The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

2005 Omas Arte Italiana Paragon New Model Review

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:28

2005OmasParagoArcoArteItaliananewmodelre

2005OmasParagonArteArcoItaliananewmodelr

P7070350.jpg 

P7070351.jpg 
P7070352.jpg 
P7070353.jpg 

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sponsored Content

#2 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:34

That's a very beautiful nib; I am sure it would be awesome in an EF size. The section looks very handy as well. Is it in silver ?

Posted Image

#3 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:12

That's a very beautiful nib; I am sure it would be awesome in an EF size. The section looks very handy as well. Is it in silver ?

Yes silver section indeed. I am pretty sure it is available in EF

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#4 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:32

If I recall correctly the celluloid (Arco) Paragon has a silver section (optionally gold plated), while the cotton resin Paragons have a plated base metal (brass? bronze?) section.

#5 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:55

If I recall correctly the celluloid (Arco) Paragon has a silver section (optionally gold plated), while the cotton resin Paragons have a plated base metal (brass? bronze?) section.

No wrong, on my cotton resin paragon the Arte Italiana in black color, the section is marked 925 and so are the cap band and the clip which are also made of solid sterling silver http://www.nibs.com/OmasParagon.htm. Even when Mike S reviewed my pen, he  clearly stated that the section was sterling silver http://www.fountainp...w-omas-paragon/

#6 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:42

no more replies for more than 200 views :gaah:

#7 Penne Stilografiche

Penne Stilografiche

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:47

Beautiful pen, I just got the milord version of the bronze arco and it has now become one of my favorite pens. It has such a smooth fine nib, and it looks so beautiful. I will try to post a review of it tomorrow.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

#8 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:37

Maybe type the review next time, its always easier to read a typed out review..I coudln't read some bits of your review..Probably should get a proper camera on a tripod too, pics are all blurry on my computer..

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

#9 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:37

Beautiful looking pen tho

#10 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:40

Maybe type the review next time, its always easier to read a typed out review..I coudln't read some bits of your review..Probably should get a proper camera on a tripod too, pics are all blurry on my computer..

First before criticizing someone for posting a review, make the effort to appreciate the review for what it is. Also you will se that in this subfora lot of reviews are handwritten to show the character of the nib. I think that learning cursive would help you. You are the only one who is complaining about the pics, except the last one who is blurry , the rest are crisp and clear. Change the resolution of your monitor if you have troubles to see them well

#11 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:10

First before criticizing someone for posting a review, make the effort to appreciate the review for what it is. Also you will se that in this subfora lot of reviews are handwritten to show the character of the nib. I think that learning cursive would help you. You are the only one who is complaining about the pics, except the last one who is blurry , the rest are crisp and clear. Change the resolution of your monitor if you have troubles to see them well

I can write cursive..In fact cursive is the only way I write..Actually it was the first photo which was alright the rest blurry..On 2 different computers..But thats alright..No reason to get antsy..You were complaining that there were no comments after 200 views so I suggested perhaps typing it out. You could write and type it out. Anyway no offense meant..Just a SUGGESTION :/ geez..

#12 hsianloon

hsianloon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:53

Thank you for putting up the review. While reviews are done in different ways by different users, I think it would be fair to say that many of us enjoy pictures of the pens. Even if the pen glides smoother on paper than the belly of an oiled baby seal, I'd hardly buy it if I didn't get a good look at it, and to be honest, your photos are blurred...it's nothing wrong with his monitor or mine.

Granted we all can't have a great camera set up at home. You should try taking the photo from a distance, and then digitally zooming in, if your camera is unable to focus at such close distances, it'll only result in blurred images you have above.

As for writing...well not all us have experience writing cursive, but I've never had problem reading it..I can't paint but it doesn't mean I can't tell the Mona Lisa is a piece of art. I find written reviews more useful for ink reviews, particularly zoomed in images that show shading and other vital characteristic of an ink. I honestly can't tell the nature of the pen much since each persons writing style varies greatly, only if they aren't the regular nibs.

That said...we're hobbyists, not 99 year old ladies sipping tea just commenting on each others dresses, a bit of criticism now and then, when adequately constructed, shouldn't be taken too personally

edited for spacing to make reading easier.

Edited by hsianloon, 08 September 2013 - 11:21.

#13 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,296 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:23

fpn_1379208003__samspadetheuhstuffthatdr

...here's to plain speaking and clear understanding...

~ Kasper Gutman aka The Fat Man

#14 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:59

Thank you for putting up the review. While reviews are done in different ways by different users, I think it would be fair to say that many of us enjoy pictures of the pens. Even if the pen glides smoother on paper than the belly of an oiled baby seal, I'd hardly buy it if I didn't get a good look at it, and to be honest, your photos are blurred...it's nothing wrong with his monitor or mine.

Granted we all can't have a great camera set up at home. You should try taking the photo from a distance, and then digitally zooming in, if your camera is unable to focus at such close distances, it'll only result in blurred images you have above.

As for writing...well not all us have experience writing cursive, but I've never had problem reading it..I can't paint but it doesn't mean I can't tell the Mona Lisa is a piece of art. I find written reviews more useful for ink reviews, particularly zoomed in images that show shading and other vital characteristic of an ink. I honestly can't tell the nature of the pen much since each persons writing style varies greatly, only if they aren't the regular nibs.

That said...we're hobbyists, not 99 year old ladies sipping tea just commenting on each others dresses, a bit of criticism now and then, when adequately constructed, shouldn't be taken too personally

edited for spacing to make reading easier.

I am well aware of what you are saying.  I will try to make better photos next time.

Written reviews reveal the character of a fountain pen, and since the time I am on fpn, I most of the time did handwritten reviews which are greatly appreciated. Constructive criticism helps when both sides shares photographs of their pens, if one shares and the other doesn't but just criticizes, it isn't constructive at all. 

Edited by georges zaslavsky, 15 September 2013 - 06:59.

#15 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:55

Constructive criticism helps when both sides shares photographs of their pens, if one shares and the other doesn't but just criticizes, it isn't constructive at all.

I wonder what you meant by that? If you are reviewing a pen and receiving constructive criticism for a review, what does the other person giving the constructive criticism have to do with sharing pics of their pens? Its like saying movie critics have to be actors or directors? But to each his own I guess.

The belly of an oiled baby seal was hilarious btw haha.

#16 Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:10

Actually I found the review interesting. Sure, harder to read than if it was type written but I like to have a visual idea of how the pen behaves on the paper.

I've been wanting an Omas in arco celluloid (preferrably paragon size) since quite long time, therefore I appreciate any info I can get about it.

Thanks for the review and for the time it took to write it.

Sponsored Content

|