Diamine Florida Blue

Bhavna

I have wanted to try this ink for a long time and it was worth the wait.

fpn_1363528851__diamine_florida_blue_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• jkbd52

• PrintersDevil

• ex-bugonaut

A nice review of an ink I've been thinking about having a crack at. It's like others I've got though so a bit more investigation is needed first. I like your others in this current 'series' of review too but they're not in my colour range, as it were so I've not left a comment on those. Hope you are still enjoying the Music ones - I am!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

A nice review of an ink I've been thinking about having a crack at. It's like others I've got though so a bit more investigation is needed first. I like your others in this current 'series' of review too but they're not in my colour range, as it were so I've not left a comment on those. Hope you are still enjoying the Music ones - I am!

Hello! This is a stunning colour, I have so enjoyed using this ink. Yes I am still enjoying the Music Collection, it really is so lovely.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I have used this ink in the past and very much enjoy it. Great review. I do have a question though. When I had it in a Lamy Al-Star it wrote very wet in a medium nib. Do you find that it writes wet for you? Just curious if it's always a wet ink or was just my pen. Thanks

“Left-handers are wired into the artistic half of the brain, which makes them imaginative, creative, surprising, ambiguous, exasperating, stubborn, emotional, witty, obsessive, infuriating, delightful, original, but never, never, dull" James T deKay and Sandy Huffaker

I have used this ink in the past and very much enjoy it. Great review. I do have a question though. When I had it in a Lamy Al-Star it wrote very wet in a medium nib. Do you find that it writes wet for you? Just curious if it's always a wet ink or was just my pen. Thanks

Hello, thank you! I find it has a very good flow but not overly wet. Love the colour, so magical with the shading.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review thank you. I've been looking for a bright summery blue and your review helped me decide.

“Left-handers are wired into the artistic half of the brain, which makes them imaginative, creative, surprising, ambiguous, exasperating, stubborn, emotional, witty, obsessive, infuriating, delightful, original, but never, never, dull" James T deKay and Sandy Huffaker

Great review thank you. I've been looking for a bright summery blue and your review helped me decide.

You are most welcome, and I am delighted you will get to try this, it is fabulous.

• 4 months later...

I would still love to see this side by side with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise to see how they differ. It would be good to see Diamine Mediterranean in there, too, for a 3-way comparison.

this is a wonderful ink...a personal favorite. completely different ink with each pen, as your review illustrates. happier than most blue inks.

Diamine Florida Blue is one of my all time favorite colors.

A previous poster called it a summer color and it certainly is that.

I just got a bottle of Noodlers Navajo Turquoise and have not yet had a chance to compare the too.

But it looks pretty nice.

If you are not sure which you would prefer, head over to Goulet Pens and order samples of the colors you want and compare them.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I would still love to see this side by side with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise to see how they differ. It would be good to see Diamine Mediterranean in there, too, for a 3-way comparison.

I'm sorry I don't have NNT, although I have seen written samples and there is certainly a similarity.

this is a wonderful ink...a personal favorite. completely different ink with each pen, as your review illustrates. happier than most blue inks.

I agree, and I love your use of the term 'happier' blue. It is a perfect description of this gorgeous colour.

• 11 months later...

What are your thoughts about using this (or Diamine inks in general) to address envelopes for personal correspondence?

I'm not thinking in terms of the color (I love it) but in terms of vulnerability to getting wet in the mail.

• 5 years later...

I would love to see these inks compared too

~ Diamine Florida Blue is one of the few two bottle inks on my writing desk.

It's currently in a Pelikan Special Edition Iconic Blue M120 B nib.

One of the more cheerful inks I've been using.

Tom K.

• 4 weeks later...

~ Diamine Florida Blue is one of the few two bottle inks on my writing desk.

It's currently in a Pelikan Special Edition Iconic Blue M120 B nib.

One of the more cheerful inks I've been using.

Tom K.

Tom, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Thank you for reminding me of this glorious blue. I need to ink up!

I would love to see these inks compared too

Let me see what I can do, I got some NNT!

A very refreshing ink. I got all the shades of blue currently in production by Diamine (and most of the exclusive) and this one is one of my favorites.

Javier

• 7 months later...

For the #50shadesofbluechallenge (link to the hashtag on Instagram), a challenge over at the German PenExchange forum for July & August 2020, I inked up all my pens with all the 50+ blue inks I have. The snapshots might also be of interest to some here.

fpn_1596467181__2020_07_14_50sob_diamine

Diamine Florida Blue is a mid blue leaning turquoise but still close enough to your standard royal blue to not draw too much attention towards it when you do not need it. A cheery ink yet not too exceptional. It did work for my daughter who had one specific teacher who would not let her write with the turquoise ink my daughter liked so much in fourth grade. So one pen was always filled with Florida Blue … and it went under the radar yet provided that tiny bit of extravaganza my kid wished for.

fpn_1596467243__2020_07_14_50sob_diamine

I had this ink in a wet and wide Pilot Parallel Pen with the shovel-like 6 mm-nib and really liked how fuss-free it worked.