#1 tarheel1

tarheel1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 18:54

Mary Burke emailed me today informing me they are re releasing the cs100. I missed out on the azure 100 that i want so hopefully this time around.
WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

#2 warblerick

warblerick

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 00:49

Well, that's good news. The 100 series is a fabulous pen, writes beautifully and is well balanced, and posts deeply and securely. Can't wait to see what colors are offered.

#3 Parispens

Parispens

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:56

Yippee. One of the best.

#4 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:08

How does the CS100 fall in the line in so far as price?

#5 Doug1426

Doug1426

Bopa

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 14:36

Eeeeeeeeeee hah!  that's super great news.  Anyone have idea on timing and colros available?

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

#6 tarheel1

tarheel1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 20:52

"Thank you for your email and interest in the Conway Stewart range.

When you see our advert in Pen World issue, you will notice that we are bringing back the model 100 edition torwards the end of this year."

No news on the color range but i was asking about azure.
WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

#7 paloma32

paloma32

Fairly Dipped

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2013 - 22:04

Yes!! I was going crazy looking for the last run of Model 100 a couple months ago, which is completely sold out...though I have little hope the prices will be any lower this time (they were quite high, ~$500, as far as I can remember). On a side note, I don't understand why CS can't make the rollerballs at least cheaper than the FPs, like most companies...

#8 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:11

hope it will be a piston filled model

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#9 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:42

Now, I would just love it to be a simple lever-filler version, like this one.

fpn_1352214199__cs100_the_conway_stewart

I sent this idea to Christine Care months ago but haven't heard a thing back from her; or anybody. Yet. Ever.

Edited by The Good Captain, 01 July 2013 - 10:42.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"
LetterExchange_sm.png

#10 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2013 - 17:45

Yes!! I was going crazy looking for the last run of Model 100 a couple months ago, which is completely sold out...though I have little hope the prices will be any lower this time (they were quite high, ~$500, as far as I can remember). On a side note, I don't understand why CS can't make the rollerballs at least cheaper than the FPs, like most companies...

Hello,

Our regular edition roller balls are priced below the cost for the fountain pen writing modes. 

The reason our limited edition enamel pens are at the same price for both writing modes is because of the cost for the amount of work involved to engrave and hand applied enamel work.

#11 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 11,293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:28

Hello,

Our regular edition roller balls are priced below the cost for the fountain pen writing modes. 

The reason our limited edition enamel pens are at the same price for both writing modes is because of the cost for the amount of work involved to engrave and hand applied 

Mary, do you know if the CS 100 will be available again as piston fill?

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#12 paloma32

paloma32

Fairly Dipped

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:21

Hello,

The reason our limited edition enamel pens are at the same price for both writing modes is because of the cost for the amount of work involved to engrave and hand applied enamel work.

Thank you for clarifying that, Mary. For some reason I thought the regular edition rollerballs were closer to the fountain pen models in price than usual, but I guess I'm confusing them with the limited editions. Of course, they're just as beautiful!  

#13 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 17:18

Mary, do you know if the CS 100 will be available again as piston fill?

Hi George,

We are currently working on the colours and filling mechanism options. As soon as we have finalized the new range I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Mary

#14 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 11,293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 18:03

Hi George,

We are currently working on the colours and filling mechanism options. As soon as we have finalized the new range I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Mary

Very good :thumbup: Many thanks in advance

Posted Image

#15 tarheel1

tarheel1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32

So exciting

#16 Lefthander

Lefthander

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 21:47

Any further word on this release of the Model 100?

#17 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2013 - 21:54

Now, I would just love it to be a simple lever-filler version, like this one.

fpn_1352214199__cs100_the_conway_stewart

I sent this idea to Christine Care months ago but haven't heard a thing back from her; or anybody. Yet. Ever.

I am sorry that you have not received a response from Christine. Your idea is a good one and I can say that with hand on heart because I have been trying to get the Model 100 and Model 58 relaunched ever since senior management decided to withdraw the models several years ago.

When under new management I approached our shareholders and stressed that the Model 100 and Model 58 are two icon models that should be brought back into our product offerings.

We have a great team at the factory and it was possible to relaunch the Model 58 which is made in lever fill and c/c filling mechanisms, but at present it is not possible to launch the model 100 in a lever fill because of the internal dimensions of the barrel.

I can say that the new-style of the Model 100 will be c/c, and has three wide cap bands but cannot advise the colour range until we officially launch the edition, scheduled to be within the next few months.

I will continue to try and get the model 100 offered in a lever fill because I feel the Good Captain's idea is a fantastic one and I have been saying the same for quite some time now :)

We have many designs and projects on the books, and I cannot go into details about future plans for production at this time. Some designs take more than one year to launch, and this is because of the time involved creating the new design of a pen, QC and the testing of the models for several months before the actual pens are put into official production.

