#1 redbike

redbike

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 16:29

I have a Symphony, second generation, with a firm nib. I'd like to get a more flexible nib. There's dozens of Skylines on eBay but very few Symphony's. Will a Skyline nib fit my Symphony? I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by redbike, 18 January 2013 - 16:30.

#2 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 16:31

It really depends on the model. We found 3 different sizes of nibs and feeds in our NOS Symphonies. The 713 and 913 took a small nib and feed, the 701 slightly larger, and the 917 larger still! I think the 917 size was close to the Skyline nib size, but Skyline nibs also vary.
Teri

Teri Morris

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Sign-up for our newsletter. We only send it out a few times a year, and there's usually a coupon that you can use to save a few dollars on your next order.

Visit our blog .... we try to provide interesting info for the collector and pen user.

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#3 redbike

redbike

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:09

It really depends on the model. We found 3 different sizes of nibs and feeds in our NOS Symphonies. The 713 and 913 took a small nib and feed, the 701 slightly larger, and the 917 larger still! I think the 917 size was close to the Skyline nib size, but Skyline nibs also vary.
Teri

Teri,

Thanks for the response. I e-mailed you at Peyton Street Pens to ask whether you had extra nibs for these pens. My Symphony is a model 703 according to Richard Binder's reference page. I don't know how its nib size and feed compare to other Symphony's. Hearing that there are 3 different sizes certainly complicates my search.

jim

#4 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• 1,199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:28

You probably need the middle sized nib, that's what fits the 701s. We don't have any spares .... All are headed for our Ranga 4cs model pens.
Teri

Teri Morris

Sign-up for our newsletter. We only send it out a few times a year, and there's usually a coupon that you can use to save a few dollars on your next order.

Visit our blog .... we try to provide interesting info for the collector and pen user.

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#5 terim

terim

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• 1,199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 14:13

We do now have a few extra nibs for the Eversharp Symphony 701. Just manifold fine, though, no flex. Send me a PM if you are still needing one.
Teri

Teri Morris