• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• torstar

• amberleadavis

• DrCodfish

Of a dozen Diamines in the collection this one stands out as a champion for its colour.

It even feels superior as it goes down on paper.

Yes, there is something SOLID about Oxblood. I felt that way a bit about Poppy Red as well. But Oxblood is so very.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I think this ink would be so beautiful with some shading! No matter how much I enjoy the color when I start using it, like you, I end up a little bored.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

The SOLID to me is best described as the "texture" of the ink, but that doesn't quite look right as the word to use.

Great review of my favorite ink. Nothing tops Oxblood in my Parker 51. Perfect color for making a serious point on my students' papers while avoiding an obnoxious red.

Hi Fabienne, I have used both Oxblood and Rustic Brown, and honestly can't tell them apart unless they are side by side, and even then it seems difficult to discern between the two. If you have both it would be great to see a comparison. Here is Rustic Brown in a pen I inked today, before I saw your great review:

fpn_1370454426__redipoint_-_ingersoll_st

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

A lot of inks look flat on the page but this one almost seems to be alive somehow. Maybe it's a slight sheen or shading or the contrast against cream paper. It's a wonderful ink.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

It is a wonderful ink. Alas, I do not have Rustic Brown and won't be getting it due to the fact I practically have to move out of my house due to the ink bottles there. I do love ink. Must write more.

I think it's a contrast against the cream paper, it has no sheen or shading. OK, it's sexy like a banker is sexy in his 3 piece suit, he suddenly grabs you behind the head at the base of your skull and pulls you to his generous mouth, his hand reaches behind your rear end and he lifts you forward whilst both of you fall backwards onto the polished mahogany desk...

Right? Right. That is precisely what this ink is all about.Thank you schin! And torstar, you are right, too...SOLID is not the word...sexy is. Leave it to the Canadians to come up with the right word after all! <3

OK, it's sexy like a banker is sexy in his 3 piece suit, he suddenly grabs you behind the head at the base of your skull and pulls you to his generous mouth, his hand reaches behind your rear end and he lifts you forward whilst both of you fall backwards onto the polished mahogany desk...

..what! Don't stop there! Lol!!

Uh...yeah...how come my ink doesn't do that?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

amber...that's because you are so in love with Bung Box. :lticaptd:

(I am loving your reviews of that series and terrified I am going to spend my last cent on one of them...they are GLORIOUS).

amber...that's because you are so in love with Bung Box. :lticaptd:

(I am loving your reviews of that series and terrified I am going to spend my last cent on one of them...they are GLORIOUS).

tee hee hee

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thanks for the review. Oxblood is one of my favourite reds and one which I don't mind using daily. Love the flow and lubrication!

Speaking of this 'Very Popular Red" is there a side by side comparison with Syrah? I have Syrah and like it, especially as it is going on, but it dries a little too brown for me. I have Matador, I like it but it is is a little too 'fire engine red' for me. Looking for somethng that is a dark brooding red, something like, well, you know ... Oxblood.

Yes, go to Goulet Pens and do a side by side for yourself! :D

• 4 weeks later...

stunning color :thumbup: great review and great handwriting, thank you

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time