|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Refill Issues With Cross Ballpoint And Cross Pencil
Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:37
I work at an art store, and a customer came in this morning with her cross pen and pencil set. She was having trouble with refilling both her pen and pencil. The pen refill will extend, however it slips back up into the pen when one puts pressure on the point. After screwing in this refill, there is a noticeable feeling of their being a looseness or gap, despite the refill being screwed all the way in tightly. She previously attempted to replace the refill at home before bringing it in, so perhaps there is a piece missing in the mechanism. I cannot tell..
The pencil is a twist mechanism and takes .7mm lead, as far as I can tell, as .9mm is too big. I was unable to replace the lead properly with this pencil, the lead keeps falling out - or, when it does catch - it slips back into the barrel approx 1/32" when pressure is put on the lead tip.
She no longer had any paperwork or packaging for the pens.
Any information identifying this set and how to properly refill them will be much appreciated! Photos follow.
Thanks in advance!
Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:46
You can take a look at their product support here to see if any of it helps: http://www.cross.com...ct-support.aspx
If no one else can help you and nothing else works, they can be sent in for repair: http://www.cross.com...ustomer_service
Posted 09 January 2013 - 00:02
As for the ballpoint, I would have said that the plastic thread has stripped, but a new refill should not do the same. It does sound as if the inner steel barrel is moving upwards, in that case it's better to let Cross service department sort it out.
Useful information is shown on the Cross.com website, under customer service, which is normally very good.
I now have several Cross pens and pencils and find them to be very stylish and reliable.
Edited by Mike 59, 09 January 2013 - 11:52.