Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:41

Harlequin wins!

Harlequin has already a pen from Niklas coming to him... Why don't give someone else a chance to try and review these beautiful pens.

Unless.. of course, that has change... if that is the case, I apologize for my comment.

C.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#422 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 14:09

Surprisingly, Harlequin was the only one to respond.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#423 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 1,053 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 14:25

Surprisingly, Harlequin was the only one to respond.

But of course... most people here have a pen coming anyway (me included).

You should have put it up on the PIF thread. I'll bet you $50 it goes in 5 minutes. :lol:

I am sure Harlequin will understand. We are a sharing community.

C.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#424 Lloyd

Lloyd

• Member - Gold

• 5,503 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 15:10

Plenty of members in the PIF thread aren't lacking for pens. As it turns out, Harlequin PMed me and explained his reason for this pen and I support it. It's not for him but someone else....:happyberet:
Oscar Wilde

#425 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 1,053 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 15:15

Then everything is good.

[edit]
BTW: Your comment about the people in the PIF thread is a little misguided. Yes I am sure there are some that have more than enough (whatever that means to each is different) pens. But some of us.. strive to provide fountain pens to beginners, especially the ones with minimal income (students for example). We also try (our best) to give everyone a chance... so you don't get people winning every PIF and some winning nothing.

(getting off from soapbox)

Edited by Cyber6, 29 March 2013 - 15:23.

#426 Lloyd

Lloyd

• Member - Gold

• 5,503 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 15:49

I haven't time to filter out the needy from the greedy. I let people's conscience be their guide.
Oscar Wilde

#427 K. Cakes

K. Cakes

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:50

[edit]
BTW: Your comment about the people in the PIF thread is a little misguided. Yes I am sure there are some that have more than enough (whatever that means to each is different) pens. But some of us.. strive to provide fountain pens to beginners, especially the ones with minimal income (students for example). We also try (our best) to give everyone a chance... so you don't get people winning every PIF and some winning nothing.

(getting off from soapbox)

:thumbup:
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

#428 ShallowJam

ShallowJam

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:39

Any further update on the pens? I am anxiously waiting!

VINTAGE PENS FOR SALE! Various brands all restored and ready to go! Check out the pics and let me know if you have any questions.

#429 Nordic Pen Imports

Nordic Pen Imports

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:51

Any further update on the pens? I am anxiously waiting!

Hello

Yes, the pens are on the way to me right now, hopefully if everything goes as planned will be able to ship within two weeks.

The pens are posted on the webshop and if you aren't one of the testers you are welcome to Place an order for your favourite pen.
The second shipment from the supplier contains only a small number of pens in each color so hurry up if you want to make sure you will get one.
www.stylos.se is the place to visit if you want one of the pens.

Kind regards
Niklas

#430 apkayle

apkayle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:06

Hi all

Pretty soon I will release a new line of pens and I need help with two things.

1. Testing, do you want to help me test the pen? Write with it for a few days, let me know how it feels, if I need to change anything. As a thank you you get to keep the pen.
2. Naming, There will be 13 different colours in the line and I need help naming them. If the name you propose gets elected you will win a pen in that color.
More about this later.....

Now I need some info on what nibs you usually use? Steel nibs? Gold nibs? Size? Price range?

So come on, let me know what you want!?

Kind regards
Niklas

I'm new to pens. So far I've used stainless steel nibs and pens within the $1 to $30 price range. Factoring what seems to be the market price of one of my pens, my range is more like $1 to $45.

I'm a huge fan of fiction and economics, so whatever color I receive will probably get some kind of cheesy name.

Please consider me if you're looking to test pens from a novice's point of view! :x

#431 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:23

*can hardly wait to get his Borealis Thor* Yup, That's what I think I am calling it... well, maybe not Thor, but definitely Borealis. That dark crimson red is going to look SO good in person!!

NNSbadge.png

#432 Nordic Pen Imports

Nordic Pen Imports

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 18:26

Hi all

The pens have arrieved!!:thumbup:
Pretty soon I will start sending the new pens from NPI AB with the C/C to the testers. I have also removed the pens from the shop for now and will add them later. For those of you that have ordered a pen I will of course send them now.

I just need one small thing before sending them out, nibs! Ordered and hopefully delivered by the end of this week.

So, are you excited???:hmm1:

Kind regards
Niklas

#433 tomgartin

tomgartin

I'm not the big Lebowski.

