De Atramentis: Document Ink Dark Blue

cybaea

I couldn’t see this one on the list, but looking again I found Bill’s review at https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80596 so apologies for the duplicate.

This is an archival (“document”) ink to ISO 12757-2 standards. It is resistant to water and should have good light resistance. I did not expect to like this ink, but I find myself warming to it. Noodler’s ink is almost impossible to get here in the UK and casual import can easily double the price when getting reasonable quantities, so this is a nice alternative.

Hope this is useful to someone.

post-101322-0-83782800-1367263657_thumb.jpg

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JazzDoc

• Morbus Curiositas

• georges zaslavsky

• cybaea

Great review, and I really love your handwriting!

Thanks for this - now I want a bottle!

Mark Polis, MD

"A flourishing style of chirography is nowhere less in place than on a physician's prescription."___1856, Edward Parrish, An Introduction to Practical Pharmacy

Thanks for that. Like the colour, must try some.

Ive been getting Noodlers from Goulet. As long as you dont exceed 2 bottles ive found that you dont get nobbled by customs handing charge and vat. The Ink is cheaper but shipping is expensive but it all balances out. At least you can get it. Generally delivery is within one week so ive no complaints. Great people to deal with

Cheers

Alan

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the review. I had been unsure of the differences between this and the deA Archive ink, and your reviews have cleared this up for me. Thanks once again.

✒️ :happyberet:

Ditto... good to hear this. And that it is not their other 'archival' 'non-FP' ink. Will now order some.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a nice and dark blue :thumbup: Thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 6 months later...

I couldn’t see this one on the list, but looking again I found Bill’s review at https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80596 so apologies for the duplicate.

This is an archival (“document”) ink to ISO 12757-2 standards. It is resistant to water and should have good light resistance. I did not expect to like this ink, but I find myself warming to it. Noodler’s ink is almost impossible to get here in the UK and casual import can easily double the price when getting reasonable quantities, so this is a nice alternative.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Thanks very Useful

I have both the Blue and the Dark Blue Document Inks....

Amazing stuff!!!

It's resistant to sunlight. I am a nurse and I held the paper with the ink under the Tap, I also poored hand desinfectant (Sterilium) on it. Desinfectant even removes biro ink of your skin... But here comes the wonder nothing happened to the De Atramentis document ink. It's like t was carved in stone...

I´ll post a writng sample in the coming days...

By the way try the Khaki and the Jane Austen Green... Very lovely in an Italic nib

attachicon.gifDA-document-dark-blue.jpg

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Thanks very Useful

I have both the Blue and the Dark Blue Document Inks....

Amazing stuff!!!

It's resistant to sunlight. I am a nurse and I held the paper with the ink under the Tap, I also poored hand desinfectant (Sterilium) on it. Desinfectant even removes biro ink of your skin... But here comes the wonder nothing happened to the De Atramentis document ink. It's like t was carved in stone...

I´ll post a writng sample in the coming days...

By the way try the Khaki and the Jane Austen Green... Very lovely in an Italic nib

ps Sorry Cybaea Ibelieve Ive written in your original message... I'm newhear and I don't under stand how to reply properly. Is there a difference between te quote function and normal replying

Kind regards

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

So now the $64,000 question: is it safe in your pen and will it lead to difficult to handle clogs?

Mark Polis, MD

"A flourishing style of chirography is nowhere less in place than on a physician's prescription."___1856, Edward Parrish, An Introduction to Practical Pharmacy

DE ATRAMENTIS

Tintenmanufaktur JANSEN

Schillerstraße 5

57627 Hachenburg

Deutschland

Fon: 0049(0)2662-9477058

Fax: 0049(0)2662-9477059

E-Mail: info@de-atramentis.com

Yes it's safe in your Fountain Pen. It.s made of nano particles as Dr Jansen told me. this means that it does not clog your feed. When changing to another ink simply flush with a bulb syringe...

Only disadvantage, it takes longer to clean your converter because you cannot flush it...

But why don't you call him... Friendly and ver enthusiatic Guy who will take all the time to answer your questions.

Here is the adress

Hope this was helpful to you Dear Jazzdoc

Kind Regards...

ps as a jazz fan I must say Cool name :-)

DE ATRAMENTIS

Tintenmanufaktur JANSEN

Schillerstraße 5

57627 Hachenburg

Deutschland

Fon: 0049(0)2662-9477058

Fax: 0049(0)2662-9477059

E-Mail: info@de-atramentis.com

Yes it's safe in your Fountain Pen. It.s made of nano particles as Dr Jansen told me. this means that it does not clog your feed. When changing to another ink simply flush with a bulb syringe...

Only disadvantage, it takes longer to clean your converter because you cannot flush it...

But why don't you call him... Friendly and ver enthusiatic Guy who will take all the time to answer your questions.

Here is the adress

Hope this was helpful to you Dear Jazzdoc

Kind Regards...

ps as a jazz fan I must say Cool name :-)

Thanks, Morbus. Appreciate the information. It is a great color with nice properties.

Mark Polis, MD