FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Resealing Old Cartridgesreconstituted ink
Posted 08 June 2013 - 15:26
I've even been told that some people fill (clean) old cartidges with new bottled ink as a way to carry ink while traveling. Makes some sense if you can reseal the cartridges.
Posted 08 June 2013 - 15:43
I have read here on FPN that hot glue will seal the cartridge. Also, cut off the end of a cartridge and fit that over the end of the filled cartridge. I think I read here also that some hardware stores carry tiny rubber stoppers to insert in the cartridge. Search the forum, this question has come up before.
Posted 08 June 2013 - 16:19
I use a dab of silicone seal. I've sent them through the post in unpadded envelopes as 'micro samples' with nary a problem (yet).
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:32
Mucho thanks to all. The old thread has several practical ideas, but I hadn't found it.
Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:51
Everything else seemed to have a drawback or two.
Thanks again for all the help solving this problem. FPN NEVER FAILS.