Cs 100 Going Back Into Production.

tarheel1

Thanks very much for your kind comments' Mary. This 'impression' is of course based on my CS100 that I bought in 2011 (I think!) when the most recent special launch took place. Here's a picture of it and my 28 in the similar finish. I've added a 58 as well.

fpn_1380233884__cs28__cs100.jpg

I think this Classic Green is a real example of the simple and timeless finish that really should be one of the flagship colours in any current production run.

But then what do I know? I just use the pens to write with!

Thanks for sharing your picture, I love seeing vintage and modern pens in the same image.

We are all in agreement concerning the Classic Green finish! In fact, the Classic Green is currently featured for our Marlborough resin, Winston, Wellington, and soon we will be available for our Churchill model.

Kind regards,

Mary

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mary Burke

• Ghost Plane

• gee09

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for sharing your picture, I love seeing vintage and modern pens in the same image.

We are all in agreement concerning the Classic Green finish! In fact, the Classic Green is currently featured for our Marlborough resin, Winston, Wellington, and soon we will be available for our Churchill model.

Kind regards,

Mary

Here's one of the 58 and 28 together: just for your delight!!!!!

fpn_1341772460__cs_58__cs_28.jpg

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I am sorry that you have not received a response from Christine. Your idea is a good one and I can say that with hand on heart because I have been trying to get the Model 100 and Model 58 relaunched ever since senior management decided to withdraw the models several years ago.
When under new management I approached our shareholders and stressed that the Model 100 and Model 58 are two icon models that should be brought back into our product offerings.
We have a great team at the factory and it was possible to relaunch the Model 58 which is made in lever fill and c/c filling mechanisms, but at present it is not possible to launch the model 100 in a lever fill because of the internal dimensions of the barrel.
I can say that the new-style of the Model 100 will be c/c, and has three wide cap bands but cannot advise the colour range until we officially launch the edition, scheduled to be within the next few months.
I will continue to try and get the model 100 offered in a lever fill because I feel the Good Captain's idea is a fantastic one and I have been saying the same for quite some time now :)
We have many designs and projects on the books, and I cannot go into details about future plans for production at this time. Some designs take more than one year to launch, and this is because of the time involved creating the new design of a pen, QC and the testing of the models for several months before the actual pens are put into official production.

I am hugely disappointed because you won't offer the 100 as a piston filler but only as a converter or lever filler. I can't see myself paying more than 500$ or 500€ for another convertor pen, no and no. You need to tell to Conway Stewart that the 100 must be piston filled or button filled. Here is my 2005 cs 100 piston filler in lava red

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/pens%20%20and%20pen%20reviews/P9280394.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Mary,

That's great news about the 100 coming back...the 58 is nice pen and had several vintage ones at one time, but it is too small for me now...

Had a bespoke 100 made back in '09 I think...in beautiful 'Blue Stardust'(?) with silver trim (see my crummy pics below...).

Gorgeous pen, but I made a big mistake and sold it at some point...so, would be nice to possibly get another one....

My request is for you/CS to consider including an option for silver trim in addition to gold. This request also applies to other CS pens as well. In general, prefer silver to gold trim....

Thanks!

Mark

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/CS100-P1010289.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/CS100-P1010288.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/CS100-P1010286.jpg

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Yes the Blue Stardust is gorgeous.

That's what made me fall in love with the Trafalgar years ago.

Still among the most beautiful pens I own.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...

+1 high capacity piston fill

-1 converter

+1 silver trim option (or at least on some colors)

The colors above are all great. Classic black of course and a couple of solid color options like dark green, burgundy, dark blue, white.

You know, I'd love to see an eyedropper option, perhaps translucent (especially if piston fill is not in the cards). Time to hunt down a Marlborough Vintage ED.

Cheers

The great thing about Conway Stewart is that the style and colours are very much their own, drawing on the range of the traditional Conway Stewart product line with a modern twist and refinement and craftsmanship.

• 2 weeks later...

Vintage and modern CS100 are fabulous pens. http://data.nimages.fr/100twin1aow4.jpg

Excellent photo, and very nice pens.

Vintage and modern CS100 are fabulous pens.

Nice dice and blocks....

and those pens are great too!.... ;)

Great photo of some great pens....

:thumbup:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my post on the visit to the Conway Stewart factory. Info on the CS100 release there.

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The cs100 is indeed a beautiful pen. From my POV Mary, the only change I would ask for is..will CS ever come out with another nib design other than what it already has? I mean I know it's traditional and all but I really like a good looking nib and with CS there are so many beautiful designs for the pen itself but I think it's really time for a few nib design changes..just my two cents.

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

• 5 weeks later...

I like that CS are offering lever fillers as their c/c alternative. I can get piston fillers from many other brands, while (to my knowledge) only CS offer lever fillers in regular production pens (Delta also have lever fillers, but I believe they're all limited editions).

Any word on a release date for the new 100? I have my Coral Green inked and ready for the holidays, but look forward to the new edition.