Conid Bulk Filler Streamline Demonstrator By Fountainbel

Jebus

Jebus,

Thanks for this great review!

Hope to see you agiain on the Conid Pen Show September 21, we will show the latest designs from Fountainbel

When you do like to come please sent me an email for reservation : werner@conid.be

Take care,

Werner

The Conid site is definitely worth a visit. Wonderful idea to combine it with some prototypes of Fountainbel.
Perhaps you can post more details on the board to inform the Benelux enthousiasts?

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jebus

• fountainbel

• hari317

• penmanila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same problem here. :)

I am pretty sure you guys will not regret it.
I have been using this pen for over a month now and it keeps surprising me. Such a good writer.
Often distracted by the transparancy of the system, some people find it ugly. Until you start talking about the technical aspect and the purpose of it's creation... I can't stop grinning when they are baffled and when they stop the conversation by picking up their M10 to continue taking notes...

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

It's the best pen in my collection at the moment. I have a demo ordered as well. Francis tunes the nibs to perfection and the flow from the Conid is terrific. Could not be happier with the standard black. The pen just keeps calling one to be used.

• 5 months later...

This is probably the first pen that in my opinion deserves to be a demonstrator. What's going on inside is as much a part of the pen as the pen itself. I have to agree I have a craving for a demo. We shall see.

Glad reading you continue enjoying your Bulk filler Jebus and Bill !

Good news ! CONID decided launching the Flat top "full" demonstrator again.

This version will become available by the end of February.

Contrary to the initial L.E "First production Run" pens, these pens will not be numbered.

The cap top and filling knob will be alternatively available from black delrin or black hard rubber ( instead of titanium on the FPR version)

When interested please contact directly : werner@conid.be

Francis

Glad reading you continue enjoying your Bulk filler Jebus and Bill !

Good news ! CONID decided launching the Flat top "full" demonstrator again.

This version will become available by the end of February.

Contrary to the initial L.E "First production Run" pens, these pens will not be numbered.

The cap top and filling knob will be alternatively available from black delrin or black hard rubber ( instead of titanium on the FPR version)

When interested please contact directly : werner@conid.be

Francis

That do is good news Francis! Already some pictures available?
Actually I should do another review as a more experienced "Bulk Filler user". Such a wonderful pen! It does the trick the way it should be done.

Hello Francis

Thank you for the sneak peak at the full range in prospect. The marketing has been taken up a notch and the detailed explanation of the technical features of the pen was also very good for a customer to be able to consider. (I note it does not include my new favorite design feature: the o-rings in front and behind the nib unit to keep ink out of the section.)

The new ebonite models look interesting, especially the sleeve changing version with a titanium barrel. I suppose one challenge now is finding a way to try these varying configurations when one does not live too close to Belgium.

This is a big step forward. To unlock more potential still, including purchasing second Bulkfillers, I think we await with interest developments with regard to a "giant" Bulkfiller of the sort you showed in prototype a while back on FPN.

Thanks again.

David.

• 2 months later...

Hi Jebus,

being an engineer ane living in an Antwerp suburb (bizar om dit in het Engels te typen maar anders snapt niemand er wat van), I am super tempted by the bulk-filler. Exept for me there's one mayor flaw: the bulk. I love running out of ink, changing pens and later on refilling the empty pen so much that I consider it a disadvantage that the bulkfiller can contain such a huge amount of ink.

Still I'd like to feel the pen and enjoy the very unique filling system (maybe using only one third of the capacity?)

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Hi Jebus,

being an engineer ane living in an Antwerp suburb (bizar om dit in het Engels te typen maar anders snapt niemand er wat van), I am super tempted by the bulk-filler. Exept for me there's one mayor flaw: the bulk. I love running out of ink, changing pens and later on refilling the empty pen so much that I consider it a disadvantage that the bulkfiller can contain such a huge amount of ink.

Still I'd like to feel the pen and enjoy the very unique filling system (maybe using only one third of the capacity?)

you can always fill as little ink as you want with the bulkfiller. It is true for most pens.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hi KaB,

Only few users find the large ink capacity problematic, to the contrary !

But OK, varying opinions make life interesting.

No problem in filling the Bulk filler half or only one third.

Simply push the piston respectively half or 2/3 down , put the nib in the the ink and retract/anchor the piston back in its "parking" position.

Francis

Hi Jebus,

Hi Jebus,

Because I like to change colors I seldom use all the ink in the pen. Cleaning it before an ink change is actually great fun. The tools make it pretty straight forward.

Also nice to see the mechanism (dis)assemble so quick and easy. In my opinion this feature is adding even more value to the pen than the ink capacity.

Because I like to change colors I seldom use all the ink in the pen. Cleaning it before an ink change is actually great fun. The tools make it pretty straight forward.

Also nice to see the mechanism (dis)assemble so quick and easy. In my opinion this feature is adding even more value to the pen than the ink capacity.

Thanks for pointing this out Jebus !

Further on flushing/rinsing of the pen is a piece of cake.

Given the high volume displacement of the piston and the turbulence created when pushing the piston down and pulling up , the pen is perfectly rinsed after 3-4 flushing strokes

Francis

Conid bulkfillers are among the best and fastest cleaning systems , amongst other advantages, on the market!!

Indeed a few flushes , and your pen is spic and span.

• 1 year later...

i'm loving my bulkfiller streamline, but i have a quick question: how do you flush the pen without having to disassemble it (i don't have the tools)? thanks!

Check out my blog and my pens

i'm loving my bulkfiller streamline, but i have a quick question: how do you flush the pen without having to disassemble it (i don't have the tools)? thanks!

Wouldn't that be just the good old fill with water (instead with ink), expel, repeat until outcoming water is clear?

My problem is, this thing seems airtight, and no ink comes out even when I push the plunger down. I suspect there's a simple procedure here that I'm just not getting ;)

Check out my blog and my pens