#31 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,683 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 16:43

Don't know where else to put this question, but can anyone tell me the difference between gold, silver and bronze members?

Yes, of course.

When you register here, you become a Bronze Member. After 30+ days of registration, you automatically become a Silver Member, and if you have 30+ posts to your name in all forums but Chatter, in addition to having been registered for 30+ days, you will become a Gold Member. 

With each upgrade you can do a little more, like have access to PMs, to Upload for hosting images shared on FPN, and you will be able to post Classifieds (Gold Member).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#32 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:35

Don't know where else to put this question, but can anyone tell me the difference between gold, silver and bronze members?

Actually, with two more post you'll be promoted to Gold.

D.ick

The FPN-Stipula LE 2011 and 2012, too .:

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#33 Opooh

Opooh

Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me, il nome mio nessum saprà!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:14

Thank you very much!

#34 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:35

Thank you very much!

See, you made it... :D

D.ick

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#35 Phormio

Phormio

General Secretary of the Soviet Collective of Fountain Pen Users

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:47

Here's a question -

We used to be able to adjust the appearance/settings of the forum so it had a particular theme for each user.

Is that still possible with these changes?

Lots of wants, limited funds!

#36 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,683 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 13:23

Here's a question -

We used to be able to adjust the appearance/settings of the forum so it had a particular theme for each user.

Is that still possible with these changes?

We had a few very nice skins, indeed, or themes as they are called now. This was one of the reasons why we waited as long as we did with upgrading the board software. As of 3.2.x - we were using 3.1.4, the old skins were not compatible anymore with the board software, and there were really major changes in layout and structure of the software, requiring a major rewrite of the skins.

This was true again for 3.3.x, and again for the current version, 3.4.x, with us being on 3.4.4 right now. We couldn't afford to wait any longer, due to the version we were on no longer being supported, and security issues which could no longer be updated anymore as a result.

The original author of the skins decided to start a new business, something completely different, so we were really stuck. However, as we speak, the skins are being rewritten after all by the person who acquired the rights to the skin software and designs, and they will reappear. We just have to sit it out for a while, as it does indeed require a major rewrite, and a lot of puzzles to be solved to make it work properly. The first skin is being worked on, since a few weeks, and that will likely take the longest. The Board Index (Forums main page) has been done for 99% for this first skin (Library), so now for the rest of it, and then any other skins :). We will likely add any skins as soon as they have been completed.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#37 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:27

That would be really nice as I like books, so I miss my library....

Rewritten by the person who acquired the rights...... I think I happen to know him.

Give him my best wishes and tell him he's welcome to come and have a good coffee and chat.

D.ick

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#38 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,683 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:45

That would be really nice as I like books, so I miss my library....

Rewritten by the person who acquired the rights...... I think I happen to know him.

Give him my best wishes and tell him he's welcome to come and have a good coffee and chat.

D.ick

<ROFL>

Thank you, D.ick, I will tell him so ;). Once forums start looking nice too, I may post a teaser :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#39 sumgaikid

sumgaikid

Don't mess with the kitteh......

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:50

<ROFL>

Thank you, D.ick, I will tell him so ;). Once forums start looking nice too, I may post a teaser :D.

Warm regards, Wim

What he said!    :thumbup:   Library was the skin that I liked using out of all

of them!

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

#40 Dr.Slackware

Dr.Slackware

Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 21:22

I'm sorry if I missed this, but what are those "Iridium" things on the sidebar?

#41 pakmanpony

pakmanpony

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• Moderators

• 17,044 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 21:48

They are for a single, visible donation to FPN up where it says "Support FPN"

Iridium Supporter (Gold Members only): ir-menu-opt-02.png

#42 Winchester

Winchester

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2014 - 19:26

I dunno if this is the right place to ask this but I wish the search function showed its results in a plain new page instead of a modal popup. It's annoying and just gives the impression of style over substance. And its the kinda style that hampers function.

#43 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,683 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 16:25

It is the way the Google search option works, sorry.

You can always select the traditional search method, which will display a new page.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#44 Guillermo

Guillermo

Mint

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2014 - 19:22

Understood. Sounds only fair for the service you guys and girls are giving to the worldwide community. Thanks for keeping this up.  :)

#45 GUNGA GALUNGA

GUNGA GALUNGA

Extremely Rare

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:52

I joined to promote my hobby, to trade ideas and an occasional fountain pen.

Long ago, I subscribed to a magazine. It turned out to be 75% advertising.
I cancelled.

I am a hardcore capitalist, but it's not the reason I joined. I support these changes.

You will continue to accept voluntary donations, won't you ?

Thank you for professing that you are a hardcore capitalist. I mean that

#46 GUNGA GALUNGA

GUNGA GALUNGA

Extremely Rare

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:57

Dearest Members & Visitors to the Fountain Pen Network,What do the changes to FPN member accounts mean for you?

• If you are a Bronze or Silver Member with no commercial interests: absolutely nothing.
  • If you are a Gold Member with no commercial interests: absolutely nothing, with 1 small exception. You cannot post unlimited numbers of listings in Classifeds anymore, but you wouldn't anyway.
  • If you are a Gold Member with commercial (or other) interests: you no longer can advertise in high volumes or at high value without a Premium account.
  • Premium accounts come at a price, at 3 different levels, with 3 different sets of extra options, providing the possibility to advertise your business or services right here on FPN in a variety of ways. The latter was not possible before.
Who can purchase a Premium Account?Silver and Gold Members only. These accounts are upgradable as well, from one to the other. Do note that purchasing a Premium account is a commitment for a full year and that there is no refund option.Why these changes?We need funding to keep FPN running, and hopefully growing. FPN is run by volunteers, but there are certain costs which cannot be avoided, such as hosting, licensing, support and accounting costs. In order to find out more, please read any of the relevant News items, click on the links in the Side Bar, or in the bar at the top of each page.Kind regards,The FPN Admin Team
Had I not have been suspended for giving my views on the PIF, I would have already sent you the 360 for the highest yearly account
But I don't know who next is gonna get mad at my conservative views. It's gonna be awhile before I give a dime

#47 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:36

Had I not have been suspended for giving my views on the PIF, I would have already sent you the 360 for the highest yearly account
But I don't know who next is gonna get mad at my conservative views. It's gonna be awhile before I give a dime

I'm not sure what to think about this reply.

A few remarks.

If you like this forum, want to keep it going, and can spare some money, you donate some, or become a premium member. You don't have to.

About people getting mad at your remarks: I have not read them, so I do not know if that suspension was justified. And now in retrospect I do not want to know.

But this forum is about a hobby for most of us. For some it is their profession. The object of this forum is to have the hobbyists enjoy their hobby.

So the rules are set so people can enjoy this forum without being confronted with unpleasant posts.

It is no problem if you find someone an A-hole. But you can't say it on this forum.

It is no problem if you have conservative views, but if they have nothing to do with fountainpens, do not vent them here. Same goes for left-wing, religious, race-related or sexual opinions.

And if it does have something to do with fountainpens, write in such a way as not to hurt someones feelings. And remember that we are a global community. What you find acceptable language, someone across the globe might be offended. by (sometimes because they are not native speakers and do not understand a pun or joke)

There have been members who like to have a strong discussion and did not find the possibilities for that here in this forum. They went elsewhere, and have opened another forum where it is okay to jeer and whine etc. Nice for them.

But if they come here they should "behave".

If you feel at home in this environment, enjoy yourself here.

Greetings, D.ick

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#48 theverdictis

theverdictis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 18:50

I can't complain with anything here. I come here for the posts, not for the sales.

Snap!

letterji9.png