The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Hero 50 Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iknrepa91452

Iknrepa91452

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 00:54

Hero50Review.jpgHeroReview.jpg

Hero 50 Capped

IMG_20130615_203108.jpg

Hero 50 Uncapped/Posted

IMG_20130615_203133.jpg

Hero 50 Set

IMG_20130615_203231.jpg

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:20

the set looks nice, i've seen it on ebay. i hope they write better than my Wing Sung 500 -Hero's sibling. thx for the review!

let me edit this: my WS writes well, but the nib dries very quickly!

Edited by lovemy51, 16 June 2013 - 05:23.

#3 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2013 - 14:12

I have one of these in dark blue from the same source -- $7.50 postpaid in quantities of one.  I find this a very interesting pen.  It looks like some Waterman's I have.  I would describe it as more understated than utilitarian.  Usually Hero copies old Parkers, so this semi-Waterman is unusual.  There are more surprises inside.  The converter looks like it came from a Sheaffer, but the pen actually takes Parker ink cartridges -- most unusual -- a Chinese pen that does not LOOK like a Parker but uses Parker cartridges!  Perhaps that will help with the reported low ink capacity of the converter (though I am surprised at that as it looks larger than most).  Right now it has a cartidge in it that was designed for Lamy pens.  Though that is possible, I don't recommend it as the cartridge is a force fit and the pen has difficulty piercing it. 

Fit and finish on this pen are much better than some cheaper Heros I have seen.  It looks classier to me than some of the more over-the-top Chinese pens that look expensive from afar but very chintzy up close.  Like most of the extra-fine Hero nibs, I find this one too scratchy for normal writing. 

Sponsored Content

|