Engeika Ebay Store

msolok

The Goulets can do special orders for you if you ask. No affiliation, etc.

Edited by Ghost Plane

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• msolok

• Ghost Plane

• de_pen_dent

• sannidh

The Goulets can do special orders for you if you ask. No affiliation, etc.

I don't believe the Goulets or any other North American dealer (except JetPens and Maido) can order products the Japanese companies do not import into the U.S.

For example, I don't believe they can order the Custom 823 in smoke black or a Custom 742/743. These are the pens that traditionally people have gone to eBay sellers for.

In addition to the eBay sellers, I recommend a number of dealers via Rakuten (ex. Buneido). These are Japanese dealers so they can get the full range of products. The only barrier is that the transaction occurs in Japanese. The prices are as good as as many eBay sellers and they are very professional.

We can take the Custom 823 mentioned above. Buniedo sells the pen at $243.78 and you can get both versions of the pen.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

msolok - Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously considering a Platinum 3776. As a result of your past experience, I know who I will not be getting it from.

Frequently the prices for Platinums and Pilots are cheaper on Taizo's website than Ebay auction prices. The website also has a few things he never offers on Ebay.

http://wancher.ocnk.biz/product-list/4

Buying a pen from most any overseas vendor has its risks... If there's a problem, and if they provide support, you still have to ship it to them for repair or replacement. Generally, it is much cheaper to ship things within your own country. e.g. if in the US, one can ship it back to the Goulet's cheaper than to Japan. Sometimes that shipping cost makes it almost not worth it for "support".

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

• 1 year later...
I have bought pens from both Taizo/Raul & Yoshiaki (Pisuke). Taizo has an Indian arm called Pensindia. You may find that pens prices in INR are inclusive of all taxes. So they would be priced significantly higher than engeika - their home website. They usually convey the best price in mail.

1) Raul had been very professional in replacing a Sailor Reglus Pen thrice!! Since the Sailor steel nibs were very scratchy, I finally opted for a broad nib - Sailor 1911 profit - 14k. But the problem is controlling the prices in India, given the recent hike in custom duty.

2) Yoshiaki (Pisuke, Guess I spelt his name correctly) is quite a laid-back fellow when it comes to replying mails and giving updates, but he does his shipping and everything quite on time. And he does frequently go on vacation ;)

And he is very pleasant to deal with. Usually his shipments are accompanied with small gifts like Japanese tea or something and a personalized letter.

I had directly settled the transaction over paypal for a custom 823, so got rid of feebay.

Japanese do value personal relationships more than business etiquette and hence there could be a cultural difference for lack of understanding what a buyer outside Japan expects. (Fast Shipping, Updates on email) So Patience :huh: is the key..

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

I have bought pens from both Taizo/Raul & Yoshiaki (Pisuke). Taizo has an Indian arm called Pensindia. You may find that pens prices in INR are inclusive of all taxes. So they would be priced significantly higher than engeika - their home website. They usually convey the best price in mail.

You are correct - I deal with Raul over email, and I get prices from him that are comparable to Engeikas: sometimes even a bit better than what is on Engeika's website. That includes shipping and customs, so i am very happy with that.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

• 2 weeks later...

de pen dent and soniknitr thanks for the inputs

i will try n contact raul the next time i want to buy a japanese pen

btw is his prices cheaper than buying directly from rakuten mkt place, pricing is japanese retail price + the EMS shipping costs generally add to 10USD (3-4 day delivery) and most of my purchases have been of pens below the 100USD mark so no customs duties. i had to pay customs duty when i bought a USD200+ pen .

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

raul is engeikas partner who sells japanese pens in india and manages the pensindia website

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

Just got my pens, inks and the hard to find Pilot Con-W converter (for vintage Pilots, not listed) from the Engeika web site. They are well packed. I find his communication prompt and succinct. No problems with the goods delivered. I'm depending on the excellent QC from Japanese manufacturers, to minimize the risk of the need to return.

• 3 months later...

If this thread is still open, I have a question about Pisuke2005. I won a bid for a pen in the morning on November 19th. I hadn't used Ebay in awhile, so the next morning, I sent them an email asking a couple of questions and making sure they received payment. This is the morning of the 21st, and I still haven't heard anything. Like I say, this is the first time I've used ebay in quite a while. Is this normal for a big seller like Pisuke2005 to not reply?

If this thread is still open, I have a question about Pisuke2005. I won a bid for a pen in the morning on November 19th. I hadn't used Ebay in awhile, so the next morning, I sent them an email asking a couple of questions and making sure they received payment. This is the morning of the 21st, and I still haven't heard anything. Like I say, this is the first time I've used ebay in quite a while. Is this normal for a big seller like Pisuke2005 to not reply?

Yes it's 'very very' normal for him. I suggest you drop an email to ebaypisuke2005[at]yahoo.co.jp quoting your ebay order ID.

Guess, he usually translated mails into Japanese, then frames a reply (takes 2-3 days, Sat-Sun closed :wacko: ). But IME, you will receive your pen before time. ( so if you have not got a reply till now, you can expect it on Monday)

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Yes it's 'very very' normal for him. I suggest you drop an email to ebaypisuke2005[at]yahoo.co.jp quoting your ebay order ID.

Guess, he usually translated mails into Japanese, then frames a reply (takes 2-3 days, Sat-Sun closed :wacko: ). But IME, you will receive your pen before time. ( so if you have not got a reply till now, you can expect it on Monday)

You're right! He emailed me last night. He was very polite. He also provided a tracking number. So, never mind!