Update Wahl-Eversharp Pens Live!

Wahlnut

Here are a couple more "teasers of the "new/renewed/carry forward of the line.

The All Metal "Golden Award" our top of the line model:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/wahlnut/HAWARD_ROSE_zpscb5e8d9d.jpg

It is also available in Paladium and gold finish in both Fountain pen with 18 Kt nib or Roller Ball.

And while we don't do limited editions, we do do Tribute pens. Here's the Fire Fighter Tribute pen: This photo was taken before the fire-rescue logo was applied to the cap, but it may give you some idea of what's coming. It comes in a box that looks a lot like the fire alarm boxes of old.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/wahlnut/POMPIER_4_zpsb8f3bb04.jpg

See you in LA where the whole line should be ready to go.

Edited by Wahlnut

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wahlnut

• raging.dragon

• Drone

• Harlequin

Very nice. Many are looking forward to the opening of your company and its lines; from vintage WE enthusiasts, to those interested in some variety to the modern market, and others looking to see if another effort will continue to promote and increase the fountain pen world.

I very much wanted to get in on the few prototypes Manu offered last year, but traveling and the demand took them fast.

Hoping you will ensure availability to the market and consider sensible design and honest pricing.

Best of luck!

M.

Very nice. Many are looking forward to the opening of your company and its lines; from vintage WE enthusiasts, to those interested in some variety to the modern market, and others looking to see if another effort will continue to promote and increase the fountain pen world.

I very much wanted to get in on the few prototypes Manu offered last year, but traveling and the demand took them fast.

Hoping you will ensure availability to the market and consider sensible design and honest pricing.

Best of luck!

M.

THANKS! Much Appreciated. Noticed your avatar. Might interest you that in the '30s Wahl-Eversharp Doric pens were given to some passengers who flew on the China Clipper. Such pens are engraved on the side "CLIPPER CLUB". I believe they were awarded to 1930s passengers who made more than "X" clipper flights. I have one such in my collection.

Syd

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

Incredible info Syd, I very much appreciate the history! If you ever have the time I would be greatly interested in seeing a photo of your example if possible.

I collect small Clipper items on occasion - a couple of postmarked letters with envelopes, a ticket or two, and a few postcards; I also have two Dorics myself, but neither are so unique!

Respectfully, M.

Incredible info Syd, I very much appreciate the history! If you ever have the time I would be greatly interested in seeing a photo of your example if possible.

I collect small Clipper items on occasion - a couple of postmarked letters with envelopes, a ticket or two, and a few postcards; I also have two Dorics myself, but neither are so unique!

Respectfully, M.

This is one. Its engraved "Clippers Club 1941"http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/wahlnut/ScreenShot2013-01-13at103742PM_zps68368b97.png

Curious that it is a pen made in 1931-34 and yet used in 1941. It is possible that they bought a bunch years before and continued to use them as the years went on I suppose...or that the pens were available as a special old stock item at an advantageous price. Who knows.

Syd

Edited by Wahlnut

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

When will you have a new website up with prices?

Yep. Been spending weeks developing the website. It should be up and running by Feb 1. Since 95% of sales are intended to happen on the internet, the Website will be THE place to shop for these pens. Everything will be fully pictured, described, priced, etc. There are pages for warranty and service processes etc. As the manufacturer of these pens we can service and support what we sell. You can count on me sending out adequate notice when the website opens up. When up the site will be at

www.wahl-eversharp.com

Syd

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

Are there any plans currently for some of the EquiPoise versions to also see reincarnation? I know you said that the Dorics are probably still at least a year off, so I was just wondering.

Syd, can't wait to see it. Best of luck.

I'd strongly suggest having a landing page that actually displays something ... even if it's just "under construction".

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Hi Syd,

When I saw this picture of the "Golden Award" my first impression was, "that's not a Skyline, something's missing".

Indeed, looking-up photos of the original "Skyline Command Performance" (all gold Skyline), which carries what I consider to be the classic lines imbued by Skyline designer Henry Dreyfuss; the new "Golden Award" pen does not seem to have the stream-lined taper to both barrel-ends like the original. At least the picture you posted doesn't show much taper.

Have a look at the picture of the "Command Performance" pen near the bottom of Richard Binder's "Profile: The Eversharp Skyline" page.

http://www.richardspens.com/images/coll/command_performance_capped.jpg

Indeed look at all the pictures of the Skyline pens on Richard's page, all the barrel-ends taper strongly.

Without the strongly tapered barrel of the original Skyline, a new Skyline just wouldn't look right in my opinion. Am I missing something here?

Best Regards, David

Taper: The perils of Photoshop and other images editors, Im afraid. The plastics are made in a dead on specs accurate mold as original, so their taper is as one would expect. The metals are done differently, but their taper is pretty faithful too. The image of the metal pen posted here has highlights around the perimeter that change the outside edge appearance to my eye too. I think traditionalists will be pleasantly rewarded when they see the actual pens in hand.

