The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Just Purchased A Parker Victory - Now What?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhaynes74

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:08

Hi folks, I have had the fountain pen bug for a couple of years now. Have a TWSBI demo (medium nib) which I really like. Decided to take a plunge on a vintage pen and came across this
broad nib Parker Victory Ebay Link, placed a bid and won it.

What exactly do I have here - can anyone identify the exact victory model ? Is there a good website which describes filling this pen ? Any idea as to what I can expect ?

R Haynes

Sponsored Content

#2 Cognaticrotty

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:10

Pictures will best help identify the pen, and also check the Parker section of the forum for a TON of useful intel
Signature left blank per new rules...

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,771 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:19

Looks like a Parker Victory Mark IV from 1952 with a button fill mechanism. More info on this site: http://goodwriterspe...parker-victory/

Hope this helps!

PAKMAN formerly pakmanpony

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 dcpritch

Uff da

• FPN Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:23

ParkerPens.net is a fantastic source of information on this pen, here. Another site I found is a blog site, here. Depending on which model it is, you got a pretty darn good deal on that pen. I picked up a Mk I model last year, off the FPN Classifieds, and the material used for the pen is astonishingly beautiful. Mine doesn't have a stub nib, though - nice nib on yours!!!

Posted Image

ETA: looks like Perry beat me to it by linking to the Goodwriterspens blog site.

Edited by dcpritch, 22 January 2013 - 23:25.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Sponsored Content