Montreal?

Dimitry V.

Bonjour Hi!

So I was trying to find out if anyone in Montreal, Quebec, Canada organizes a get together or something and I seem to have found a whole bunch of nothing.

Am I really the only one who likes FPs around here? Then where did all those pens from Stylo.ca go?

We don't have to set up a posse, simply some proof of life will suffice. Perhaps a small get together could be held, some day. :)

Keep in touch. laugh.gif

Kind regards,

Dimitry

"La charité du sage le pousse parfois à paraitre ému, fâché ou réjoui afin de ne pas blesser son entourage
par la froideur et la lucidité de sa vraie nature."

http://i45.tinypic.com/ekoyc.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dimitry V.

• haibinyin2000

• JLS1

• Harlequin

Bonjour Hi!

So I was trying to find out if anyone in Montreal, Quebec, Canada organizes a get together or something and I seem to have found a whole bunch of nothing.

Am I really the only one who likes FPs around here? Then where did all those pens from Stylo.ca go?

We don't have to set up a posse, simply some proof of life will suffice. Perhaps a small get together could be held, some day. :)

Keep in touch. laugh.gif

Kind regards,

Dimitry

Hello Dimitry,

I'm also from Montreal. In the place where I work, I've already seen people using fountain pens, but they're very rare.

I enjoy using fountain pens at work, but I've already been called snobby due to that.

I visit stylo.ca both in downtown and in Carrefour Laval quite often, for inks most of the time.

If you want to set something up, count me in.

Thank you.

Haibin

P.S.: Je parle français également. Enchanté!

I'm also in Montreal and know of at least 2-3 FPN'ers who either live or work here (plus 1-2 people who aren't FPN'ers but are into FPs). I'd be up for an informal meeting...

Hello friends!

Well, I'm glad to see I am not alone around here. I will keep in mind that we have a few people that could show if we were to ever set something up.

I enjoy using fountain pens at work, but I've already been called snobby due to that.

This happens to me too but rather than call me snobby, my colleagues seem to get intimidated by my overly complicated writing contraptions. roflmho.gif That is why I mostly use my VP at work. People don't realize it's a FP and therefore don't give me the "have you traveled here from the past?" look.

En tout cas, ça me fait plaîsir d'apprendre qu'il y a d'autre monde qui s'intéressent aux stylos fontaines ici, à Montréal.

Kind regards,

Dimitry

Edited by Dimitry V.

"La charité du sage le pousse parfois à paraitre ému, fâché ou réjoui afin de ne pas blesser son entourage

Double post. My apologies vbg.gif

Edited by Dimitry V.

Hello friends!

Well, I'm glad to see I am not alone around here. I will keep in mind that we have a few people that could show if we were to ever set something up.

This happens to me too but rather than call me snobby, my colleagues seem to get intimidated by my overly complicated writing contraptions. roflmho.gif That is why I mostly use my VP at work. People don't realize it's a FP and therefore don't give me the "have you traveled here from the past?" look.

En tout cas, ça me fait plaîsir d'apprendre qu'il y a d'autre monde qui s'intéressent aux stylos fontaines ici, à Montréal.

Kind regards,

Dimitry

Absolutely. When should we organize something?

Hey Dimitry, if you would like to use the VPP chat room as a place to plan everything out with some others who are interested, feel free. I've found it is a LOT easier to have a "real time" conversation to iron that kind of stuff out than try to hash it out kind of piecemeal.

• 5 months later...

So I am not alone after all..

Montreal pen addicts a few and far between. I am on the south shore of montreal and admit to being an addict for the past few years. I use my pens daily at work, I wouldn't have it any other way. No one uses FP's around my office. I find it makes my day more interesting and writing reports worth while. I would be interested in meeting up but need some gender balance here...I don't want to be the odd one out !

Louise

• 7 months later...

Bonjour tout le monde!

I just found this thread,a few days too late - there was a (very) small get-together yesterday, please see this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262911-is-there-a-montreal-fpn-chapter/

There were three of us :) et Louise, 33% de femmes ;)

The experience was largely positive enough to wish for a repeat. Before summer I think, maybe at the end of may, would be nice.

À bientôt j'espère!

• 2 weeks later...

Montreal pen posse be sure to sign up with Pelikan for the Pelikan Hub meetings I believe the deadline for registrations is May 5th for the June 13th meeting in your community of Montreal.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.