Generally, though, while we want to keep the traditional lines, we intend as originally stated somewhere in all these posts, to evolve the pens into variations on the theme faithful to the original concepts, and so we will carry on what in our (admittedly self appointed view)a would have been the natural progression of an original design as it morphs into newer versions over the years for any pen line. That's part of the fun of being able to create rather than copy. And we will see some of that as we progress into the future. Yes there will be faithful-to-the-original design pens in Doric and Gold Seals to come, but don't be shocked if we take some liberties with moving those designs "forward" (in our own view) into a more modern variation as well from time to time.

Syd

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

It is also available in Paladium and gold finish in both Fountain pen with 18 Kt nib or Roller Ball.

And while we don't do limited editions, we do do Tribute pens. Here's the Fire Fighter Tribute pen: This photo was taken before the fire-rescue logo was applied to the cap, but it may give you some idea of what's coming. It comes in a box that looks a lot like the fire alarm boxes of old.

I rather like the red one, but I'd prefer leaving it un-adorned without the fireman's motif, as that is too limiting. While I certainly respect the firefighter function, I don't need a pen to commemorate their existence. I would however buy this pen with the red, black and silver color scheme as one of your models. Why make it is so uber-specific to the fire industry? Just one man's opinion.

This re-launch is a good development for the hobby in general, I feel. Let's hope that W-E produces a pen of value and prices it accordingly and so that it becomes an attractive buy for pen users, as opposed to an object for pen collectors.

Like many others on this Network, I have a range of pens, from vintage to modern, and from inexpensive to expensive and in some stupid cases, overpriced. When I look to add a pen to my arsenal, I am guided by "value." I want to get quality for the given price point, and at times will pay up to get quality over something that I don't trust or that seems cheap or pedestrian. Once a pen passes that value test, it has to speak to me aesthetically. Then, but of equal importance, it must have solid mechanics, a smooth nib and perfect flow. I'm sure I'm not alone in my list of attributes. If all of those stars align, I'll buy the pen. As a result, I own everything from TWSBIs to Montblancs and Viscontis and everything in between. I did not buy a new MB 149 because I found it to be overpriced and felt like I was paying for the brand image rather than the pen; however, I gladly bought an excellent condition used one and very much enjoy it. Again, it's all about value. I don't know where the pricing will ultimately come out with the rebooted W-E line, but I would think that something in the $100 - $300 range (certainly not higher than the pricing of Edison and Bexley pens) would be about right.

I'd like to see the re-boot feature a range of filling systems, including not just the blah cartridge/converter, but also, minimally, a piston-filler, and possibly a bulb filler, vac filler, plunger filler, lever filler and/or pneumatic filler, to give the pens some pizzaz. Nothing irks me more than seeing overpriced pens that lean on brand image and yet utilize the pedestrain C/C filling system. The C/C system has its place and is user friendly, but don't charge a premium for it; have that be at the economy end of the scale.

Lastly, for what it's worth, count me among the folks who could care less about the box; while I actually do keep my pen boxes, I would rather save $10.00 on the price of the pen and receive it in a basic box, then be over-charged for a box that might look pretty but does not add to the writing experience.

The return of W-E would be great, indeed. I own a vintage Skyline, in blue, with gold trim, and a stunning vintage flat top gold seal FP/Pencil set, in black and white, and both are great. I really hope they bring back the larger scale sized Dorics for those of us who are not so into dainty pens.

I am looking forward to the relaunch.

Are these going to be available at any "brick and mortar" stores?

As of now it is going to be web and pen show only. A multi-layer dealer network is not currently a part of the marketing scheme. The decision to keep it that way at the outset is our way of keeping the cost to the end user down. I won't go into the traditional 4 step mark-up scheme that usually applies to the bricks and mortar sales approach at this point, but we have received requests to sell to and through dealers, and we are keeping track of who might be interested. But for now its staying simple (for me at least) and hopefully a better deal for the end user too.

Syd

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

I rather like the red one, but I'd prefer leaving it un-adorned without the fireman's motif, as that is too limiting. While I certainly respect the firefighter function, I don't need a pen to commemorate their existence. I would however buy this pen with the red, black and silver color scheme as one of your models. Why make it is so uber-specific to the fire industry? Just one man's opinion.

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

It will be available in this color combination with or without the emblem. The Tribute pen will have the emblem. There's a "Doctor" pen coming too. Appealing to affinity groups and support groups is nothing new and our Tribute series will run through a lot of professions and causes over the coming years, all of which deserve a tip of the hat. My son is a doctor and had I been able to buy a pen dedicated to the healing arts at the time of his graduation from Medical School, I would have jumped on the opportunity...its that sort of thing...Many folks have as many reasons for acquiring this pen or that pen and we being a small and adroit company can produce whatever we wish far faster and at far lower cost and at more rapid intervals than some of the pen manufacturer behemoths. In nautical metaphor, if they may be the Queen Mary, then we are the Donzi.

Brother! Am I rambling on or what!?

Pensbury Manor

Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

Hey Wahl? I don't know if you saw my post above (from like week and a half ago), but I'll repost the question just in case you did miss it...

Are there any plans for some of the EquiPoise versions (specifically v4, if I'm reading your Pensbury Manor page correctly) to also see reincarnation? I would imagine if so, it would be after the Dorics, which I recall you mentioning would still be at least a year off. Just wondering. ^_^