• Member - Gold

• 950 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 23:33

Woot! I'm excited! Can't wait to start testing Posted Image

- - -

#434 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:59

you and me both Tom! You have to bring yours to the next meeting, if you can make it (I know you are somewhat busy these days). I think it's first weekend in May, but check in the Meetings forum to be sure. I know everyone else there would love to see them and play with them too!

NNSbadge.png

#435 Inkwellpens

Inkwellpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:18

Definitely excited. I am moving house on the weekend so this will be my first pen delivery to the new house. Woo hoo!!
www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

#436 tomgartin

tomgartin

I'm not the big Lebowski.

• Member - Gold

• 950 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 13:47

you and me both Tom! You have to bring yours to the next meeting, if you can make it (I know you are somewhat busy these days). I think it's first weekend in May, but check in the Meetings forum to be sure. I know everyone else there would love to see them and play with them too!

I'm in California during May, but I should be able to attend the June meeting. Can't wait to compare notes (and pens)
Unfortunately, my trip home probably also means the NPI pen will sit in my mailbox for a month before I get my hands on it.

- - -

#437 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 19:33

I dunno, it all depends on whether the pens get here before the May meeting (which is early). Just b/c of ths shipping time involved, I'm thinking more than likely we wouldn't get the pens until later in the month, so I'm betting it won't be waiting too long for your return, lol.

NNSbadge.png

#438 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:32

Niklas, I just read about your decision to close Stylos.se!  :bawl: I hope it didn't have anything to do with allowing us to beta test these pens for you (which I cannot wait to get so I can start doing exactly that!)?

NNSbadge.png

#439 Rachel

Rachel

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 23:36

I would be happy and excited to test a new pen or pens.  I use pens all the time, being a professional writer (34 books) who writes almost everything longhand in journals before typing the second draft into a computer.  I also write long snail letters.  So my pens get a workout.  Like some others, I have a wide range, running from very inexpensive Chinese pens (and some better quality, such as Hero gold nib pens) to a Nakaya. I write with both vintage and modern pens. Currently I'm using a couple of Wahls with flex nibs, a Noodlers Konrad Ebonite, a Platinum 3776, a Sheaffer vac-fill, a Swan eye dropper and an Ancora Perla.  When I work on a manuscript I tend to write quickly and want pens that can write precisely.  With snail writing I prefer flex nibs, so I'm used to a wide range.

Thanks for reading.

#440 Nordic Pen Imports

Nordic Pen Imports

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 18:15

Hi

I just got news from Germany that the nibs finally are on the way!

All testers will get their promised pens and I really hope that you will enjoy them.

Kind regards

Niklas

#441 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 1,053 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 21:39

Hi

I just got news from Germany that the nibs finally are on the way!

All testers will get their promised pens and I really hope that you will enjoy them.

Kind regards

Niklas

Hi Niklas... thanks so much for your gesture.  I am so sorry that we won't have you around for inks/pens... :(

Good luck in your new venture.. and please don't forget to drop by ...  :D

C.

#442 Nordic Pen Imports

Nordic Pen Imports

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:58

Hi all!

Finally the second shipment of pens are ready to be sent to the testers! Are you ready??

Niklas

#443 fphilipp

fphilipp

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:38

Hi Niklas, nice to hear that you are still there. Looking forward to testing!

#444 Inkwellpens

Inkwellpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:56

Hi, looking forward too. PM sent.
www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

#445 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:40

Great news!  What with the two ink orders I'm awaiting from the shop, I will be busy when everything gets here!  

NNSbadge.png

#446 briezrs

briezrs

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 15:19

Just received the inks order. :D

Now just waiting for the test pen 

Hi all!

Finally the second shipment of pens are ready to be sent to the testers! Are you ready??

Niklas

#447 Loeschpapier

Loeschpapier

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 16:38

Sure, if there is something to be tested... I'd love to try it out and infect more people with the pen bug.
I'm actually ambidextrous and wrote with either hand for a decade each, so I'd love to test stuff out with either hand.

Posted Image
"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith."

#448 Fabienne

Fabienne

Et nunc, aliquid plene diversum!

• Member - Gold

• 1,981 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 17:18

This is really interesting. If anyone dies or runs away and you need a tester, let me know. Oh, and I am really good at naming things. 

monamonamonalil.jpg

#449 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 20:15

Just received the inks order. :D

Now just waiting for the test pen 

antsy +1 here ^_~

NNSbadge.png