Help Me Find Out Chinese Fountain Pen Stores Please!

Abhyudaya

@iamchum and @51ISH..... I have bought some Chinese pens from a wall shop. But I don't know whether the two Wing Sung pens that I have bought are genuine or not! :unsure: The worst thing is that, they don't provide the pen box along with the pens. :(

Those pens only come in bulk packaging - no boxes for individual pens. I've bought a few Hero pens from the neighborhood shops, not had any problem at all.

In Kolkata, try Pen Mart, near St. John's Church (near the Calcutta High Court). I've found good stuff there.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abhyudaya

• 51ISH

• soum

• bigyan

@iamchum and @51ISH..... I have bought some Chinese pens from a wall shop. But I don't know whether the two Wing Sung pens that I have bought are genuine or not! :unsure: The worst thing is that, they don't provide the pen box along with the pens. :(

Those pens only come in bulk packaging - no boxes for individual pens. I've bought a few Hero pens from the neighborhood shops, not had any problem at all.

In Kolkata, try Pen Mart, near St. John's Church (near the Calcutta High Court). I've found good stuff there.

Thank you very much for the information my dear friend! :)

I was telling about the box because one of my friends have bought a Hero Pen recently along with the box which was not at all costly! :)

Where is the Pen Mart actually located?! St. John's Church is located in Dalhousie Square (B.B.D. Bag) right? Can you give me the actual location?

Are you a Bengali? :)

Edited by Abhyudaya

I was telling about the box because one of my friends have bought a Hero Pen recently along with the box which was not at all costly! :)

Where is the Pen Mart actually located?! St. John's Church is located in Dalhousie Square (B.B.D. Bag) right? Can you give me the actual location?

Yes, at BBD Bagh. There also is a Pen Hospital somewhere near Esplanade. I had got an old Sheaffer repaired from there once. They sell pens too. And yes, I'm Bengali. :)

I agree, I too have seen Hero pens that come in individual boxes. However, from what I've seen those are very basic, rudimentary boxes and aren't anything meaningful, IMHO. Don't worry about having/not having them.

I am not Bengali, but, I can speak Bangla. You know it is very similar to Assamese, plus, I knew plenty of Bengali people in Assam.

Accha, bhalo thakun. Pore dekha hobe!!!!!:)

Yes, at BBD Bagh. There also is a Pen Hospital somewhere near Esplanade. I had got an old Sheaffer repaired from there once. They sell pens too. And yes, I'm Bengali. :)

Thanks for the information friend! :) But can you give me the precise location of the shops? Does Pen Hospital still exists today? I haven't seen the store but I have surely heard of it before! :) And its nice to hear from you that you are a Bengali! :)

I agree, I too have seen Hero pens that come in individual boxes. However, from what I've seen those are very basic, rudimentary boxes and aren't anything meaningful, IMHO. Don't worry about having/not having them.

Ya that's true! But do you know how to identify whether a Hero or a Wing Sung pen is a genuine or a fake? Having a pen box doesn't prove genuineness, I know! One can put a fake pen inside a genuine or a fake box and sell them in the market! But how to identify them? :)

Ya that's true! But do you know how to identify whether a Hero or a Wing Sung pen is a genuine or a fake? Having a pen box doesn't prove genuineness, I know! One can put a fake pen inside a genuine or a fake box and sell them in the market! But how to identify them? :)

Make sure it comes in a 'very genuine box' :P Sorry, I couldn't resist...I made a very bad joke :doh:

Seriously, my friend, I think this depends on each individual pen.....for example a Hero 616 has a very specific type cap

The best thing you can do is buy your pens from a reputable supplier...which brings us back to your original question...and my early post(s) :roflmho: :roflmho: Another bad joke my friend :embarrassed_smile:

I am not Bengali, but, I can speak Bangla. You know it is very similar to Assamese, plus, I knew plenty of Bengali people in Assam.

Ya I know that Bengali is similar to Assamese!

Apnio bhalo thakun. Abar pore dekha hobe! :)

Ya I know that Bengali is similar to Assamese!

Apnio bhalo thakun. Abar pore dekha hobe! :)

Make sure it comes in a 'very genuine box' :P Sorry, I couldn't resist...I made a very bad joke :doh:

Seriously, my friend, I think this depends on each individual pen.....for example a Hero 616 has a very specific type cap

The best thing you can do is buy your pens from a reputable supplier...which brings us back to your original question...and my early post(s) :roflmho: :roflmho: Another bad joke my friend :embarrassed_smile:

Its ok my friend! :) That was my fault! I got too excited by seeing my friend with a cheap Hero pen with is box! Ha Ha!!!!! :rolleyes: :doh:

+1 On this supplier.....I have used him and found him to be very good too :thumbup:

Thank you for giving the review about the seller friend!!!!!! :thumbup:

What about customs duty?

Thanks for the information friend! :) But can you give me the precise location of the shops? Does Pen Hospital still exists today? I haven't seen the store but I have surely heard of it before! :) And its nice to hear from you that you are a Bengali! :)

Try this phone number for Pen Service Hospital: 033-22288374

There are very reliable pen stores on College Street too.

I only know the approximate location, I can track it when I'm there. Very difficult to verbally guide you to Pen Mart. Perhaps we should go pen hunting when I'm in Kolkata next. thumbup.gif

+1 On this supplier.....I have used him and found him to be very good too :thumbup:

What about customs duty?

I do not know how to find that out. Even if they got you for 80-90% of the price, he has some nice pens for $6.50 USD with free shipping.

I just ordered this one, I made him an offer and he took it.

My Wing Sung 237 green celluloid

Do not let old pens lay around in a drawer, get them working and give them to a new fountain pen user.

Try this phone number for Pen Service Hospital: 033-22288374

There are very reliable pen stores on College Street too.

I only know the approximate location, I can track it when I'm there. Very difficult to verbally guide you to Pen Mart. Perhaps we should go pen hunting when I'm in Kolkata next. thumbup.gif

Thank you for giving me the information my friend! :thumbup:

Then also, please can you actually tell me where these stores are? :)

Where do you stay? :)

I do not know how to find that out. Even if they got you for 80-90% of the price, he has some nice pens for $6.50 USD with free shipping.

I just ordered this one, I made him an offer and he took it.

My Wing Sung 237 green celluloid

Great! :thumbup:

After you receive the package, don't forget to upload and post the photos in this topic's reply thread. Ok? :)

What about customs duty?

I have never paid a penny in customs duty for pens from China to the UK....but they have all been low value pens... $10 or less...of course this may be different in India... :unsure: