4 replies to this topic

#1 falika

falika

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:39

The piston on my Montblanc 24 has stopped working.  Who, in the US, should I send this to for repair?  Recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

#2 Richard

Richard

WWII Warbird Fan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 20:06

If you're limiting this to the U.S., you're avoiding the world's best Montblanc guy, Osman Sümer. He's in Germany. If you want his contact info, contact me back channel.

Click to send email: richard@richardspens.com
Posted Image

#3 PenTieRun

PenTieRun

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2013 - 21:43

I'd just send it to Montblanc's repair facility in Dallas.  The flat fee for repair is around $70.  I've sent in two pens over the past three years and have been very pleased with the result.  There seems a resistance around here to sending a pen to the manufacturer for repair.  That boggles my mind.  Why save $20 or so to have a hobbiest repair your pen when you can get it fixed by the company that made the pen? 

#4 mshepp3

mshepp3

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:34

And I would add that if you have a problem with your MB pen anywhere in the world, simply write to the Mont Blanc people in Germany and they will give you the contact information of the nearest authorized service and repair centre.

In another post on the MB Forum, I recently told the story of the experience I had sending my MB M146 LeGrand in to the Paris Gallery Saudi in Jeddah.  My pen had a very stiff piston which I suspect was my fault as I had unwittingly used water with a small amount of laundry detergent in it to clean it.  The service was handled professionally and efficiently and (here is the shocker) done for free... they even paid for the return by courier!  

Now I had had my pen for less than a year so I understand not all repairs will be done for free, but I was certainly impressed and would definitely recommend and/or use them again.

And - lesson learned - I bought some distilled water which is all I use to clean any of my fountain pens these days!

Cheers!

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,179 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:37

I am pretty sure MB service would just return the 24 back unserviced. they don't support this model anymore.

BTW, I think it would be cheaper to find a replacement pen than get this repaired. YMMV.

Edited by hari317, 17 June 2013 - 07:37.