#31 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:35

Maybe it's just another example of 'no response'.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"
LetterExchange_sm.png

#32 searcher18

searcher18

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:46

I did just buy two new Conway Stewart FPs and loved their writing ability. I also appreciate the good service that Mary has given me. Would it hurt their image if they manufacture some flashier pens?

#33 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:57

I think the point being made by some of us is that it is "all style and no substance" ie massive amounts of flash packaging but NO Customer Service!!
I don't have time to find their phone number and call them, I expect them to Answer Their Emails!!

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#34 searcher18

searcher18

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 15:24

Service is a promise made to Conway Stewart users and must be honored, but innovation in pen design leads to more pens sold and without cash flow a corporation can not fund top flight customer service. I look at the criticism over service as important feedback to help the company survive. There are so few pen manufacturers that we must help the ones still functioning. Does anyone have an idea of the percentage of new Conway Stewart pens sold in the USA?

#35 MikeW

MikeW

Been here a long time!

• Member - Gold

• 1,224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:50

Like many of the others that have posted here, I have experienced problems with my pens and perhaps the most infuriating iisue of all, the lack of any acknowledgement let alone a response to my numerous emails - and I mean numerous. I was shocked to hear of the suggestion to call Mary, having been told by her to specifically use email. Like many of you that have posted comments, I am not exactly a casual user of CS pens, having15+ modern and three times that many vintage CS pens. And continue to buy them. I am not b*****ing for the sake of b****ing but hoping for some changes because I love their pens (at least those that I can afford).

Like many of you, I am sure, I would really like to hear from Mary about the issues she raised with CS on her visit and the plans, if any, that will be put in place to address them.

Respectfully,
MikeW

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

#36 Rufus

Rufus

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:30

Surely dearest Mary must have some feedback for us since it's been over a month since she asked for our input. Or is this another case of form over substance? To quote Macbeth, "Full of sound and fury signifying nothing."
Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

#37 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 1,090 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:42

Not a peep!!

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#38 Rufus

Rufus

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,657 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:51

Hello,
I am visiiting the CS factory through to Friday.
During my visit we have several meetings planned. If you would like for me to bring your comments to the meeting table, please send your comments/feedback to my email address: maryburke@conwaystewart.co.uk and mention 'UK Meeting' in the subject line of the email.
With kind regards,
Mary Burke

I sent a message asking what might be the ballpark figure for a Bespoke Dinkie - no reply.
I'm not a tyre kicker, I have a CS Prof Dr and a Belliver.
No reply is discourteous.

That's just plain ignorance, methinks.
Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

#39 parilla

parilla

parilla

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2013 - 13:41

Still nothing!

#40 warblerick

warblerick

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2013 - 16:32

Still nothing!

You are really better off texting to her phone or calling her directly. Her response time to emails is appalling. As is response time for emails directly from CS, in my experience. Or try writing her on Facebook.

#41 Rufus

Rufus

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,657 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2013 - 16:33

Indeed, the silence is deafening.
Bryan

#42 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• 1,128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:58

I am back!

Please accept my sincere apologies for my absence since my return from the UK. I have again been suffering from a very nasty chest infection, and many people were very kind to me at the LA show in making sure that I had plenty of water.

I know that I do not have to go into detail, but feel that I need to do so that people in this forum do not think it is just an excuse. I have been repeatedly prescribed several steroids to kick the infection (prednisone, inhalers, etc.,) and although I am feeling a lot better, I am still not 100%. A few people at the show suggested that I should also use the Himalayan crystal salt inhaler. If anybody reading this message has experience with this natural alternative to steroids please let me know :)

It has been a while since I have logged into this forum and I will be working today on responding to all the private messages sent to me.

Thank you again for your patience and support.

Warmest regards,

Mary Burke
Email: maryburke@conwaystewart.co.uk

#43 Rufus

Rufus

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,657 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2013 - 14:49

What was the outcome of the meetings in Plymouth for which you solicited our input?
Bryan

#44 searcher18

searcher18

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05

I am back!

Please accept my sincere apologies for my absence since my return from the UK. I have again been suffering from a very nasty chest infection, and many people were very kind to me at the LA show in making sure that I had plenty of water.

I know that I do not have to go into detail, but feel that I need to do so that people in this forum do not think it is just an excuse. I have been repeatedly prescribed several steroids to kick the infection (prednisone, inhalers, etc.,) and although I am feeling a lot better, I am still not 100%. A few people at the show suggested that I should also use the Himalayan crystal salt inhaler. If anybody reading this message has experience with this natural alternative to steroids please let me know :)

It has been a while since I have logged into this forum and I will be working today on responding to all the private messages sent to me.

Thank you again for your patience and support.

Warmest regards,

Mary Burke

Mary, please listen to physicians when you want medical advice. Peer reviewed Medical journals trump
Urban myth when it comes to determining health care plans of action.

#45 Christi0469

Christi0469

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2013 - 13:43

I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly Mary. It takes a long time to recover from an infection like that. I had pneumonia last year and it took months for me to get fully on my feet. I recommend getting a salt lamp- it might not do anything for you medically but its beauty will lift your spirits.

(edited for extraneous apostrophes)

Edited by Christi0469, 03 April 2013 - 13:45.