The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twisbi 580 Diamond

twisbi 580 piston

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slappypappy

slappypappy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2013 - 22:14

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000001910 StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000001894

Recently I got the TWISBI 580 diamond IMG_2125.jpg this pen is a very good pen, the TWISBI flows over the paper like butter leaving one of the most smooth writing experiences i've ever had with a pen a close second behind my m200. IMG_2130.jpg For the overall writing experience, 9 out of 10.

The TWISBI'S box IMG_2113.jpg is the coolest one i've ever had a pen delivered in, it is almost like its own little display case. For appearance on arrival, 10 out of 10.

The TWISBI is a very modern, cool looking pen, as you can see the ink moving throughout the ink sac. I also LOVE the TWISBI symbol on the cap, but there is one major problem, the cap cannot be posted, personally that is a HUGE problem for me, so the pen itself is not all that greatly balanced.  for overall appearance 7 out of 10

For the cost of the pen, it is a great buy you can buy one new for only 50$, which is a very fair price for this pen,for cost, 9 out of 10.

The filling mechanism on this pen is great,IMG_2131.jpg piston fill, which works out to make it look much cooler with the ink just resting in the ink sac, for filling, 9 out of 10.

For the overall experience of the pen, 44 out of 50, a great grade for a great pen

Attached Images

• IMG_2117.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2013 - 22:59

TWSBI makes a great pen.   I just purchased a VAC 700 with a medium nib.   It is as smooth as silk, and it posts.   For my 580, I purchased a butter smooth CI nib ground from a broad nib from Pendelton Brown.   It's wonderfuI, much nicer than a 1.1 stub.  Pendelton Brown does great work.

Edited by NobleDel, 10 June 2013 - 23:01.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twisbi, 580, piston

Sponsored Content

|