2013 Edison Morgan Le Purchasing Thread

bgray

Hi Everyone!

We have our materials finalized for the 2013 Morgan Limited Edition. The pen will be Briar Swirl Ebonite and Neon Acrylic.

Price is $190 for the Briar Swirl Ebonite, and $175 for the Neon Acrylic.

If you are not familiar with what's happening, please read this thread prior to participating to make sure that you are aware of logistics, estimated delivery, etc....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/241874-2013-edison-morgan-le-group-buy/page__p__2627333__hl__edison__fromsearch__1#entry2627333

The buying period will begin now. The buying period will end on Sunday, April 7th at 11:59 PM EST. After this time period, no additional orders will be taken, no exceptions.

Click Here to Purchase the Edison 2013 LE Morgan.

Thanks!

Brian at Edison

(Please note that the Artist's Proofs below are not engraved yet. They will be engraved tomorrow or Monday, and I'll add the photos then.)

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/2013-Limited-Edition-Morgan/i-cPSQq6c/0/M/IMG_8009-M.jpg

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/2013-Limited-Edition-Morgan/i-KWJMNJL/0/M/IMG_8010-M.jpg

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/2013-Limited-Edition-Morgan/i-JhVj52z/0/M/IMG_8008-M.jpg

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/2013-Limited-Edition-Morgan/i-QpMKt3B/0/M/IMG_8011-M.jpg

Edited by bgray

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgray

• crazystan

• heymatthew

• reprieve

Order in... 1 Briar Swirl!

is it ready yet???

I hate being patient! :crybaby:

Honestly, really excited though, can't wait!

Neither of these would have been my choice, but I think they both look wonderful. It's a tribute to the wisdom of crowds. I am slightly envious of everyone who is getting one. :)

My first Edison pen, ( an ebonite Briar Swirl), is now on order. Can't wait, - but I'm going to have to. I hope Brian will keep us posted like he did on the last group buy. It will be fun to follow the progress of "our" pens.

Edited by pakeo

"I need more pens."

- Paul

If any other Aussies are looking to get in on this and would like to save on postage costs, please PM me. :)

I'm shocked that I'm so bowled over by the Neon. I will definitely be getting the Briar Swirl, but am now considering the acrylic as well... hmm...

Neon ordered. Very excited! Also hoping for a single digit LE number. Would be nice if they went out in the sequence the orders were placed. Like a reward for early adopters. Not really sure why a lower number feels better. Just does. Thank you Brian for doing this for us!

Neon ordered. Very excited! Also hoping for a single digit LE number. Would be nice if they went out in the sequence the orders were placed. Like a reward for early adopters. Not really sure why a lower number feels better. Just does. Thank you Brian for doing this for us!

Thanks!

Just so people understand, historically we've done the numbering from low to high, starting with XF up to B. So XF nibs would be the low numbers, Broads will be with high numbers.

I have no idea how we'll do it this time, especially since we now have italics to offer (which just left Germany, by the way!!!! Should be here next week!)

Maybe we'll surprise you with how the numbering works......dunno yet!

:)

I'm shocked that I'm so bowled over by the Neon. I will definitely be getting the Briar Swirl, but am now considering the acrylic as well... hmm...

Same here, I was in the Briar Swirl camp myself, but now that the Neon won the acrylic vote... oh the debate.

Brian: I hate to be a bother but do you have any closer up shots of the fine detail of the Neon pattern? I'd originally thought it was just orange but it looks like a red/yellow mix on second looks.

For those that want closer details the link is on the ordering page at the top, click through then hit the O at the top to see the images at the original size.

Really looking forward to the italic nib either way.

Edited by GSteer

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Ugh.

I want people to understand before I ask this question that I have each of these nibs and enjoy them all. I'm not asking what they're about. I'm pondering what to do and will accept any feedback.

Broad, 1.1, or 1.5? Hmm...

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Neon in 1.1 stub....Done and Thanks for the group buy.

"As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled." -- Victor Hugo

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/centurycigar/2j26aaa_zpsf21706be.png

Any way to order multiple nibs? I'm wanting a medium and 1.1.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Ugh.

I want people to understand before I ask this question that I have each of these nibs and enjoy them all. I'm not asking what they're about. I'm pondering what to do and will accept any feedback.

Broad, 1.1, or 1.5? Hmm...

Hmmm, that is tough. My suggestion, since you're torn, would be to split the difference and go with the 1.1.

Any way to order multiple nibs? I'm wanting a medium and 1.1.

Contact me and we'll work out one of the nibs as a separate purchase.

As an aside, will the 1.1 and 1.5 nibs be available through normal retail channels soon? I may order one ahead of these pens being finished...

Bought and paid for!

Briar Swirl with 1.1 italic...the waiting begins!

I couldn't resist the ebonite!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

I'm in for the Briar ebonite...went for a traditional medium...let the waiting begin!

Kevin