Pilot Elite 95S Deep Red M

hari317

great review Hari. Wonderful pics as usual and very useful comparisons.

Have you had a chance to write with the older MYU pens? If so, in your experience do you sense a writing difference?

I have a MYU and a Murex and this looks like a great pen to carry on that tradition.

Thank you so much Pelman. :)

Unfortunately I don't have the Myu, but I do have a Murex with M point that I had bought new, unused. I can say that the 95S is a much superior writer to my Murex.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• de_pen_dent

• subbu68

• pelman

I just bought one of these myself, in the same color, M nib. I wasn't intending to buy a pen today, but it's a limited edition so if I don't I'll miss out! Right? Right? :unsure:

Looking forward to having it arrive!

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

I just bought one of these myself, in the same color, M nib. I wasn't intending to buy a pen today, but it's a limited edition so if I don't I'll miss out! Right? Right? :unsure:

Looking forward to having it arrive!

That's excellent ! Good decision. :) Do share your thoughts when you get the pen.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you so much Pelman. :)

Unfortunately I don't have the Myu, but I do have a Murex with M point that I had bought new, unused. I can say that the 95S is a much superior writer to my Murex.

Best

Hari

Thanks Hari. I guess I will break my 5 month pen purchasing abstinence and hunt for one of these with a M or B nib :).

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

Thanks Hari. I guess I will break my 5 month pen purchasing abstinence and hunt for one of these with a M or B nib :).

Now is a good time to buy these. Certain Japanese retailers are selling these at 30% off list plus 5% paypal surcharge making the prices effectively 26.5% discount off list.

The max thickness available is M.

I placed in my second order for these pens a few days back. Ordered a F in black for my Friend and an EF in Black for me. Also some more Japanese goodies which I will show here if they turn out to be good. :)

I bought mine off Engeika. Came out to less than $100 with shipping, which is pretty darn good for a modern pen with a 14K nib.

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review Hari and comparison between the red and black.

I placed order for the red last weekend from Engeika.

Edited by Mesu

Thanks for the review Hari and comparison between the red and black.

I placed order for the red last weekend from Engeika.

Has it shipped yet? which nib did you choose?

I caved in during the 15% off sale and got one as well, also in Red with a F nib. I realized that there are a lot of times when I do need to carry a compact pen on me.

And I got a Kaba-Zaiku birchwood & a Legno 89S in wood (am a sucker for wooden pens) in the process...

Edited by de_pen_dent

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I caved in during the 15% off sale and got one as well, also in Red with a F nib. I realized that there are a lot of times when I do need to carry a compact pen on me.

And I got a Kaba-Zaiku birchwood & a Legno 89S in wood (am a sucker for wooden pens) in the process...

:)

which make is the Kaba-Zaiku pen?

Has it shipped yet? which nib did you choose?

Not yet.. added a couple of Iroshizuku to the order and then changed the colors. They were very nice about it.

Nibsize is F :)

Edited by Mesu

Hari, it is a Sailor - unusually for Sailor, a Duofold-style flat-top.

Not yet.. added a couple of Iroshizuku to the order and then changed the colors. They were very nice about it.

Nibsize is F :)

Ah, good to know. let us know when you get the pen and tell us how it is. :)

Hari, it is a Sailor - unusually for Sailor, a Duofold-style flat-top.

I looked the pen up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my red Elite 95S, M nib. I like it! Filled it with Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same and it writes perfectly.

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Finally got my red Elite 95S, M nib. I like it! Filled it with Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same and it writes perfectly.

wonderful, thanks for letting us know. :)

I got my 95S and Legno today.

Hari, I have a question: does the squeeze-fill convertor in your 95S also sit *very* loosely in the section? Were it not for the tight fit of the barrel, I wouldnt trust the converter to stay in place, in mine (and that holds true for both the 95S and the Legno).

I got my 95S and Legno today.

Hari, I have a question: does the squeeze-fill convertor in your 95S also sit *very* loosely in the section? Were it not for the tight fit of the barrel, I wouldnt trust the converter to stay in place, in mine (and that holds true for both the 95S and the Legno).

Congrats!

I have used only the cartridge in my pen, however the cart ran out today and right now the section is being soaked for a full clean. So that means I can check the fitment of the converters shortly.

The cartridge is a very good fit, like in all the other pilots I have, so I don't see why the converter will be a loose fit, but I will report back. :)

Ok.

The CON20 fits perfectly. Snug. But it has to be inserted deep enough. The following pic will help:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t543/hari_317/PilotElite95SBlack/IMG_8916.jpg

However the CON50 does NOT fit the Elite 95S and Pilot, to their credit, mention only CON20 as a compatible converter.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t543/hari_317/PilotElite95SBlack/IMG_8917.jpg

HTH

Hari