#31 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 18:16

Its a work horse Francis - no doubt about that! Both the demo Streamline, and the Black Streamline are exceptional in their design and function. Just a point about nibs. Remember everyone we write with the tip of the pen which is iridium. Iridium is on gold and steel nibs. Performance wise it's tough to tell the difference between Gold and Steel. Gold is a little softer - that's about it. Edison pens are exceptional builds as well; and they come standard with the #6 and #5 steel nibs. Don't be afraid of the steel nib if you like this pen.

I fully agree Bill, !
My preferred nibs are in fact the steel ones, ground to a stub or obliquePosted Image
Francis

#32 chad.trent

chad.trent

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 18:38

Make this pen.

Please.

I mean it.
Looking For - Esterbrook Transitionals in Red or Black | Esterbrook Dollar Pens in Green or Black | Lamy Safaris or AlStars in rare colors

#33 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• 2,707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2013 - 20:57

Make this pen.

Please.

I mean it.

Thanks Chad !
The "streamline" demonstrators will surely be made, question is if we should go for the pen as shown on the pictures, or for a "sleek streamline" demonstrator version.
This "sleek" version is shown in my post "red/black HR sleek demonstrator bulkfiller posted today;
So what do you think, "streamline" or "sleek streamline " demonstrator?
Francis

#34 bostonfin

bostonfin

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2013 - 14:17

Either would be fine by me

#35 elesquire

elesquire

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:51

I'd prefer the "streamline" over the "sleek streamline." The "sleek streamline" appears to have a step in the barrel in order to allow the cap to be flush with the barrel. On this particular pen's overall profile I think I'd prefer a larger cap with no step over a flush cap with a step in the barrel.

May I ask how the cap's dimensions on the sleek streamline would affect how deeply and securely it can post? I'm assuming it can post since the sleek streamline's pictures show rubber o-rings on the end of the barrel.

#36 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• 2,707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 14:48

I'd prefer the "streamline" over the "sleek streamline." The "sleek streamline" appears to have a step in the barrel in order to allow the cap to be flush with the barrel. On this particular pen's overall profile I think I'd prefer a larger cap with no step over a flush cap with a step in the barrel.

May I ask how the cap's dimensions on the sleek streamline would affect how deeply and securely it can post? I'm assuming it can post since the sleek streamline's pictures show rubber o-rings on the end of the barrel.

Hi elesquire,
The cap on the sleek streamline posts just as deep as on the streamline : 36mm deep over the barrel
The posted length is 160mm, capped length 135mm
The diameter step on the sleek version is 38mm from the section front edge on the barrel being 61 mm away from the nib point.
This surely not results in any ergonomic drawback.
Francis

#37 elesquire

elesquire

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 19:21

Oh I just prefer having no step in the barrel for aesthetic reasons. I own a black flat top Conid Bulkfiller and it's been fantastic enough to have earned a permanent place in my daily carry. I'll definitely be looking forward to either streamline version being released.

#38 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• 2,707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 19:18

I was thinking there wouldn't be more demonstrators ? Well it's a good idea, though, as this mechanisms deserves to be exposed, in my opinion.

There will be no more numbered Flat top FPR demonstrators, but the new numbered FPR demonstrators will be streamline" or "sleek streamline"
CONID still has to decide which version it will be, so your suggestions are still most welcome !
Francis

#39 bostonfin

bostonfin

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 20:51

I would prefer streamline, but I'm buying either way

#40 Jebus

Jebus

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 18:19

Last week I have signed in for one of these masterpieces... Looking forward to it like a child.
There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

#41 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 20:39

Last week I have signed in for one of these masterpieces... Looking forward to it like a child.

Jesus you'll love it. You know that one pen that will always call back for more use ? This ones that pen. Saving for my second. Very tough to compare this pen to another from a workmanship standpoint.

I did a lot of research before buying this pen. In regard to the price point .. If you compare the price with a Pel 800 or a custom made Edison .. It's still in the ballpark.

#42 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:40

Jesus you'll love it. You know that one pen that will always call back for more use ? This ones that pen. Saving for my second. Very tough to compare this pen to another from a workmanship standpoint.
I did a lot of research before buying this pen. In regard to the price point .. If you compare the price with a Pel 800 or a custom made Edison .. It's still in the ballpark.

I'm sorry. I can't edit the post but the above was in reply to Jebus, not Jesus. How embarrassing.

#43 Jebus

Jebus

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 20:57

I'm sorry. I can't edit the post but the above was in reply to Jebus, not Jesus. How embarrassing.

No problem Bill. Easy to make such a mistake. My autocorrect function is often messing up the English in a terrible way.

I am looking forward to this pen. Missed the flat top demonstrator because of other financial priorities but I that will not happen again!

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.