Posted 29 June 2014 - 16:55
But if i carry a Meisterstück MB there are often the usual comments. Unfortunately the formerly
mentioned "judging your class by your pen" thing appears quite often then. I really hate that
the marketing strategy of MB worked that good, so i use a Meisterstück less often when i am
at wort or on travel.
To make it competely absurd, when i'm using my Verne or Faulkner in most cases nobody cares
again as long the white star isn't noticed (i usually don't post and use pen pouches, so the chance
Is good for that). As if people were trained to some kind of MB-bling as Pavlov's' dog to food...
Odd views too, while weraring an metal-t-shirt and using a MB - class juding dont work then.
Edited by scratchofapen, 29 June 2014 - 16:56.
Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:27
Yesterday wan in a Prometric Training Center to finish an another Microsoft Certification, and for that I needed to sign a few things. As I not seen any pen in near by, reached to mine, used my simple Matte Black Sonnet GT with Diamine's Imperial Purple. The exam administrator was so wondered, she noted that's a very beautiful pen and how differently and more beautifully writes, as well rarely see fountain pens any more... I was just smiling.
Posted 16 July 2014 - 21:19
Posted 16 July 2014 - 21:23
Went to order some flowers from my local florist recently and was jotting down the pick up date and opening times in my pocket notebook. She noted my "old fashioned" handwriting and the stub nib I was using. She had to have a go; eventually the pen pouch came out and I had to damn near prise my Sheaffer Imperial from her hand. I think she appreciated that someone in their mid 20s still goes to the effort of writing down random everyday notes with a fine writing instrument instead of a disposable iPad or Bic.
Chances are you've made a convert....
Wishing you a
Happy, prosperous and above all healthy
2 0 1 5
Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :
Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:37
"Whoa!"-Longfellow Middle School friends.
-William S. Park
“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.” - Graham Greene
Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:18
The one time I was so bored I brought an oblique pen holder, a bottle of ink, and a few nibs to school, back when I was still a college student:
"Oi, Apple (my nickname)! I think your pen's broken! "
"Why is it shaped like that? Is it for lefties? You're not a lefty though."
"What the heck, Apple? I can't believe you actually brought a dip nib to school "
That last one was an older friend of mine who was taking his second course. He was familiar with dip pens on account of his being friends with an artist who still inked their sketches using dip pens and sumi ink, so when I got around to talking fountain pens with him, he joked that I should just have a quill and inkwell at my desk for taking notes instead of carrying around my fountain pens. To be fair, dip pens are less archaic than quills, but most people wouldn't bother with that distinction, haha.
Oh, and everywhere I go in this country people invariably start calling my fountain pens "Jose Rizal pens", even though he lived in the late 1800s, when quills were still a more prolific type of writing implement. Well, at least they were in colonial Philippines; no idea about other countries.
Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:08
Posted 18 July 2014 - 14:58
"Wow, you're using a fountain pen!....didn't know they were still around....bit old fashioned..."
But 99% of the time at work, no one says anything....the other 1%, I get either something like the above comment or occasionally "What a beautiful pen!".....
*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***
Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:26
Posted 01 August 2014 - 13:36
I was meeting with a colleague yesterday, and pulled the pen out to take notes, and he commented on it. He was stuggling to come up with the term for it. He said, " that's one of those ... uh." So I had to tell him it was a fountain pen. He thought the two I had on me were cool.
"Over the Mountain
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado." - E. A. Poe
Posted 01 August 2014 - 23:46
"How old is that pen?"
"I had one of those a long time ago. It leaked."
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gossip, pens, people
Writing Instruments →
Of Nibs & Tines →
Writing Instruments →
Repair Q&A →
Brand Focus →
Regional Focus →
Great Britain & Ireland - Europe →
Brand Focus →