Southwest Pen Show, Bristol Uk, Who's Coming?

ianpw

Count me and my daughters in again, we loved it last year!

We are looking forward to it already.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpw

• Inkwellpens

• rogerb

• david6

Top Posters In This Topic

Have all of the dates been set for the 2014 Pen Shows? The show in Bristol is a bit of a long way off so maybe the Cambridge show or even the one in Lichfield would be better to go to.

The dates I have seen for these two shows are: Eastern Show -Sunday 9th March, Midland Show - Sunday 22nd June.

Hope that helps

Pen show virgin here, but this pen show is quite close to me and it looks very interesting! Does anyone have any more info or photos from the 2013 show?

Thanks

Lee

Pen show virgin here, but this pen show is quite close to me and it looks very interesting! Does anyone have any more info or photos from the 2013 show?

Thanks

Lee

Lee,

You can find info and photos of most of our shows here www.ukpenshows.co.uk The dates for 2014 are still being finalised and have not yet been posted to the website yet. However these are the dates of the shows that we have finalised:

South West Pen Show (Bristol Hilton) - Sunday 2nd. February 2014

Eastern Pen Show (Doubletree Cambridge) - Sunday 9th. March 2014

Northern Pen Show (Queen Hotel, CHESTER) -Sunday 13th. April 2014

Midland Pen Show (Guldhall Lichfield) - Sunday 22nd. June 2014

Sheffield Pen Show - TBA

North East Pen Show - TBA

Being a newbie to pen shows the first two shows will be ideal for you (still more pens than a normal brain can cope with!) as they are less crowded and provide you with plenty of opportunity to chat with the dealers.

Hope to see you at some of them.

Ian

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

Thank you for the information Ian, very helpful.

If my work schedule does not conflict I'll certainly be at the Bristol Pen show!

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward fro Bristol, loved it last year. Hope to get to know a few more people this year.

May I ask if Oxonian (i.e. John Sorowka?) usually comes to the SouthWest Pen Show? I am in need of some nib grinding and it would be lovely to combine my first visit to a pen show with some nice nibs!

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

May I ask if Oxonian (i.e. John Sorowka?) usually comes to the SouthWest Pen Show? I am in need of some nib grinding and it would be lovely to combine my first visit to a pen show with some nice nibs!

Oxonian will be with us at the South West show. :yikes:

Ian

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

It seems like such a big gap between the Sheffield show and the Bristol (the first of the year) that I am really hoping I can attend. Hope to see you all there ;)

Pavoni.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm going! I've already booked in a nib grind with John Sorowka and am enjoying having a think about which pen(s) I might look for.

Hope there will be a Sheffield pen show home city means more money for pens

Hi littlepen there will be a Sheffield show this year. We've changed the name to the Yorkshire Pen Show and changed the venue to the Copthorne Hotel by the footy ground. The date is 23rd. November. Hope to meet you there.

Ian

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

This time next week I'll be heading home to the Midlands after another, what I hope will have been another enjoyable and successful South West Pen Show. I only hope that the usual suspects (you know who you are!) allowed me to remain relatively sober on the Saturday night. BTW if anyone fancies joining us we'll be at the Aztec just across the island from the Hilton theres about 12 of us at the moment so if you want to join us for dinner please let me know prior to the event (you can message me from here) if you just want to join us for a drink then just show up. I'll be on my own this year as my very able assistant is otherwise engaged!

Make sure that you pick up your FPN stickers at the entrance and wear them with pride!! And make sure that you come and say hello to me.

Hope to see you all next Sunday at the South West its our largest South West to date, more dealers and more pens and other goodies.

Ian

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

Good to hear from you ian,

I'm very much looking forward to this year's show, I will be bringing my daughter and her friend whom she has converted to the love of pens.

Wish I could join you all Saturday evening but will be travelling down Sunday morning. I hope you all have a good evening and I look forward to meeting fellow fpn members there.

Ruth

Good to hear from you ian,

I'm very much looking forward to this year's show, I will be bringing my daughter and her friend whom she has converted to the love of pens.

Wish I could join you all Saturday evening but will be travelling down Sunday morning. I hope you all have a good evening and I look forward to meeting fellow fpn members there.

Ruth

Ruth,

Pop by and say hello, I've got a couple of freebie pens for the girls might be able to find some odd coloured ink to go with them as well.

Ian

For once I'm actually just about ready for the show can't believe it! I even had my stock of the latest pen repair book delivered today (many thanks Dr. Jim). So just half an hour in the morning to load the car and I'll be winging my way down the M5 to Bristol.

See you all there on Sunday, unless you are going to join us on Saturday night at the Aztec.

Ian