Custom Cover For Staples Arc Notebook

imahawki

So, I like the staples arc system but I think it would be nice to have a nicer cover. I know they sell "leather" ones but I was thinking of something that covered the rings. The design I came up with would involve buying the cheaper vinyl cover version and then some company needs to make a cover that the vinyl slides into flaps on the front and back.

Does anyone make something like this?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• imahawki

• lovemy51

• macaddicted

• Gloucesterman

Thanks for the link. I was looking for something in a littler more worn finish. Maybe I'll have to try to look for custom makers.

Another alternative.

The down side is you have to buy the Staple's ARC hole punch "machine". Once you do that, you can punch the necessary holes in anything that will fit. Owning one of these machines also lets you use any paper you want. :thumbup: :thumbup:

For a full size notebook, if you wanted to get creative, you could get a nice piece of thick leather slightly larger then 8.5"x 11". If you can fit it into the "punch" you can make the holes directly in the leather. If that is not possible or preferable, select two heavy pieces of cardboard or plastic 11" long and perhaps 3"+ wide, punch them and then secure them (glue, tape, multiple methods to assure a solid attachment) and the make those your covers - front & back. Anything that appeals to you is fair game for a cover. Obviously you can also make smaller notebooks.

I used my staple's Rewards and a 15% advertised discount to buy the punch. Glad I did now. Also, Staple's has periodically had a 40% discount sale on paper and selected accessories such as the 1.5" disc package. (Don't know if the punch is ever on sale.)

Edited by brgmarketing

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Renaissance Art in Santa Fe has made two covers for me. I would definitely look there.

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson

OH, I never even noticed that they already make those Stylo! That's what I'm looking for.

BRG, I was ideally looking for something that would cover up the rings...

• 1 month later...

actually, imahawki, BRGM has a good idea. that's what i did with mine. what you see in the pix is a cover from "Think" brand i purchased at Target and used it with my Arc/Circa system -using my own paper (junior size). so having the holepunch is good investment -if you use this system a lot.

about the cover (junior or letter, or ANY size), you don't have to get something shiny like mine -you'll just have to look for a cover with a more distress/worn look, as you prefer it.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/P3120092_zpsfe9166e3.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/P3120091_zps2e320b5e.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/P3120090_zps041662ec.jpg

Edited by lovemy51

Does the extra cover not make the ARC extraordinarily heavy?

I have the a5 version and although i like it, even before i put any of my own inserts in, it seems to weigh more than any other a5 sized note book.

If you add a cover will it exacerbate the issue?

Edited to add i have the leather cover. Realised this may be the problem, and the lighter weight poly covers may mean this is not a problem after all :headsmack:

Edited by da vinci

Does the extra cover not make the ARC extraordinarily heavy?

I have the a5 version and although i like it, even before i put any of my own inserts in, it seems to weigh more than any other a5 sized note book.

If you add a cover will it exacerbate the issue?

Edited to add i have the leather cover. Realised this may be the problem, and the lighter weight poly covers may mean this is not a problem after all :headsmack:

sorry, i forgot to mention that i use the poly covers from Proclick or CombBinding systems -just puch them with the circa holepuncher.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the covers that Renaissance Arts makes for the Circa/Arc/Discbind system.

http://www.renaissance-art.com/catg142/category.aspx

I second that. I just got one and am very pleased with it. High quality leather with a perfect fit. I am already eyeing another with some custom features. Great customer service.