Searching For A Matte Black Fountain Pen

jeremy.g58

Hey all,

I am looking for a nice, simple, sleek matte black pen. I absolutely love the look of the Lamy 2000 but right now it's outside my budget. I am also intrigued by the Monteverde Invincia Stylus and the Stealth but I am obviously open to other suggestions as well. One thing I'm gonna be kinda picky about is that it has to be entirely black (glossy bits are ok as well as non-black clips). I have found many, like the Lamy Studio, that are a lovely matte black but have a silver grip section. To me that ruins the whole look.

Do any of you fine people have any other suggestions or comments?

I plug things in, I push buttons, and I pick things up and put them down in different places. And when I have a chance I write things down!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy.g58

• hari317

• dogpoet

• doggonecarl

Besides the Monteverde Invincia that you've mentioned, you can check out Pilot Vanishing Point, Sailor 1911, Lamy Safari, Montegrappa Fortuna, and possibly Pilot Metropolitan.

Edited by mAnuscript69

Maybe I'm just super excited about the matte black Pilot Vanishing Point I just ordered today, but it's a beautiful looking matte black pen. I also have a Pilot Metropolitan on the way, and it's only silver bit is a clip which I think still looks good. The metropolitan is about $15 and I can't say how good it is as I haven't gotten mine in yet but there have been many happy reviews.

may i suggest this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/jinhao-11-Frosted-black-High-grade-Medium-nib-fountain-pen-new-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqJ,!h4E5dG8bt!BBOdtweLS7g~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/jinhao-11-Frosted-black-High-grade-Medium-nib-fountain-pen-new-/140615010835?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bd4eca13

i have one, not the all black, but i'm thinking of getting this one cos' it looks cool!

Lamy CP1 black.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/LAMY50/review/IMG_4277.jpg

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

You could alway try the diy option of taking a scotchbright pad to a shiny black pen.

I know it sounds drastic but there has been an example shown somewhere on one of these boards.

It is worth looking at the whole thread start to finish as there are a few examples.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/213677-trying-a-satin-black-finish/page__hl__scotchbright

Dick D

Edited by dickydotcom

A Parker Sonnet?

http://www.websterspenshop.co.uk/_assets/images/cache/shops/productdetailspen/PAR00975.jpg

It comes in palladium trim as well

Cross ATX in Basalt Black comes to mind, but warning- it is rather a wet writer for me. Still, it writes very well!

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

My YouTube Channel: InkyJoys

Inky Meanderings: my pen, paper and ink blog

Best Non-FP user line ever: "Is that a calligraphy pen?"

Lamy CP1 black.

Another vote for the CP1. With Lamy, you can replace the nib with a black steel one, furthering the stealthiness.

Edited by doggonecarl

Cheapest pen I know will be a Kaigelu 300.(Less than USD$2 without shipping) Then most of the Parker lines will have a Matt Black. The Jinhao picture is actually gray in person.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

I have a couple of the aforementioned pens but my new Levenger L-tech is one that hasn't been mentioned. Unfortunately it's only available with an M nib (though you can switch it out with other Truewriter nibs). It's a heavy pen but I find it comfortable for longer sessions. Not much else like it on the market now that the Rotring 600 is defunct.

Cheers,

NM

I swear some people don't even bother reading the posting! :headsmack:

What about the Kaweco AL Sport? I don't have that exact one but I can vouch that they're wonderful writers. I'll also second the Safari as its the only other pen I can think of that's fully matte black within your budget. Let us know which one you end up going for!

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.