Where Do You Keep Your Pens?

ZachWasniak

Love your box, ink compartment or no. And between you and me, this was, I think, on purpose. Now you need an additional box to hold the other ink bottles, and of course the new pens that will be on their way. In the meantime, I see some empty compartments where you might put spare nibs, feeds, and the like, and maybe spare converters, and/or ink cartridges and ink samples (tightly closed of course).

And in your place I would not mess with the trays. They are easily the most beautiful such pen trays I've seen. And since the box is in a fixed place, the pens don't move around - why would they need cushioning?

Enjoy the box..

+1

It is indeed a fabulous box. Love it. :)

Pavoni.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippery when wet

• ZachWasniak

• pavoni

• Azuniga

Really well done!! Love it!

Mark Polis, MD

"A flourishing style of chirography is nowhere less in place than on a physician's prescription."___1856, Edward Parrish, An Introduction to Practical Pharmacy

Heya!

My fountain pens are atm all on my table, so the sewing box contains only ink, syringes and cartridges.

Plus the boxes that came with the pens - oh and nibs for the dip pens.

post-104255-0-25877600-1369306880_thumb.jpgpost-104255-0-42236000-1369306888_thumb.jpg

=== Tenet insanibile multos scribendi cacoethes. Horace ===

test tube stands :thumbup:

Feels like I'm back in chemistry class !

Here's mine by bamapens

post-49366-0-40626100-1369559704_thumb.jpg

post-49366-0-00769200-1369559715_thumb.jpg

It's an old picture and I now have reached 20 pens and am looking for further storage !

Love your box, ink compartment or no. And between you and me, this was, I think, on purpose. Now you need an additional box to hold the other ink bottles, and of course the new pens that will be on their way. In the meantime, I see some empty compartments where you might put spare nibs, feeds, and the like, and maybe spare converters, and/or ink cartridges and ink samples (tightly closed of course).

And in your place I would not mess with the trays. They are easily the most beautiful such pen trays I've seen. And since the box is in a fixed place, the pens don't move around - why would they need cushioning?

Enjoy the box..

Ok, you saw right through me, mhguda! But don't tell my beautiful wife! -_- Well, I thought the cushioning will secure the pens will not get any scratches... But as yo say it, I checked and they do not show any. So maybe you are right - again! Thanks for your kind comment!

Tom

For sale: M625 red/silver, P395 gold, Delta Fellini.

My pleasure. Thanks for sharing! :)

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

For my pens, I rely on these two pen cases, from the excellent (and thoroughly professional) Geoff Morris of pencase. Whilst the photographs below probably do not show the scale, the two cases, sitting either side of my desk, are suited to my needs, other than for the fact that I probably need another case :blush: Trouble is, there is no way I can sneak in another case past my long-suffering wife :(

fpn_1369676629__dscf9482_zpsfa36ff89.jpg

fpn_1369676712__dscf9488_zpsdbe1f2e4.jpg

Pavoni :thumbup:

A simply box I made from Black bean and Tulip Oak, All things important in relation to pens end up here.post-79994-0-94741400-1369695200.jpgpost-79994-0-31573500-1369695217.jpg

For my pens, I rely on these two pen cases, from the excellent (and thoroughly professional) Geoff Morris of pencase. Whilst the photographs below probably do not show the scale, the two cases, sitting either side of my desk, are suited to my needs, other than for the fact that I probably need another case :blush: Trouble is, there is no way I can sneak in another case past my long-suffering wife :(

fpn_1369676629__dscf9482_zpsfa36ff89.jpg

fpn_1369676712__dscf9488_zpsdbe1f2e4.jpg

Pavoni :thumbup:

Is there any chance your into coffee and coffee machines

Hi Slippery,

Ha, ha, only a fellow coffee lover would recognise the brand name. Little gives me as much pleasure doing what I am currently doing.....sipping a fabulous double espresso (a superb Bolivian coffee) whilst browsing my favourite pages on the FPN before going off to work.

I have two La Pavoni Europiccola lever machines (just in case one goes down! :blush:) Pens and coffee, pens and coffee :happycloud9:

Pavoni.

Wow Slippery, fantastic machines :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: . I also notice you have a small collection of coffee cups also :thumbup: . As with my pens, I try to keep it 'vintage' with my cups.

Now, before we both get thrown out of here for hijacking the thread (despite our good taste :P ) tell us about the contents of that fabulous box you made. Looks pretty full to me!

Pavoni.

Mostly parker 51 vacumatics, parker vacumatic city lights and Onoto 5601's and a few Esterbrooks. I am currently gathering up Onoto pens as they have enormous appeal due to their filling design, writing qualities and appearances. I have (currently) about 30 pens some of which I am selling but nothing to the level of which you appear to have. They provide a great source of pleasure, both from the collecting and restoring side of things. I have been a collector of unique things for decades and no doubt you would understand these sentiments. Don't mind the odd cup of coffee either. Do I dare ask what pens you collect !!!

Wow, I love everyone's cases! The ones with the images out- or inside are really cool.

I keep mine in boring old 20-pen zipper cases, but I am planning to upgrade to the Morris cases pavoni has.

Have to say, I never get tired of these 'how do you store' threads.

thanks,

eo

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. --Albert Einstein

A simply box I made from Black bean and Tulip Oak, All things important in relation to pens end up here.attachicon.gif_DSC5848 copy.jpgattachicon.gif_DSC5846 copy.jpg

Lovely design and construction, and so different from what we usually see. The mode of opening enhances the surprise, I bet, and I like the way you've divided the box into compartments. I wish I knew how to make one of these!

Mostly parker 51 vacumatics, parker vacumatic city lights and Onoto 5601's and a few Esterbrooks. I am currently gathering up Onoto pens as they have enormous appeal due to their filling design, writing qualities and appearances. I have (currently) about 30 pens some of which I am selling but nothing to the level of which you appear to have. They provide a great source of pleasure, both from the collecting and restoring side of things. I have been a collector of unique things for decades and no doubt you would understand these sentiments. Don't mind the odd cup of coffee either. Do I dare ask what pens you collect !!!

Nice pen collection :puddle: and the fact that you restore as well must give you a far better understanding of exactly what it is you are collecting. Credit to you Slippery.

My preference is for German piston-fillers, and I have a specific period in time that I concentrate on. I am attracted to companies with real history, something that I can get my head around. I have worked for the same employer for 30 years, the parent company of which started out in 1865, whilst my direct employer started out in 1903 and as such, I can fully appreciate the meaning of a story to be told.

I cannot explain the feeling one gets from writing with a pen about which, the origin is known. I know the background to each of the pens from my main collection.

I get a daily fix from the FPN, spending most of my time in the Montblanc Forum. However, every so often I venture out into the wider forum and, much like Ever Onward above, I like to see how people use, look after, and store their pens.

Love what both you and TomJKT have as pen cases, really unique. However, it really does look as though I am going to have to contact Geoff again to buy another case. Ummm, wonder if he does them in a stealth material. ;)

Pavoni.

I have 5 of those 48-pen leather cases, plus 2 sets of 5 plastic drawers that Rubbermaid or Sterilite makes. I have ink in 4 desk drawers, except for bottle of Quink Red which is married to a pen that is in constant rotation. The pens I have inked & are using are in a coffee cup on my desk.

Vintage BPs and pencils are in cigar boxes.

Much Love--Virginia