• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• pajaro

• TwelveDrawings

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Well done pajaro, let us know how it work out.

I have replaced the section in my recent Danube Blue with one purchased from the bay. It was put together for £38 which also included 2 x new deluxe blue boxes.

fpn_1398587978__dscn1176.jpg

fpn_1398587820__dscn1177.jpg

I think the Danube is the nicest colour and might I add the most difficult Phili to photograph.

I have a clear afternoon today so it is time to show all mine together as I have aquired a few more since the opening topic picture.

fpn_1398605166__dscn1189.jpg

Edited by Force

Very, very beautiful. Here's one that looks like parts of two pens, but could be a bad pic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151279844300?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_310wt_662.

I have bought a couple of nice pens from this seller. No interest in this one.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Very, very beautiful. Here's one that looks like parts of two pens, but could be a bad pic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151279844300?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_310wt_662.

I have bought a couple of nice pens from this seller. No interest in this one.

Frankenpen?

Yes, of course. I bought a couple of Parker Insignias from him, and I think Parker might be his strong suit.

:) :D :) :D :) :D

The elusive Turquoise Green finally appeared and only 5 miles from me.

fpn_1399214603__green_01.jpg

auction picture.

I wonder if PP will make 10K viewings

fpn_1399216716__dscn0771.jpg

Edited by Force

I love that turquoise green. I would love to find one. I haven't seen any Watermans here in BFE.

Force, if you keep posting interesting things, it will make 10,000 viewings.

A negatory shout-out to all the Phileas peeps here: I posted a plea for help at two different forums. I got precisely *zero* answers here, but elsewhere someone leaped in and gave me just the info I needed. This surprised me, I thought you guys were into it.

The immaculate all-black that I landed, having only suffered from a loose clip, no longer suffers. It soars. (As much as a lowly Phileas can, that is...)

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

A negatory shout-out to all the Phileas peeps here: I posted a plea for help at two different forums. I got precisely *zero* answers here, but elsewhere someone leaped in and gave me just the info I needed. This surprised me, I thought you guys were into it.

The immaculate all-black that I landed, having only suffered from a loose clip, no longer suffers. It soars. (As much as a lowly Phileas can, that is...)

We are but we cannot answer if we don't know.

So the answer was ? just in case we buy one with such a clip.

I can tell you how to pull a nib without all that puffing and grunting or how to polish the plastic cases mind.

Just collected it this morning. It's mint unused, given as a leaving work present.

fpn_1399288959__dscn1207.jpg

fpn_1399289068__dscn1211.jpg

That one is beautiful. This kind of thing will phuel the phever.

These are such nice writing pens, and the caps post.

So the answer was ? just in case we buy one with such a clip.

See here.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Oh, yeah. I like that group too.

BTW - just having a bit of fun with you guys, it doesn't matter where we get the good info, as long as it pops up. And congrats to Force on that boring green pen... :)

~ Benjamin Franklin

You DID post that question, Jon. I did not know the answer but was expecting Force to jump in. He apparently completely overlooked your post.

Oh well, some cross-pollination between different forums can't be bad.

But DO tell us the answer...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Boring green . . .you know, pens are boring. Too easy. I should try sharpened sticks dipped in ink for these checklists at work.

You DID post that question, Jon. I did not know the answer but was expecting Force to jump in. He apparently completely overlooked your post.

Oh well, some cross-pollination between different forums can't be bad.

But DO tell us the answer...

I know, I really originally thought just to write Force a PM, but I figured the post would be better. In any event, the person who responded is also on FPN and just decided to answer over at FPG (where I also posted). I put a link to the thread in post #394, and you should take a look, because they posted a couple of photos (of a Kultur cap which uses the same clip/attachment). It is worth the quick look/read.

Boring green . . .you know, pens are boring. Too easy. I should try sharpened sticks dipped in ink for these checklists at work.

I like the patterned Phils, although not that they are all identical. However, I have the same "meh" about the solid colors (excepting black) that I do with pastel Snorkels and common P51s. They are all still nice pens as far as writing is concerned, but just too bland to get me interested in purchasing. I'll note that, like the pen above, some of the others have models that are worth quite a bit due to scarcity, but it certainly isn't because they are the best looking of the colors. Some of it, too, has to do with when they were being made, as both Snorkles and P51s reflect changes in color taste and style in the era of the 50s-60s.

To each their own, I only poke fun. I'm happy if Force is happy.

~ Benjamin Franklin

It's all fun.