#1 Shaporama

Shaporama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2013 - 21:58

I just came home with another Skyline (love these pens). It features a blue derby atop a black cap. The barrel color matches the blue derby. Hardware is all gold plated and the nib looks right for the pen. Does anyone know if this an original motif from the factory or someone's frankenpen? I would have posted a picture but I do not think the colors would render accurately.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide

#2 Wahlnut

Wahlnut

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:23

I just came home with another Skyline (love these pens). It features a blue derby atop a black cap. The barrel color matches the blue derby. Hardware is all gold plated and the nib looks right for the pen. Does anyone know if this an original motif from the factory or someone's frankenpen? I would have posted a picture but I do not think the colors would render accurately.

As far as I know, that combination was not produced at the factory.
Syd
Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein
Pensbury Manor
Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments
Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company
www.wahleversharp.com
New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

#3 Shaporama

Shaporama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 15:45

As far as I know, that combination was not produced at the factory.
Syd

I guess then that it could be considered a "one of a kind" pen! Thanks for the response, I kinda figured that's what you would say.

#4 jonveley

jonveley

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:48

I know I'm always tooting the pencil horn, but Skyline pencils are instructive concerning which skylines were or were not made at the factory. Pencil derbies are extremely difficult to replace, unlike the pen derbies which simply unscrew and can be readily replaced.

I know of no black skyline pencils with blue derbies.