#18 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• 4,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2013 - 22:20

I am sorry that you have not received a response from Christine. Your idea is a good one and I can say that with hand on heart because I have been trying to get the Model 100 and Model 58 relaunched ever since senior management decided to withdraw the models several years ago.

When under new management I approached our shareholders and stressed that the Model 100 and Model 58 are two icon models that should be brought back into our product offerings.

We have a great team at the factory and it was possible to relaunch the Model 58 which is made in lever fill and c/c filling mechanisms, but at present it is not possible to launch the model 100 in a lever fill because of the internal dimensions of the barrel.

I can say that the new-style of the Model 100 will be c/c, and has three wide cap bands but cannot advise the colour range until we officially launch the edition, scheduled to be within the next few months.

I will continue to try and get the model 100 offered in a lever fill because I feel the Good Captain's idea is a fantastic one and I have been saying the same for quite some time now :)

We have many designs and projects on the books, and I cannot go into details about future plans for production at this time. Some designs take more than one year to launch, and this is because of the time involved creating the new design of a pen, QC and the testing of the models for several months before the actual pens are put into official production.

Thanks very much for your kind comments' Mary. This 'impression' is of course based on my CS100 that I bought in 2011 (I think!) when the most recent special launch took place. Here's a picture of it and my 28 in the similar finish. I've added a 58 as well.

fpn_1380233884__cs28__cs100.jpg

I think this Classic Green is a real example of the simple and timeless finish that really should be one of the flagship colours in any current production run.

But then what do I know? I just use the pens to write with!

The Good Captain

LetterExchange_sm.png

#19 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,265 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2013 - 22:43

+1 for lever fill

#20 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:12

Thanks very much for your kind comments' Mary. This 'impression' is of course based on my CS100 that I bought in 2011 (I think!) when the most recent special launch took place. Here's a picture of it and my 28 in the similar finish. I've added a 58 as well.

I think this Classic Green is a real example of the simple and timeless finish that really should be one of the flagship colours in any current production run.

I love the Classic Green, and as I said earlier, feel you are correct about the suggestion for a LF.  

Thank you again for your feedback and support -- it is important to CS to hear comments :)  Let's see what we can do in 2014 :)

#21 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 16:17

Thanks for sharing your picture, I love seeing vintage and modern pens in the same image.

We are all in agreement concerning the Classic Green finish!  In fact, the Classic Green is currently featured for our Marlborough resin, Winston, Wellington, and soon we will be available for our Churchill model.

Kind regards,

Mary

#22 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• 4,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 16:20

Thanks for sharing your picture, I love seeing vintage and modern pens in the same image.

We are all in agreement concerning the Classic Green finish!  In fact, the Classic Green is currently featured for our Marlborough resin, Winston, Wellington, and soon we will be available for our Churchill model.

Kind regards,

Mary

Here's one of the 58 and 28 together: just for your delight!!!!!

fpn_1341772460__cs_58__cs_28.jpg

The Good Captain

LetterExchange_sm.png

#23 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 17:53

Nice, eye candy :)  I really do like your images. Thanks for sharing.

#24 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

• Member - Gold

• 11,293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:32

I am hugely disappointed because you won't offer the 100 as a piston filler but only as a converter or lever filler. I can't see myself paying more than 500$ or 500€ for another convertor pen, no and no. You need to tell to Conway Stewart that the 100 must be piston filled or button filled. Here is my 2005 cs 100 piston filler in lava red

P9280394.jpg

Posted Image

#25 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 2,125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 22:39

Mary,

That's great news about the 100 coming back...the 58 is nice pen and had several vintage ones at one time, but it is too small for me now...

Had a bespoke 100 made back in '09 I think...in beautiful 'Blue Stardust'(?) with silver trim (see my crummy pics below...).

Gorgeous pen, but I made a big mistake and sold it at some point...so, would be nice to possibly get another one....

My request is for you/CS to consider including an option for silver trim in addition to gold. This request also applies to other CS pens as well. In general, prefer silver to gold trim....

Thanks!

Mark

CS100-P1010289.jpg

CS100-P1010288.jpg

CS100-P1010286.jpg

Digerati & FP Addict
Diplomat #055

*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***

#26 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,265 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 23:38

Spot on. Silver beats gold in my collection.

#27 Postscript

Postscript

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 00:27

Spot on. Silver beats gold in my collection.

+1

#28 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:14

Another + 1 for Silver.

Blue Stardust is beautiful.

#29 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 19:11

Yes the Blue Stardust is gorgeous.

That's what made me fall in love with the Trafalgar years ago.

Still among the most beautiful pens I own.

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#30 monanza

monanza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:20

+1 high capacity piston fill

-1 converter

+1 silver trim option (or at least on some colors)

The colors above are all great. Classic black of course and a couple of solid color options like dark green, burgundy, dark blue, white.

You know, I'd love to see an eyedropper option, perhaps translucent (especially if piston fill is not in the cards). Time to hunt down a Marlborough Vintage ED.

Cheers