The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review Conid Flattop Black Bulkfiller

conid bulk filler fountainbel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arran

arran

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:27

A few weeks ago , I was eagerly awaiting my new , Flanders ,  produced fountainpen.

The Conid Black flat top bulkfiller comes with a Titanium stub nib , finetuned by Fountainbel (Francis Goossens)

The ink used : Iroshizuku Yama-guri.

1.Presentation: some pen enthusiasts were invited to the Conid production site (Comec , Wilrijk , Belgium , Antwerp area).

We were all delighted with the invitation by Werner Helsen and Francis : background and history were explained.

Filling instructions were highlighted.

2. Presentation box : clearly , Conid wants to invest all new ideas and energy in the pen itself and not in fashion , Italian style poshy boxes.

The box does its work and is just fine.

3.Instruction leaflet included : within all of my collection pen and boxes , I have never seen such a clear instruction paper in which the filling   itself is explained.Bravo!

4.Filling itself : OK , it takes some time , to get used to the filling mechanism , but once fully understood how things work , all works fine.

A pitty however , that you cannot see the mechanism working in this pen (not the demonstrator!)

Huge amount of ink can be used ! Flushing and cleaning have never been so easy!! Bravo.

5.Nib : The( Bock) nib gives some nice flex and is highly stylish with the general look of the pen.Writes smooth and effortless.

Ink flow , till now , no skipping or flow issues to be mentioned. Writes rightaway even after some days of non writing.

6. Barrel is made out of Delrin polymer : I have to emphasize that , comparing with all other polymers used in pen industry , this is a marvel to use , to touch and feel : softness reminds to silk  and gives special sensation. Bravo!

7. Dimension : perfect size , about Pelikan M 800. The overall aspect is quite a "engineer looking" pen. The pen is stylish.

8. Price- quality: OK , it quite an amount of money , but just compare with other pens , on the market.You just get a wonderfull mechanism and an overall no nonsense , no compromise pen made by PEN LOVERS and not marketeers.

Future : A demonstrator streamliner  is still on my wishlist

Sponsored Content

#2 rvthof

rvthof

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:51

Thanks for your review of this remarkable pen!

Do you have some photos to illlustrate,
especially a writing sample with this interesting nib would be highly appreciated (I am a stub lover ;=)))

Rob

#3 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 20:09

Thanks for your review Arran, and glad to hear you are happy with your Bulk filler !

Francis

#4 blopplop

blopplop

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 19:04

I want one!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, bulk filler fountainbel

Sponsored Content

|