• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maryannemoll

• Harlequin

• Sailor Kenshin

• zuerincolour

Here's a new one. What a pity that I can't find any stores that carry the Montblanc British Racing Green these days. I love this ink.

post-2512-0-04490500-1358126712.jpg

Edited by maryannemoll

I'd imagine that would be a hard pen to try and match, since the barrel reflects a lot of different colors depending on the light.

I'd imagine that would be a hard pen to try and match, since the barrel reflects a lot of different colors depending on the light.

You are so right! I first tried my different browns on this pen, but they all looked a bit off. I tried three different dark greens first before chancing upon my old bottle of BRG which, sadly, has now been discontinued. The BRG, I think, represents the middle ground of the many different shades and colors that this pen exhibits.

I mostly don't match pen and ink colors -- frankly, I don't have enough pens to do that, and I *certainly* don't have enough blue pens for all the different blue and blue-black inks! :roflmho:

But I put De Atramentis Tchaikowsky, which may be their regular Silver Grey (Silbergrau), in a Guanleming Accountant, which is a silver-tone metal pen, and the color combination was perfect.

I may try PR Gray Flannel in it next, to see how I like that ink.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Awesome. I'm actually expecting a green Safari myself, and was wondering if I could fine some appropriate Kermit the Frog-green ink to match it. Seems I don't have to look far!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking of this, what color ink might go well with a matte/pearlized gold? It's not shiny by any means , but has more of a smoothness about it. Lemme see if I can find an example...

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/018/18549.jpg

any ideas?

I have this same pen....using medium golden-browns in it, like a fifty-fifty mix of Skrip brown and King's Gold.

Got the green Safari, too, but loaded it with my sample of Diamine Apple Glory.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

ooh, I don't have any Brown, but I do have King's Gold. I went with a different idea, Noodler's Habanero. Incidentally, how do you like the Plaisir? I like mine- got it in medium ,but wouldn't mind trying a fine (which I'll probably have to get from a Preppy). I could see getting more than just one of these b/c they really do write so well and are especially attractive.

Edited by Harlequin

I thought I was strange doing this. I have a selection of Noodler's pens specifically for this purpose. Black is still my go-to ink, and that is what is in my nice pen and my EDC pen, but I love matching pens with ink otherwise. I always need a color for correcting (I'm a teacher). I also need colors for annotations on a fiction book I'm working on.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

ooh, I don't have any Brown, but I do have King's Gold. I went with a different idea, Noodler's Habanero. Incidentally, how do you like the Plaisir? I like mine- got it in medium ,but wouldn't mind trying a fine (which I'll probably have to get from a Preppy). I could see getting more than just one of these b/c they really do write so well and are especially attractive.

I like it just fine. I think mine is M, too, and since I'm a big fan of how the Preppys write, this seems to write as well but the pearl-gold color is really beautiful.

I got to try a Plaisir fine nib today, I think I may like it even more than the medium! I may be looking for a cheap "gold" preppy to switch its nib into my Plaisir.

Jetpens prolly still has them.

So both of your Plaisirs are gold? I have the one gold Plaisir, but Preppys in every color in both F and M.

Now on to my borthday pen... A Waterman Carene in Shimmering Sands, which is a kind of bronzy-blacky-red finish. I had an old Waterman cart in red. Mostly dried out. Pipetted a little J Herbin Lie de The, followed by a little water. I was aiming for a barrel match but the color's not writing true yet.

The nib is a B. just a massive blob of gold metal. I love it. Hope I can figure out how to take and post pics from this device.

I wonder if I can get this to work...

:crybaby:

No. I'm hopeless...it'll have to wait till tonight.

Waiiita a minnut... I went the long way around.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494/8424510034_43ec6a4d84_b.jpg

Edited by Sailor Kenshin

Jetpens prolly still has them.

So both of your Plaisirs are gold? I have the one gold Plaisir, but Preppys in every color in both F and M.

Now on to my borthday pen... A Waterman Carene in Shimmering Sands, which is a kind of bronzy-blacky-red finish. I had an old Waterman cart in red. Mostly dried out. Pipetted a little J Herbin Lie de The, followed by a little water. I was aiming for a barrel match but the color's not writing true yet.

The nib is a B. just a massive blob of gold metal. I love it. Hope I can figure out how to take and post pics from this device.

Oh no, I only have one Plaisir. I got to try the other one (with the fine nib) at the Atlanta ITP Pen Posse meeting. I only have my gold one, but I am also digging the green one to tell you the truth.

Those pearly barrels really are purdy.

Can't stand my handwriting, but here we go again. Turns out I have more than one cart of Skrip Peacock ink, and turns out I really love the color, even in an undisputably green pen:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8334/8427423112_8186e103ae_z.jpg

I got a green translucent NNS as a gift just recently. Right now it has a purple ink in it (which was leftover in the cart, apparently. I'll have to ask the person who gave it to me what brand it was, as I don't recall right this second. But when that is done, I need to find a good green to match that pen! Any suggestions?

Waterman green, Skrip green, both well-behaved. JH has Lierre Sauvage, with fewer blue undertones, and Vert Reseda, with more.

Those are the bottled inks that come to mind, that I actually use.

Green pen, purple ink. Interesting!