• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mary Burke

• Ghost Plane

• gee09

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you and the team at our factory thanks you too for your positive feedback.

It is amazing how some resin colours are brought to life by using a silver trim.

Kind regards,

Mary Burke

Conway Stewart

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like a thirsty puppy salivating over a bowl of water with a glass lid on it!

Any word as to when the model 100 will be on the market?

Thanks,

Bobby

Why carry one pen when four will do!

Member of the Calgary Pen Club: <A href="http://www.calgarypenclub.com/" target=_blank>http: //www.calgarypenclub.com/

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/darthmini/IMG_2701.jpg?t=1399385471

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/darthmini/IMG_2696.jpg?t=1399385489

Please forgive the poor quality of the photos as they were taken on my phone.

This is my first modern Conway Stewart (my only other Conway Stewart is a vintage Dinkie) which I picked up today. It's a 100 series "Vintage Diamond" from a limited edition of pens made for my local pen shop which celebrated 100 years of trading last year.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/darthmini/IMG_2701.jpg?t=1399385471

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/darthmini/IMG_2696.jpg?t=1399385489

Please forgive the poor quality of the photos as they were taken on my phone.

This is my first modern Conway Stewart (my only other Conway Stewart is a vintage Dinkie) which I picked up today. It's a 100 series "Vintage Diamond" from a limited edition of pens made for my local pen shop which celebrated 100 years of trading last year.

Very nice. I like that a lot!

Very nice. I like that a lot!

I like this pen!

Very stylish indeed

What was your nib choice and experience of it?

I like this pen!

Very stylish indeed

What was your nib choice and experience of it?

Sadly, the pen has gone back to Conway Stewart. The thread on the barrel was not cut correctly and top over the clip was not set correctly.

As for the nib, it was an extra fine but the tines were not aligned and the pen "clicked" a lot when writing.

I'm confident that things will work out fine and it hasn't put me off the brand but it is a disappointing first experience. I also have a lot of sympathy for my local pen shop whose good name is attached to this pen

Luckily, I have all of my other recent acquisitions to write with - my current favourite being a Platinum Izumo (Oops - am I allowed to mention that in this forum?)

Just noticed that Andy's Pens has the new CS100 on their site (no affil.). Bit disappointed by the colours: Black, Fresian and Nebula. There is a new three ring band around the cap too...i liked the "old" colours better.

Just noticed that Andy's Pens has the new CS100 on their site (no affil.). Bit disappointed by the colours: Black, Fresian and Nebula. There is a new three ring band around the cap too...i liked the "old" colours better.

I've just had a quick look. I could live with a black one but I'm not sure about the others colour choices. On another point, I don't think the three equal width cap bands work very well but I'm sure there will be plenty of enthusiats that love it.

Kind regards,

Tim

Just had a quick peek too. Not sure I like the three narrow bands on the cap. Much prefer the middle band to be thicker - somehow a thicker band makes it look better balanced to me. I like the classic black but not too sure about the other 2 colours - would have to see them in real life to decide.

Given only those three colors, I would have to choose the Nebula. I have the Belliver in the LE Borealis edition, which is similar to the Nebula in color, and it is visually stunning. My favorite of my 3 resin CS pens, for sure.

My new Conway Stewart 100 arrived. I saw the three colors that had been offered and decided that I preferred the pistachio coloring of the 60th Anniversary Special Edition.

It has just arrived and I must say that I am very pleased with it.

Bobby

Why carry one pen when four will do!

Member of the Calgary Pen Club: <A href="http://www.calgarypenclub.com/" target=_blank>http: //www.calgarypenclub.com/

That looks really nice. Still deciding whether or not to get a pistachio - very tempted looking at yours Bobby!

The 100 pistachio with silver trim finish will not be repeated on future 100 Series pens. It is limited to only 60 numbered pieces and it will not be possible to order the 100 Series in the pistachio as a bespoke finish.

The regular edition 100 Series is offered in a choice of three colours with gold trim: Black, Fresian, and Nebula. All of which is very different when compared to the pistachio colour consisting of dark green, pearlescent green and amber shades.

I wish you good luck in your decision :)

Kind regards,

Mary Burke

You enabler you! :lol:

Trying to help. Decisions to purchase beautiful pens are hard. I know this from personal experience :)

I purchased this pen with a soft fine nib and have discovered it even has a bit of flex.

The more I use the pen, the more I enjoy it!

Bobby

You're just trying to tempt me some more aren't you?

The 100 pistachio with silver trim finish will not be repeated on future 100 Series pens. It is limited to only 60 numbered pieces and it will not be possible to order the 100 Series in the pistachio as a bespoke finish.

The regular edition 100 Series is offered in a choice of three colours with gold trim: Black, Fresian, and Nebula. All of which is very different when compared to the pistachio colour consisting of dark green, pearlescent green and amber shades.

I wish you good luck in your decision :)

Kind regards,

Mary Burke

Thanks for this. I know that there are very few pistachios up for grabs. I'm struggling to decide whether to go for one as I have ordered six 100 series from my local pen shop to have a complete set of each of their designs for their anniversary special editions. Not sure I've got enough left over for a pistachio as well even though I really like the colour and design.

Glad to say that I've got my 100 series back - all problems now sorted - even managed to keep the extra fine nib which now writes beautifully! I think that that on this colour, I prefer the now "older" style silver nib rather than the new two-tone one. As a goodwill gesture, I even received a CS twin pen holder/wallet! :)

My other pens have arrived too so pictures to be included later. Once again, apologies for my poor amateur photography.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/darthmini/IMG_2699.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae359/darthmini/IMG_2746.jpg