Indian Pen Resource

brahmam

An occasional indulgence is quite ok Soum!!!!

:-)

Meanwhile, I too just ordered some Rhodia notepads that I didn't really need.

Oh! my dear, dear Free-will!

Tell me really, "Will I ever be free?"

Allow me until my body becomes still,

To sacrifice as a still standing tree!

- Just another tumble weed!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brahmam

• hari317

• de_pen_dent

• Ashok

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is good to know Ishameek. Of course their webpage is still under construction as far as these items are concerned. Got to see how these measure-up against the Brils and Camlins and Chelparks.... Keep us posted and we shall also keep looking out for Sulekha inks.

It's on/off -topic I don't know. But I've heard sulekha has restarted production of inks . I googled them and found this http://sulekhaink.co.in/sta_nery.htm. also there looking for people in different positions.

Sulekha Works Limited

142C Raja S.C. Mullick Road, Kolkata 700092

Fax: 2425-7988

Email: sulekhaworks@gmail.com

To know more about Sulekha Ink and to find out your nearest dealer, please contact Sulekha's factory manager, Dr. S.K. Dutt at 0-98315 62260.

Cheers!

Brahmam

It's on/off -topic I don't know. But I've heard sulekha has restarted production of inks . I googled them and found this http://sulekhaink.co.in/sta_nery.htm. also there looking for people in different positions.

Sulekha Works Limited

142C Raja S.C. Mullick Road, Kolkata 700092

Fax: 2425-7988

Email: sulekhaworks@gmail.com

anybody noticed www.pensavenue.com

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

anybody noticed www.pensavenue.com

I've purchased some inks from them. Excellent service, the delivery was very prompt. However, I think some of the pens are grossly overpriced there.

I've purchased some inks from them. Excellent service, the delivery was very prompt. However, I think some of the pens are grossly overpriced there.

Agree with Soum. TWSBI pens are listed more than the actual price....

Agree with Soum. TWSBI pens are listed more than the actual price....

It's a good deal cheaper to buy the TWSBI 580 from some UK suppliers with shipping costs than to buy from Pensavenue in Mumbai. :(

I'm buying a jinhao 159 from a chinese seller on ebay. This is my first time buy from a international seller , so should there be any import fees?

I've found that for small packages with a value of <$100, I usually dont get charged customs. I've never been charged customs for any of the Chinese pens I've bought. So you should be ok, I reckon.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I've found that for small packages with a value of <$100, I usually dont get charged customs. I've never been charged customs for any of the Chinese pens I've bought. So you should be ok, I reckon.

thanks. Very important information.

It's a good deal cheaper to buy the TWSBI 580 from some UK suppliers with shipping costs than to buy from Pensavenue in Mumbai. :(

Yes. Actually I was searchin J.Herbin site for any online retailer near India; but I was surprised to see India in the list . Then I found diamine in pensavenue ; well it's a ink nirban||mukti for Indian FP nuts :D . Really facinated by the TWSBI brand Indian pen manufacturer must take a hint and go for quality instead quantity . Here in West Bengal kids are no longer using fps for first pened letters , really sad to see,

Ish:

The one exception is Camlin SD. It seems to be a good quality pen. I own a couple and have purchased several for my friends and they all love it. For a colleague of mine, I purchased a maroon SD and fitted it with Waterman twist converter (of course, he paid). BTW, I heard that the price of Camlin SD has been increased from Rs. 600 to Rs. 900. Wish they keep the price at 600 so that more could afford. If SD comes with a demonstrator, wow! that would be super.

Incidentally, what is your opinion about TWSBI? Is it worth it?

If you live in Kolkata, would you get a chance to call Dr. PK Dutt regarding Sulekha inks? They seem to have some swell colours!!!

Talking of kids, my 11 year old son is fascinated with fountain pens - but the fellow keeps losing stuff so that best I have gotten for him is a Gama from my good friend Prathap Chetty of GEM pens. The picture you see in my profile is my son's when he was barely two years old (9 years ago) - the little rat has a keen dress sense, unlike me!

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam.

thanks. Very important information.

Yes. Actually I was searchin J.Herbin site for any online retailer near India; but I was surprised to see India in the list . Then I found diamine in pensavenue ; well it's a ink nirban||mukti for Indian FP nuts :D . Really facinated by the TWSBI brand Indian pen manufacturer must take a hint and go for quality instead quantity . Here in West Bengal kids are no longer using fps for first pened letters , really sad to see,

Edited by brahmam

Sulekha has a little store close to their office in Kolkata selling all their products including ink. I'd pestered my Dad to drop by and check the inks first hand. He happened to be around in the area recently. But unfortunately, it was afternoon and the shop was closed, presumably for lunch.

I'll let you guys know if I get any more information.

Pens Avenue = Pensavenue = Pen save nue = Pen + Save + Nue = Save + Neu + Pen = Save on New Pen

Edited by brahmam

Pens Avenue = Pensavenue = Pen save nue = Pen + Save + Nue = Save + Neu + Pen = Save on New Pen

:lticaptd: :lol: :lticaptd:

Sulekha has a little store close to their office in Kolkata selling all their products including ink.

Do you know where this is? I am flying through Kolkata next week and will have a day or two in town.

Do you know where this is? I am flying through Kolkata next week and will have a day or two in town.

I'll PM you with the exact location tomorrow. I'll have to ask.

Ish:

The one exception is Camlin SD. It seems to be a good quality pen. I own a couple and have purchased several for my friends and they all love it. For a colleague of mine, I purchased a maroon SD and fitted it with Waterman twist converter (of course, he paid). BTW, I heard that the price of Camlin SD has been increased from Rs. 600 to Rs. 900. Wish they keep the price at 600 so that more could afford. If SD comes with a demonstrator, wow! that would be super.

Incidentally, what is your opinion about TWSBI? Is it worth it?

If you live in Kolkata, would you get a chance to call Dr. PK Dutt regarding Sulekha inks? They seem to have some swell colours!!!

Talking of kids, my 11 year old son is fascinated with fountain pens - but the fellow keeps losing stuff so that best I have gotten for him is a Gama from my good friend Prathap Chetty of GEM pens. The picture you see in my profile is my son's when he was barely two years old (9 years ago) - the little rat has a keen dress sense, unlike me!

Cheers!

"Chennai Living" Brahmam.

Brahmam, Yes I bought The camlin sd from stationarynew for 899/-, do not own TWSBI my opinion is based on the review provided in this forum and how company surveyed consumer base for pen manufacturing . And SD fountain pen stands out for the balance , love it. UGC NET this sunday , so I'm pretending to study. This monday I'll go personally to jadavpur and check the factory out.

Regards,

Shameek

Sulekha has a little store close to their office in Kolkata selling all their products including ink. I'd pestered my Dad to drop by and check the inks first hand. He happened to be around in the area recently. But unfortunately, it was afternoon and the shop was closed, presumably for lunch.

I'll let you guys know if I get any more information.

Good Keep us posted.

post-46194-0-67500200-1372439370_thumb.jpg

perchance would you be passing through Pt Purushottam Ray Street, Burrabazar when in Kolkata?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

perchance would you be passing through Pt Purushottam Ray Street, Burrabazar when in Kolkata?

I wasnt planning on it - but I'll be in Park Street area and may be able to swing by, if the weather holds up (was planning on going to College St and if I am not mistaken, Burrabazar isnt that much further). PM me if you need me to check or pick something - happy to do so.