New Line Of Pens!

Nordic Pen Imports

I think the line should be called Borealis (after the northern lights, the Aurora Borealis) and then use a Norse god's name for the different colors. Taking the pen you've labeled as #1 for example, I would think a good name may be the Borealis Thor (since Thor actually had reddish hair, I don't know why the comic book character is blond). That could also work for the 6th and 13th pens. Other Norse gods name's could be used- Odin, Loki, etc. It ties together two different cultural aspects of Scandinavia and also sounds really cool. I mean, who wouldn't want to have a pen with the same name as Thor's hammer?

Edited by Harlequin

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlequin

• Nordic Pen Imports

• Cyber6

• Cognaticrotty

I'm still in, but nervous about eyedripper pens...

I'll step up and volunteer to take your spot 79spitfire (so your things don't get dripped on, of course ^_~) if you're number gets pulled! I'll take that bullet for you!

You buying that at all?

Edited by Harlequin

I'll step up and volunteer to take your spot 79spitfire (so your things don't get dripped on, of course ^_~) if you're number gets pulled! I'll take that bullet for you!

You buying that at all?

uh, no

:vbg:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Eye dropper pens are just fine when you are used to them. I have been using a Boston eyedropper as my desk pen for 7or8 months. So when are these pens going on sale 'cos I must get a pink and a purple one.

Same here... no issues with eye droppers.

I will go for any color... they are all very pretty. If need to choose, the red one goes well with my red riding hood avatar... :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I would be game to try one......I'm a little late getting into this post, but I'm here none the less! I am all over the board with what I use, as far as Steel or Gold nibs, I don't get into Fine or extra Fine, but usually stay with from Medium on up to Broad.......Then I have been trying stubs and italics, but my favorite is Left Hand Oblique, even tho I am Right handed. I cut my own nibs!

Thank You if you happen to choose me!

Mike

You buying that at all?

uh, no

:vbg:

Worth a try! :thumbup:

Niklas, those really look nice. If you are still adding volunteer testers, please add me. Right behind my compatriot Chi Town Mike. :)

Just as market research, my favorites are 1, 4, 5, 9, 10 and 13.

10: Sunfire yellow?

Kind of had this 60 second moment: "Gleaming in sunfire yellow" :)

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Let's talk about the price, what do you think about $60 (outside Europe) for one of theese pens, eyedropper with a F-nib. Would you be interested?

Niklas

Edited by Nordic Pen Imports

Eye dropper pens are just fine when you are used to them. I have been using a Boston eyedropper as my desk pen for 7or8 months. So when are these pens going on sale 'cos I must get a pink and a purple one.

Same here... no issues with eye droppers.

I will go for any color... they are all very pretty. If need to choose, the red one goes well with my red riding hood avatar... :lol:

C.

I am not going to be testing these I had my fun reviewing the Parker 5th, so it is someone elses turn to test and review these. I do like all the brightly colored acrylics but I have particularly wanted a pink pen to put pink ink in for a while. When I have had my fun with it, I know a young lady that should receive it.

I, from the all-Lamy-Safaris-and-Al-Stars-with-the-occasional-Pelikans world, would like to give the pens a try. As for naming the colors, I'd love to help you out as well. I can even blog about it if you wish me to.

I prefer medium nibs mostly, but I feel more challenged with the 1.5 italic, because I use them to write in my normal everyday cursive. A good italic nib should look good even with everyday handwriting.

I hope I get to be part of the development of this new line of pens. :thumbup: I'm not an expert, but consider me as one of those workaday folks that don't really think much about fountain pens and how they work, but just love using them everyday for everything.

Let's talk about the price, what do you think about $60 (outside Europe) for one of theese pens, eyedropper with a F-nib. Would you be interested?

Niklas

Where are the nibs sourced from?

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Niklas

Where are the nibs sourced from?

Not 100% decided yet but I have contacted a few companies. More info next week.

Niklas

Niklas

I think that's a nice price with a good nib. But I'll be candid: I'm not going to buy an eyedropper. It would have to be at least a cartridge/converter filler for me.

Niklas

Yes, that price range sounds reasonable to me, but I too would like to know who ends up providing the nibs. And I may be the odd one here, but I also quite like the ability to use a converter in my pens as I don't care much for maximizing the amount of ink I can put in the pen (vs. piston, eyedroppers, etc). Will that still be an option, or is it eyedropper only?

I think that is a good price point, but would prefer a non-eyedropper pen. Would they be available with at least a C/C for the same price or an increased one?

Niklas

So, for us EU plain conversion, or what? Because I am interested in one of these...

Foul tempter... mumbles...

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Niklas

That would seriously depend on the nib. I don't mind steel nibs, but there is steel and there is steel. Steel with some "spring" is better than hard as nail.

I would also suggest (if possible) to provide a choice of nib size. I honestly don't buy F nibs. Broads or above for me.

I am ok with eyedroppers, but it looks like I might be in the minority.

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

$60 is a good price point I think.

F nib should be okay as long as its a western F and not a Japanese F. I do prefer a little bit wider than an F, but I would still buy your pen.

Eye dropper is fine but a converter would be a nice option.

Steel should be okay as long as its not a junk nib. There are lots of great steel nibs.

When is the next round of testers being drawn? :D

VINTAGE PENS FOR SALE! Various brands all restored and ready to go! Check out the pics and let me know if you have any questions.