is lighter and a touch more vibrant. Think of a bold sky blue. Liberty's Elysium is more of a classic medium blue. Lightness and color aside, if you want sheen, opt for Kon-peki; shading, Liberty's Elysium.

The Goulet Swab Shop will give you an idea of how they compare (select both inks to see swabs side-by-side). Kon-peki is lighter and a touch more vibrant. Think of a bold sky blue. Liberty's Elysium is more of a classic medium blue. Lightness and color aside, if you want sheen, opt for Kon-peki; shading, Liberty's Elysium.

Thanks four seamer! Guess I'm going to be needing both of them :wub:

I did end up trying Liberty's Elysium after reading this review, and I liked it so much that I bought a bottle! That's saying something for me, because I've been using fountain pens for 2 years now, and only owned 2 actual bottles (but tons of samples!).

I wanted a good blue that I could carry on a daily basis, and I think this is it. Out of all the sampling I've done, this is my favorite blue ink so far. I even like it better than BSB.

Thank you for posting you first review! Great job.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY