Cute Pens For Us Girls!

GabrielleDuVent

We've had discussions whether a woman can use blue ink, whether a man can use pink ink.

But most pens are not really girl-friendly. :(

Pens are equally used by both men and women, but it seems that the pens I see are mostly geared toward men in design. Colours are sombre, rather robust and bulky in design, without much fanciful decorations. You do get an occasional one like Marlene Dietrich, but those are very rare (there are pink Pelikanos and such, but I don't think corporate women would want to be seen with those...).

So ladies! What is your "pen design" wish? Something thinner, or with filigreed barrel, or more colours? I personally want a thinner pen in brighter colours (yes, yes, I know there are Safaris, but the design of the pen isn't really... nice). Maybe a fleur-de-lis on the clip.

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié.

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• Plume145

• inkstainedruth

• dorothynotgale

I'm not a lady, but what about the feminine Parker Sonnets? They come in white lacquer with pink gold trim or pink gold with chrome trim, and to my male eyes they look suitably ladylike.

Sadly the ultimate 'cute' fountain pen, the Sailor Sapporo Mini 'Hello Kitty' edition has ceased production:(

I`m not a girl- but if i were, i would probably fancy the waterman ici et la, which looks very..."girl-friendly"- doesn`t have a mirror installed, though.

And how about the lovely sheaffer miss universe, or lady sheaffer, her adorable niece ? :lol:

And by the way, i would use pink ink- if i could find some for sale in stores !

Edited by rochester21

Gabrielle

This one is sheer class, the Audrey Hepburn pen, by S.T. Dupont.

With matching bag and lighter.

fpn_1371692351__audrey_pen.jpg

Long reign the House of Belmont.

For that matter I've not seen many GLBT fountain pens, or many African fountain pens either.

I was also hoping to find an FSM fountain pen, but it seems that I can only find Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, and Islamic themes.

Robert.

Gabrielle,

Your cause may be hopeless. BIC was mocked when it came out with the BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen. http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/dp/B004F9QBE6 (see the comments - some are really funny).

But after that I don't think any mainstream pen maker would come out with a cute pen for "yous" girls. You just might be stuck with manly pens.

Pelikan M320 Ruby? I saw one at the Boston Pen Show. Probably the cutest thing ever, in terms of a serious, high-end pen at least. I mean, look at it...Image is from DaveyB's blog.http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/rubyreds_20121101_tn.jpg?w=955

Calculating.

Gabrielle

This one is sheer class, the Audrey Hepburn pen, by S.T. Dupont.

With matching bag and lighter.

fpn_1371692351__audrey_pen.jpg

The lighter really sells this lovely set.

Otherwise - this is no cheap thrill.....

I'm a guy, but I'm a fan of Pilot/Sailor/Platinum's 70's ladies pens. I can't say they're "cute" per se, but they certainly live up to their name.

You might want to look on eBay for Crocodile brand pens.

I bought this one a few years ago, and next to it is a Pilot Petit1, which would be an ideal purse pen.

fpn_1371697150__crocodile.jpg

I can't find that pen any more on eBay, but there are some other nice Crocodile brand pens, like this one --

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_219628951_00-1.0x0/new-crocodile-136-silver-and-golden-m-nib.jpg

on eBay http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-crocodile-136-silver-and-golden-m-nib/131179107.html or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CROCODILE-136-SILVER-MESH-AND-GOLDEN-M-NIB-FOUNTAIN-PEN-/390407912797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae61ffd5d

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Whoops, accidentally linked a ballpoint version of that pen - it comes in a fountain pen version as well.

For low end, I just got a Noodler's Flex Piston Creaper in Vulcan's Coral, which is really more of a soft mottled pink. I also thought of the Hello Kitty pen: someone posted a picture of one last year and it's a really nice (if very bright) pink; but the one on Ebay was around $300 /../../public/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif -- and then

of course there's the "Hello Kitty" part, which was a complete and utter turn off, as far as I was concerned.... :sick:

I gather from the most recent Goulet Communique that pink Lamy Safaris are back on the horizon; if I didn't hate the grip on Safaris so much I'd actually consider getting one.

For high end, there's the Yard-o-Led Viceroy Victorian Pocket Pen (which is, I believe, smaller and slimmer than the standard size VV). The hammered floral design is really pretty, and as a sterling silver pen it's also classy looking. Can't afford one myself; although if I could I'd be more likely to go for the Standard myself, simply because the Pocket Pen only takes cartridges (it's apparently too small to fit a converter :roller1:).

Of course if you're looking at pens in *sort* of "girly" colors, there's the Parker 51 Aerometric in Plum; mine is apparently a Demi, because it's a little shorter than my Midnight Blue Aero. I wanted one mostly for the color (and of course 'cause it's a 51) and less because of the relative rarity compared to other colors in the line.

No, you can't have mine... (it's MINE I tell ya, MINE! Go get your own! You'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.... :lticaptd: ).

Come to think, some of the colors of Parker Vectors I've seen on Ebay were sort of girly, too: the pink ones were nice (although pricy compared to some other colors) and there's a sort of off-white color

(don't remember offhand what it's called), and the Jade Green was attractive and more "feminine" looking IMO.

Although I'm probably the wrong person to be answering this thread. I was always a tomboy growing up, and played with my brother's toy trucks as much as -- or possibly more than -- my (fake) Barbie.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You might want to look on eBay for Crocodile brand pens.

I bought this one a few years ago, and next to it is a Pilot Petit1, which would be an ideal purse pen.

fpn_1371697150__crocodile.jpg

I can't find that pen any more on eBay, but there are some other nice Crocodile brand pens, like this one --

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_219628951_00-1.0x0/new-crocodile-136-silver-and-golden-m-nib.jpg

on eBay http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-crocodile-136-silver-and-golden-m-nib/131179107.html or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CROCODILE-136-SILVER-MESH-AND-GOLDEN-M-NIB-FOUNTAIN-PEN-/390407912797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae61ffd5d

I think that's a Picasso rather than a crocodile.

And if it is, I have a red one I like a lot

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I don't follow European or American brands really, so here are what come to mind...

Pilot Prera, Metropolitan/Cocoon, Lucina, Decimo, Stella, Grance, Cavalier

Sailor Procolor, Lecoule, Professional Gear/Profit variants (lots of special editions), Chalana

Platinum makes a big range of unnamed (model number only) pens in addition to the special edition Celluloid 3776s and stuff...

Tombow has the Object, I think.

There are many others that don't spring to mind. If European companies are failing to appeal to the diverse tastes we attribute somewhat unfairly to gender/sex, then stop looking in Europe.

Edited by XiaoMG

Robert.

The Duke Ruby (and Sapphire, but I prefer the look of the Ruby) has a beautiful filigree design that looks pretty feminine.