The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Platignum Studio Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:06

Platignum Studio Review

Finish; Lime green

[attachment=204942:DSC_0697.jpg]

For other colors see http://www.platignum...io-pen-rainbow/.

Intro

I bought this pen around 2 month ago when I was looking for a decent budget fountain pen to take notes in lectures with. I wanted a pen which wrote well however wouldn’t leave a dent in my wallet if I was too loose it.

I bought it from a local stationary shop for £14 the only other pens on offer that were similarly priced were Parker I.M’s and  Lamy Safari’s none of which I found particularly interesting at the time however the Platignum studio I did.

Appearance / design

I was initially attracted to the pen by it's bright modern design with it large range colour options and secondly by it's all metal design (which is quite rare at this relatively low price point).

The pen is primarily made from aluminium and has a rubber grip section which is comfortable. The pen measures up at 12cm un-posted and 15cm posted which is similar to the Lamy studio and safari fountain pens and in terms of weight and the pen weighs 28 grams posted and 18 grams un-posted which (ironically is nearly identical to the Lamy studio fountain pen) and the pen also balances well.

Overall I was pleased with the design.

Performance

The pen generally performs well and met my expectations. It has a smooth firm steel nib which delivers a medium line width with little to no flex offering little line variation however even though it writes smoothly both my rotring Freeway and Lamy Studio are a little smoother. The pen occasional has the tendency to skip when left uncapped or left unused for long periods of time however I’ve found the feed keeps up well when writing. Overall I’ve I was pleased with its performance of the pen and found it to be well balanced which has made it suitable for extended writing tasks.

Filling system

The pen uses the standard international c/c system which is beneficial as it offers a large range of compatible ink cartridges without the need to use bottled inks.

Value and Cost

I purchased this pen for £14 (approx $20 USD) which seems to be the going price I am happy with the price as it offers a surprisingly solid pen at a relatively low price point.

Overall

I’m pleased with the pen and I find myself reaching for it more often than some the more expensive pens I own. 

Would I buy one again?

Yes If I was to lose mine I would buy another (I'd rather try different pens than buy multiples of pens i already own one which functions well).

Edited by top pen, 11 July 2013 - 19:43.

Sponsored Content

#2 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:20

Great review. I have one in lime green and one in pink. Paid $25AUD for the green one, and managed to get the pink one for $10AUD, so I'm happy.

#3 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,871 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 19:44

Great review. I have one in lime green and one in pink. Paid $25AUD for the green one, and managed to get the pink one for $10AUD, so I'm happy.

Thanks for your comment!

Sponsored Content

|